Preface: I don't know how to get the dates to work right with tours. 

I'm not wrapping my head with how to set dates so the tours happen and then end with a big blow off event. Depending on what day of the week the month starts, my ending event may happen before the last day or two of the tour. (Ordering the names with #1, #2, #3 also get out of order).

Idea: It would be neat if I could set a start day and and end day in the editor and the number of tour shows. Then somehow set the blow off show to be set X number of days after the penultimate event. Don't know if it's plausible, or if a tutorial on how not to be a moron would be easier. Hahahaha

Maybe even a "Must happen after [EVENT]" field. That could act as an automatic offset?

Edited by Nightshadeex

5 hours ago, Nightshadeex said:

Preface: I don't know how to get the dates to work right with tours. 

I'm not wrapping my head with how to set dates so the tours happen and then end with a big blow off event. Depending on what day of the week the month starts, my ending event may happen before the last day or two of the tour. (Ordering the names with #1, #2, #3 also get out of order).

Idea: It would be neat if I could set a start day and and end day in the editor and the number of tour shows. Then somehow set the blow off show to be set X number of days after the penultimate event. Don't know if it's plausible, or if a tutorial on how not to be a moron would be easier. Hahahaha

Maybe even a "Must happen after [EVENT]" field. That could act as an automatic offset?

You need all "nights" of a tour to have their Positioning Shift setting aligned with where you want them to take place relative to a fixed placement (usually a big event). As an example, if I set NJPW Dominion to take place on the Second Sunday of June and I want all nights of the Best of Super Juniors tour to take place before it, in order obviously, leading up to Dominion as the final, the tour nights would be set like this:

JofIY9X.png

This ensures that they all take place before Dominion as the tours have the same base positioning, but shifted backwards in order. Unfortunately right now you also have to set the Next Scheduled date manually as that will override any base positioning settings, but I'm hoping this will get changed as it cuts down on loads of work.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Questlove said:

You need all "nights" of a tour to have their Positioning Shift setting aligned with where you want them to take place relative to a fixed placement (usually a big event). As an example, if I set NJPW Dominion to take place on the Second Sunday of June and I want all nights of the Best of Super Juniors tour to take place before it, in order obviously, leading up to Dominion as the final, the tour nights would be set like this:

JofIY9X.png

This ensures that they all take place before Dominion as the tours have the same base positioning, but shifted backwards in order. Unfortunately right now you also have to set the Next Scheduled date manually as that will override any base positioning settings, but I'm hoping this will get changed as it cuts down on loads of work.

Brilliant! Thank you! My brain didn't even begin to think of this and it's such a simple and elegant solution. I appreciate this so much.

53 minutes ago, Nightshadeex said:

Brilliant! Thank you! My brain didn't even begin to think of this and it's such a simple and elegant solution. I appreciate this so much.

I thought tours would be horrible to figure out, but once your brain clicks it does suddenly make sense
I'm sure others might feel different, but if creating a tour from scratch seems easiest to start at the last event and work backwards I think