my poser pics

[QUOTE=panix04]so if Daz studios is free would i be able to DL it and start making poser-style pictures? Or is there a catch?[/QUOTE] No catch, exept if you want overgrown freak's like Wolfgang Wilhelm.

[QUOTE=panix04]so if Daz studios is free would i be able to DL it and start making poser-style pictures? Or is there a catch?[/QUOTE] The catch is that the base products - Daz|Studio, Michael 3, Victoria 3, and Aiko 3 are free but most add ons must be bought. However, if you join the platinum club, you get a $5 voucher every month, an additional 30% many items, and many other items are only $1.99. If you join for a year, you get dozens of items completely free. Michael 2 and Victoria 2 (which are still supported with plenty of free stuff on the net), plus their textures, among them. Plugins for D|S I use are pwsurface, pwghost, pantomime, morph loader, and d-former. I'm going to get pwcatch when it comes out. With all the free stuff out there - almost anything for Poser will work in Daz|Studio - you don't have to spend a dime. [url]http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?refid=335530812[/url]

[QUOTE=JWideman] With all the free stuff out there - almost anything for Poser will work in Daz|Studio - you don't have to spend a dime. [url]http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?refid=335530812[/url][/QUOTE] thats a relief, i live in England and we don't really have Dime's over here! Joking aside though i might try this out tonight, see if i can do anything with it. If anyone has a good tutorial book marked i'd appreciate a link! :)

[QUOTE=.SVA]Tran.. sparency map? All right clearly, you need to help me DAz|Studio. No wait, would you PLEASE help me? (SOrry to go off-topic so much)[/QUOTE] A transparency map is a grayscale image that's been painted so that when applied to the opacity - transparency in Poser - will allow only the areas painted white to show through. This is most useful for hair, but is also used on clothing to change the style when the object isn't made for it. Want short sleeves but only have long sleeves? Instant short sleeves with a transparency map! Eyebrows and eyelashes are pretty hard for a beginner to make themselves, but luckily any set of textures for Generation 3 (Michael 3, Victoria 3, the Freak, David, Stephanie Petite, Aiko 3, Hiro) and most other figures come with transparency maps for these. If it's not open already, open the surfaces tab from the view menu. Select the eyebrows surface in the left panel, then click on the advanced tab in the right. Scroll down until you see "opacity strength". Click on that button with the triangle on it and that will let you load a transparency map. However, most texture sets these days come with special pose files that will apply all the textures, transparencies, and bumps for you. These are called MAT poses. Also, in nearly every case, a texture for one Generation 3 figure will work on another. You can put Victoria 3's skin - a low res version comes with D|S in fact - on the Freak, for instance.

[QUOTE=panix04]thats a relief, i live in England and we don't really have Dime's over here! Joking aside though i might try this out tonight, see if i can do anything with it. If anyone has a good tutorial book marked i'd appreciate a link! :)[/QUOTE] The Daz|Studio site is full of tutorials, though they are meant for slightly beyond the Utter Newbie.

[QUOTE=JWideman]A transparency map is a grayscale image that's been painted so that when applied to the opacity - transparency in Poser - will allow only the areas painted white to show through. This is most useful for hair, but is also used on clothing to change the style when the object isn't made for it. Want short sleeves but only have long sleeves? Instant short sleeves with a transparency map! Eyebrows and eyelashes are pretty hard for a beginner to make themselves, but luckily any set of textures for Generation 3 (Michael 3, Victoria 3, the Freak, David, Stephanie Petite, Aiko 3, Hiro) and most other figures come with transparency maps for these. If it's not open already, open the surfaces tab from the view menu. Select the eyebrows surface in the left panel, then click on the advanced tab in the right. Scroll down until you see "opacity strength". Click on that button with the triangle on it and that will let you load a transparency map. However, most texture sets these days come with special pose files that will apply all the textures, transparencies, and bumps for you. These are called MAT poses. Also, in nearly every case, a texture for one Generation 3 figure will work on another. You can put Victoria 3's skin - a low res version comes with D|S in fact - on the Freak, for instance.[/QUOTE] Great! Hurray for JWideman!

I should also mention that [URL="http://trekkiegrrrl.dk/"]TrekkieGrrl[/URL] has a vein bump map for free. There is a better one, made by Jepe, but it is not free. A bump map is like a transparency map, only it goes in the bump or displacement channel. However, such details may get lost at low res, unless you exagerate them.

Archived