After some time has passed and reconsideration..... I HATE the new Angle System.

While at first, I thought it was innovative and a way to create some unique angle that had never been created before, Now.... Its just bad.

-it doesn't have "Not Rated"
-the adding and especially removing workers is off-putting
-the "new" roles aren't even clear, Like Working the Crowd and Character Development.... Its literally the same definition.
-the fact that now you have to go one by one through the road agent notes in order to give a worker a minor/major success.
-It feels like it takes 3x the amount of time to even book a simple angle

and most importantly...... Its not FUN.

Ive already returned to 2020, All the other additions are very VERY cool. Especially the dynamic relationships, but the new Angle system is enough for me not to touch TEW9 anymore.

Classic case of "if its not broke, Dont try to fix it"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dfking said:

Classic case of "if its not broke, Dont try to fix it"

I think there was room for improvement, namely adding an aim to an angle that would take certain skills/attributes into account. Similar to match aims, angles could have been Comedy (bonus for workers with related attributes and gimmicks), Action (rated on in-ring ability), Hype (boost for the next match, which would have been useful for one-off matches without a storyline with borrowed/local workers), Storytelling (advance storyline even if it's not a success/defeat for anyone, like someone making a challenge or an authority announcing a special stipulation between the involved workers). I'd have loved that. But as it is, I agree with you on all points. It's an absolute chore to book entertainment products now.

The new angle system is an overall miss for me.   I find the UI extremely unpleasant but I do understand why people do love it.  Honestly, I wish Adam could combine the "old way" and new way together.  The Quick Angle is similar to the old way.  Oh well, it is what it is.  I like the new features more to totally go back to TEW2020.  

I'm not sure how I feel about it all yet.

Having booked a few shows now after doing prep work, I'm enjoying it so far. I always felt handcuffed with multiple-action angles. When a worker came out, cut a promo, got attacked, fought back, then got saved by someone else? The 20 angles wouldn't do a damn thing for it. Now, I feel like we can do that, and I like those kind of angles.

I do see the chore that some parts of it are, but so far I haven't been put off by it.

I do think we need something for the lower card doofus in the stable to just be standing around (maybe that's "Background player" is for? I'll try that for my goofs next show) as part of the stable. I don't know how all the mechanics play out since it seems like you get the same rating for the major star that the manager's promo is about and said doofus.

St.T

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MainOffender said:

Isn't Off Screen the equivalent of Not Rated?

image.png.b294260aa9edf9e84b0e3d8336082e05.png

In 2020 you could have someone on screen while not being rated meaning they wouldn't tank the angle's rating but you could also get pop and, if someone was rated on one of the entertainment skills, attribute gains. It could be quite cheesy but I abused it :classic_laugh:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JP317 said:

In 2020 you could have someone on screen while not being rated meaning they wouldn't tank the angle's rating but you could also get pop and, if someone was rated on one of the entertainment skills, attribute gains. It could be quite cheesy but I abused it :classic_laugh:

You can do that now as well. I believe its either Background Player, or Non-Speaking Appearance. Unless I'm totally off base.

Edited by QFresh
  • Like 1

What is everyone doing to get good ratings? I have two guys that are 85 in entertainment, I had them cut a promo on each other, advance the storyline, they are both in the 80's 90's in pop and I got a 77 score. I did it three times and 77 was the best score I got in the three tests I got. 

If I want a popular, entertaining wrestler to talk crap about another popular wrestler that isn't that entertaining should I just have it be "cut a promo" and then in the target list them in a non speaking role? If they don't speak does it hurt the angle? 

I'm just overall confused on what things require which skills. Before you could determine what they were rated on and that made sense. I can't get a good rating on angles to save my life and every show tanks. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Stennick said:

What is everyone doing to get good ratings? I have two guys that are 85 in entertainment, I had them cut a promo on each other, advance the storyline, they are both in the 80's 90's in pop and I got a 77 score. I did it three times and 77 was the best score I got in the three tests I got. 

If I want a popular, entertaining wrestler to talk crap about another popular wrestler that isn't that entertaining should I just have it be "cut a promo" and then in the target list them in a non speaking role? If they don't speak does it hurt the angle? 

I'm just overall confused on what things require which skills. Before you could determine what they were rated on and that made sense. I can't get a good rating on angles to save my life and every show tanks. 

Hmm. I've managed to get 50-60 rated angles out of my 20 pop backyard fed dorks, so your scores definitely seem low. How long was the first angle? Scripted or improvised? What did you get for road agent notes on the segment?

For the second scenario, I'd list the target as "Off Screen" unless they're supposed to be there getting berated in person. If the target is there but not speaking, I'd probably use Non-Speaking Role if they're complete shit, Work the Crowd if they have charisma but no mic, Intimidation if they're scary.

