I hate being that guy. But here goes. really dissapointed with the testers this time around. I would think they get the same version as we did before it was released. All these run time errors on simple stuff should of been caught. Im not even going to try any more. I usually buy these games the day it comes out. This one, I wonder. Hope these get fixed. Sorry to vent. But just frustrated with it right now.

It is worth remembering this week is an open beta week specifically because it’s impossible for a smaller team to play/test/break any software to the scale of hundreds/thousands of people with differing playstyles or ideas on what they want to do with the game.

• Like 5

A good amount of issues have been fixed in the past few days, especially as there has been a new patch each day so far. I assume the most glaringly problematic issues would be fixed before launch since it still is in the public beta phase. 

3 minutes ago, Coop said:

I hate being that guy. But here goes. really dissapointed with the testers this time around. I would think they get the same version as we did before it was released. All these run time errors on simple stuff should of been caught. Im not even going to try any more. I usually buy these games the day it comes out. This one, I wonder. Hope these get fixed. Sorry to vent. But just frustrated with it right now.

Are we talking known bugs or issues that you're encountering that haven't yet been posted to the tech support forum? Post history will show that I am not a GDS defender by any means, but a LOT of runtime errors are the result of missing prerequisites on the OS level rather than actual programming errors. If you post some specifics in the appropriate place it'd be a good chance for someone to sort out what's what.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, The Superman 3 of People said:

Are we talking known bugs or issues that you're encountering that haven't yet been posted to the tech support forum? Post history will show that I am not a GDS defender by any means, but a LOT of runtime errors are the result of missing prerequisites on the OS level rather than actual programming errors. If you post some specifics in the appropriate place it'd be a good chance for someone to sort out what's what.

Must if all are reported by others. i mean i understand the usual first day stuff. but when im just trying to do normal stuff, like prebooking, poof lets close down. uhg.

Experience shows that reported errors get fixed extremely quickly.

Admittedly, I seem to remember complaining a lot myself during the 2020 release, so trust me, I know it can be annoying if you just want to play a game you've been waiting for - I get it. But it can't really be helped that a beta version of a game (or any software) is gonna have bugs that need to be ironed out - that's kind of what the beta phase is for.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Coop said:

i always thought that was the job of the playtesters before us. Dont get me wrong. Im no interested in a flame war. Im just trying to understand here.

We are the playtesters. That is why its an open Beta.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Coop said:

i always thought that was the job of the playtesters before us. Dont get me wrong. Im no interested in a flame war. Im just trying to understand here.

Imagine if you were playing a version where all of the bugs that the small team caught hadn’t been ironed out.

It's not quite that simple. You may see an error in a screen and assume play testers never went in that screen. However, that screen will have been extensively tested, but a late change may have caused an error to crop up. Even now, a patch release to solve one issue has a knock on affect and could cause other errors.

The one thing we should be extremely thankful for is Adam's work rate in putting out multiple patches on a daily basis. You get used to it, then play a Triple AAA game, report an issue, get told it's a known issue, and then still wait weeks for a patch.

Public Betas are extremely good for capturing errors such as the foreign language calendar issue that is hard to pick up in a small group of playtesters (who do this in their spare time). Do we want less errors? Sure. Would I prefer a one week public beta rather than another month in development? Sure.

• Like 1

I wonder if most of these errors are from non-English speakers and Windows just being weird. I haven't yet had a download of TEW IX be it the main, patch or reinstaller not be flagged as malicious by Windows 10 myself.