A Look Back, a 1960's mod, official thread.

Just a brief update and I'm going to sleep,...thought I'd be able to get more done, but this will take a huge amount of my life it appears :p [B]Wrestlers done: Alfred Hayes Arnold Skaaland Buddy Rogers Killer Kowalski[/B] Like I said will keep everyone updated daily....GOOD NIGHT!

what may be helpful for you Jon is to write a list of what you want your mod to include and which parts you want to do yourself, then make a post listing all the other jobs you want doing and ask people to help out. Im sure you will get a lot of interest, purely based on the popularity of DOTT

Jon, I grew up on wrestling as well as being around wrestlers due to relations and my mat rat Aunt for most of my 41 years. (1965 birth) I will help out if I can. Texas wrestling, especially the Amarillo (Funk) & Big Time (Fritz's) areas are my specialty, but also basic knowledge as well. Good luck on the project.

Thanks panix, just from working through those few wrestlers last night, even with their popularity, it was hard to find info about what they were doing in 1960 :p noas5, I'll be in contact with you tonight when I get off work, thanks!!

[QUOTE=panix04]:D i think just about every TEW mod maker had obssesed with wrestling as there homepage![/QUOTE] True story. Here are a few D Boon recommend to me: * Viktor Berry's Shire's San Francisco fan site is probably my favorite. Again, he doesn't go into depth at all - but the pictures and some of his stories are top notch. * Old School Wrestling has Clawmaster's results archives - so that helps on rosters. * 1 Wrestling Legends is alright. It's Scott Teal's collection of cheesy little wrestler sites - but it's basically set up to get you to buy their Whatever Happened To... magazine. There's some decent stories from the era, but they are somewhat clipped and kayfabed. * Central States remembered is pretty good. Again, for that particular territory. * Georgia Wrestling History is probably the most in-depth. As Murphy's Law dictates, the main site is currently down - so it won't be very helpful right now. * Pro Wrestling History has a lot of good Supercard results. Combined with the above-mentioned Clawmaster's results, it helps. It's more 80s and beyond, but there are a few relevant cards. * Steel Belt Wrestling is pretty good for info on my neck of the woods back then. But if you happen to delve into some of the wrestling site forums, make sure to wear some boots when wading. There's a lot of crap, heh. Hope this helps. How goes the editing? How many workers are you planning on having?

[QUOTE=panix04]:D i think just about every TEW mod maker had obssesed with wrestling as there homepage![/QUOTE] Actually i dont as quite a lot of their info, especially on independent promotions is very wrong. It gets workers mixed up and half the time the finishers and such are also outdated too, puroresu central, jujigatame puroresu and of course cagematch.de are the best in my opinion. Also can't beat google and the doi to find out official sites

[QUOTE=forlan]Actually i dont as quite a lot of their info, especially on independent promotions is very wrong. It gets workers mixed up and half the time the finishers and such are also outdated too, puroresu central, jujigatame puroresu and of course cagematch.de are the best in my opinion. Also can't beat google and the doi to find out official sites[/QUOTE] Interesting, i will have to check out those sites, perhaps they can help me with my wrespi2 mod.

I can help you with some workers, since i'm doing a 1963 mod for WreSpi 2. Also WIkipedia is a great resource for promotions and workers. I only use ObsessedWithWrestling for pictures.

• 1 year later...

Archived