Replicating the new AI render style?

To keep it short and sweet, I'm wondering if it's public knowledge as to which platform was used to generate this year's AI renders?

I would love to know how to make the same renders as similar as possible as having this at my disposal would greatly increase the enjoyment for me.

If people could share their experience with making AI renders or even how they personally turn it into a GIF and add the same border as in the game I'm sure it would go a long way to me but also others who aren't quite well versed on being super creative with that sort of thing.

10 hours ago, SuperFresh said:

To keep it short and sweet, I'm wondering if it's public knowledge as to which platform was used to generate this year's AI renders?

I would love to know how to make the same renders as similar as possible as having this at my disposal would greatly increase the enjoyment for me.

If people could share their experience with making AI renders or even how they personally turn it into a GIF and add the same border as in the game I'm sure it would go a long way to me but also others who aren't quite well versed on being super creative with that sort of thing.

A free alternative to Midjourney like mentioned above is Meta.ai. I've just recently started working with it when I saw the realistic renders since most of the ones I use can not do them well or at all. This is a prompt I use to get good results:

Create an image of a headshot with a solid black background of a very unique looking male professional wrestler and mixed martial artist from Europe who has a unique style, looking at the camera with a charismatic expression on his face.

I'd go wild with it because it is rare for these to output decent realistic people now. It seems there are a lot of limitations on that sort of thing and I believe it will get harder to generate them in the future (at least for free). I think this Meta one is somewhat new so you can still get away with what you could on the others in the past. You'll hit a daily cap but it seems to expire in 24 hours. It will start telling you it can not generate images but just keep waiting and trying. I think I have generated around 1000-1500 usable ones over the past week or so (maybe 4000-5000 actual images). You'll probably need to do a bit of touchup since there is a small watermark but it should be easy to remove. It is also small enough to ignore if you can live with it. I use Photoshop but I believe there are free alternatives. GIMP is one. You can use a generative fill in that small area or use a Clone brush since it is probably over a skin tone or flat color. You'll need to also cut the render to the right size. It looks like if you eyeball it at the bottom of the throat and go to the top of the head/hair, you'll have it line up close enough.

The output will be hit or miss though - especially with how the in-game renders show the entire top of the head with most of the hair. You'll get some good renders but it cuts their head just above the forehead which would bother me to use alongside the others. It outputs 4 per go and you'll probably get 1 good one for every 4.

Change up the wording in the prompt to get what you want. When you get a good prompt you're liking, there is a feature to "edit" at the bottom. I use it to add "from Continent/Country/Region" over and over to get ethnic variety. The hardest things are getting it to keep the person looking forward, show all of the top of their head, and not putting some type of clothing on all of the men. The clothes part is something that bugs me. I like most of the people to appear as they would in-ring (unless they have some kind of defining element to their attire). That is why I also add something about the person being an MMA fighter or mixed martial artist (though this does make the people look a bit more rough and less flashy). I find that it keeps their shirt off more often. You can remove that part for renders where you are wanting someone to have wrestling attire and for women. It tends to put a lot of clothing on wrestlers. Also, you have to get around it in strange ways because of the bumpers they put on to avoid generating NSFW content. One more note is that it also seems to be drawing any color keyword from that one mention of "black" for the background. You'll get a lot of people with black hair and clothes. Try adding in specific hair colors and outfit colors as well. I'm cool with people mostly looking generic and bland because I will be using them for "extras" to flesh out the indie scenes. You may need to get a bit more proactive with specifics in the prompt.

It is not perfect and can be samey on some generations but it is the only free one I know of that can do decent realism in people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1