The show history doesn't give me much to go on for what setting I picked, so this is from memory mostly except the ratings.

Izzy Quick (entertainment stats 71-57-51, pop 23) cutting a promo for 5 minutes on Fearless Blue (off screen). Content type was probably Hype. Improvised. Show opener. 59 rating.

Xavier Reckless (64-60-62, pop 35) cutting a promo for 5 minutes while Bret Kyle (74-54-56, pop 30) works the crowd. Content type was probably Serious. Improvised. Second to last segment of the night after a Mayhem match (hot crowd).  56 rating.

13 hours ago, QFresh said:

You can do that now as well. I believe its either Background Player, or Non-Speaking Appearance. Unless I'm totally off base.

Except, according to the handbook, both of those roles are rated on pop meaning they will affect the overall rating of the angle. And Background Player is considered a cameo role so while they'll tank the angle less they'll also get fewer gains from it.

I have no issue with how it is now though, I'm not complaining just stating the differences (I'll just have to play more legit now :classic_laugh:)

14 hours ago, MainOffender said:

The show history doesn't give me much to go on for what setting I picked, so this is from memory mostly except the ratings.

Izzy Quick (entertainment stats 71-57-51, pop 23) cutting a promo for 5 minutes on Fearless Blue (off screen). Content type was probably Hype. Improvised. Show opener. 59 rating.

Xavier Reckless (64-60-62, pop 35) cutting a promo for 5 minutes while Bret Kyle (74-54-56, pop 30) works the crowd. Content type was probably Serious. Improvised. Second to last segment of the night after a Mayhem match (hot crowd).  56 rating.

Cutting a Promo and Working the Crowd both look at Charisma, Microphone and Pop so those angles are getting rated at least partially for the 57, 60 and 54 Mic skills and the low pops of the workers.

Those also seem like decent ratings for small fed ratings? Certainly, the workers are outperforming their pop.

This system does make it harder to manipulate match rarings. The single attribute ratings are mostly gone and everyone involved in an angle effects the rating somewhat.

Menace is really good again though. The Intimidation role generally scores well and it doesn't seem like you need a hype man to avoid boredom penalties.

3 hours ago, Doctor Crunch said:

Cutting a Promo and Working the Crowd both look at Charisma, Microphone and Pop so those angles are getting rated at least partially for the 57, 60 and 54 Mic skills and the low pops of the workers.

Those also seem like decent ratings for small fed ratings? Certainly, the workers are outperforming their pop.

This system does make it harder to manipulate match rarings. The single attribute ratings are mostly gone and everyone involved in an angle effects the rating somewhat.

Menace is really good again though. The Intimidation role generally scores well and it doesn't seem like you need a hype man to avoid boredom penalties.

Yeah, I posted them as examples of what's working for me. They're definitely good! And I agree about Intimidation -- I've successfully used it in 6 minute angles, albeit with another guy cutting a promo or working the crowd.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

This is what I've been doing to get good ratings,

Quick Add, Staredown, and I use work the crowd for all my over guys and off-screen for anyone that can tank the ratings.  I will use Intimidation in place of work the crowd for menace guys.

This is getting me everything from a 70 to 90+ depending on who is in the angle.

I just add what I want to happen in the segment name, even though its a "staredown" quick add. 

Edited by cmbell27

17 hours ago, cmbell27 said:

This is what I've been doing to get good ratings,

Quick Add, Staredown, and I use work the crowd for all my over guys and off-screen for anyone that can tank the ratings.  I will use Intimidation in place of work the crowd for menace guys.

This is getting me everything from a 70 to 90+ depending on who is in the angle.

I just add what I want to happen in the segment name, even though its a "staredown" quick add. 

Anything for the Midcard or stars you’re trying to build up ? 

Edited by SableWWF

9 hours ago, SableWWF said:

Anything for the Midcard or stars you’re trying to build up ? 

Nope, aside from jobbing stars to them, putting them in the same angles with stars as "off-screen" or I just eat the lower rated angle's for them.

• Thanks 1

I am having no joy at all with angles, can't get onbe rated above a 70 in current wwe. 

Does each angle part now have a minumum recommendation time, like the old angles used to be 4 mins minimum to get good results. Does the overal segment have a minumim best time, or each part? For instance, I have been doing 3 minute parts of an angle to equal a 9 minute total, and each of them are terrible. Are these too short? 

I get and like the fact that people are now set on what they are actually doing, rather than the gamey way of what they are rated on, but I don't think it's working anywhwere near as good as TEW20. It's loger, more complicated, and more frsutrating when they don't pay off how you anticpated. 

Definatelty need some guidance on it from anyone who is gettting good results from them. Currently I can't see how TEW IX is any more enjoyable than TEW20 unfortunately. 

• Like 1