Ring Announcer as Part of Inner Circle?

I just had an idea! Why not add "Ring Announcer" to the inner circle members? 

What I'm thinking is, they need to have good mic(/entertainment) skills and have a people-oriented personality, plus perhaps a decent amount of stamina, since they'll tend to be working the whole night.

Here's what they do: They will never count as not having been used on the show, assuming there's at least 1 match on the card. Every match they're not participating in (in some regard; wrestler, commentator, road agent, etc.) will get a boost to its rating in proportion to their mic skill, and the crowd will be more likely to stay engaged between segments, due to a ring announcer usually being tasked with keeping the crowd engaged during a show. They help engagement and overall show ratings, something none of the inner circle members currently do.

Of course, this will come with higher wage demands, but I think it'd absolutely be worth it. Plus, then we'd finally have a use for Real World mod characters like Justin Roberts, who otherwise would be either useless, or working a job like play-by-play, which he IRL might not be very well suited for. It would also help add to the realism of the shows, which I know TEWIX has really improved upon in a lot of other aspects, so I think this would be a fun way to incorporate them into the game without having to make it its own separate role.

Edited by Spoons
  • Like 19

11 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Love this idea, exceedingly clever.

Thank you! :) I figure it'd be a good way to add it in without disrupting things or changing the structure of the game too much.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2024 at 3:53 AM, Spoons said:

What I'm thinking is, they need to have good mic(/entertainment) skills and have a people-oriented personality, plus perhaps a decent amount of stamina, since they'll tend to be working the whole night.

Here's what they do: They will never count as not having been used on the show, assuming there's at least 1 match on the card. Every match they're not participating in (in some regard; wrestler, commentator, road agent, etc.) will get a boost to its rating in proportion to their mic skill, and the crowd will be more likely to stay engaged between segments, due to a ring announcer usually being tasked with keeping the crowd engaged during a show. They help engagement and overall show ratings, something none of the inner circle members currently do.

Of course, this will come with higher wage demands, but I think it'd absolutely be worth it. Plus, then we'd finally have a use for Real World mod characters like Justin Roberts, who otherwise would be either useless, or working a job like play-by-play, which he IRL might not be very well suited for. It would also help add to the realism of the shows, which I know TEWIX has really improved upon in a lot of other aspects, so I think this would be a fun way to incorporate them into the game without having to make it its own separate role.

Well thought out.  I love the idea of having a Ring Announcer as part of the Inner Circle with those mechanics in place!  Maybe a future patch will incorporate something along these lines!

• Like 2

I was at the OTT show in Wolverhampton last night and the ring announcer was great, genuinely made a difference to the show. I've always wondered why ring announcers aren't really a thing in TEW. I feel like they were in EWR but maybe I'm misremembering. Would love to see them added somehow.

Edited by Stickmaniac

1 hour ago, sportvandora said:

Well thought out.  I love the idea of having a Ring Announcer as part of the Inner Circle with those mechanics in place!  Maybe a future patch will incorporate something along these lines!

Thank you! I agree, I think it'd be great to have them in the game and I figured, with the new Inner Circle mechanics, that it'd be a good way to slot them in. I hope they get implemented!

On 8/4/2024 at 7:53 AM, Spoons said:

Love this idea - I wonder if there could be more than 1 ring announcer in the inner circle so you could assign one to events and one to each brand like Raw and Smackdown or each TV show.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cps_1908 said:

Love this idea - I wonder if there could be more than 1 ring announcer in the inner circle so you could assign one to events and one to each brand like Raw and Smackdown or each TV show.

Hmmm, good idea! And it could specify, like "Ring Announcer - Events", "Ring Announcer - (Insert TV Show Name)", "Ring Announcer - Company Brand 1", "Ring Announcer - Company Brand 2", etc. 

• Like 1