[RELEASE] CVerse 2010! (Version 1.9 Updated 9-15-24)

I have released my 2010 C-Verse conversion mod, porting over my 2020 version.

I have put a lot of effort into trying to implement the new features of the game, adding in some flavor, adding in some moments of lore, and just editing some stuff to be a little bit more balanced and not so crazy.

I'm a one man team, so PLEASE, if you see anything funky, anything that doesn't make sense in lore, anything that isn't fun, anything that isn't balanced, anything that is straight up broken, please mention it and may be open to fixing it. This mod is mainly for me, but it's also for you too. I can't deep dive into endlessly simming the game-- I really want some feedback from players.

This mod uses the Default AI images that come with the game. All images are set to the .JPEG format, but if you want gifs, go to the main editor, press Toggle List to get the Select All button, select all, go to the dropdown menu and click "Picture Becomes GIF Format" and press Mass Edit. Do the same for Alter Egos and Free Pictures. Do NOT press "Picture Becomes Their Name." Then go to Database Details and change the folder.

Included inside the download is the data, and two images, a SOTBPW logo and logo backdrop. They were removed in the picture folder.

Also, just don't play with Strict Storylines on in the beginning. And Minimum Rosters can be a problem as well.

DOWNLOAD:

Version 1.9 (NEWEST VERSION)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ocm8b3t3osud9vb/CV10_TWIX_v1_09.rar/file

Version 1.8 (OLD VERSION)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/72ud9gk7s7ieens/CV10_TWIX_v1_08.rar/file

CHANGE LOG

- For my own entertainment, created a 15% chance Narrative to take place between [Nov 2018] and [Nov 2024] where Alicia Strong gets into politics. Her name changes to her (non-canon, totally made up) real name of Leisha Armstrong and gains the Political Interest Attribute.
- For my own entertainment, created a 15% chance Narrative where Gorgon has plastic surgery to boost her Sex Appeal and Star Quality in 2012.
- For my own entertainment, created a 5% chance Narrative where Magnum Kobe's single can be a smash hit, and gain the Famous Musician Attribute.
- Created my own "Company Turns [milestone number]" Narratives
- Created my own 2009 Award Narratives.
- Made Rip Chord Invitational news story Narrative happen every year until 2024
- Created my own injury update Narratives for Yoshimi Mushashibo and Madman Boone.
- Changed some heights of the heaviest individuals because they were converted as very tall in '22.
- Changed Duane Stone's height and weight to make him a "Lightweight" in BHOTWG. (And for lore purposes, I kinda like the idea that he's not as popular as his brothers because he's a short king)  
- Same for Dagger in ACPW.
- Same for Nichiren Amagawa and Magnum Kobe in WLW.
- Same for Gonzalo Rubio, Mexican Ghoul, Pablo Rodriguez, Pirate Malvado, and Vincente Romero in SOTBPW.  
- And then slightly raised the cap of "Lightweight" titles to open up the pool of eligible workers.
- Made all referees "Referee [Name]" because I like that naming style.
- Put some Starting Injuries in because there's only 2, for fun. Made some Starting Absences for fun.
- Various minor changes

- Made some changes to contracts in NOTBPW and CGC to save them some money by simply making non-wrestlers be a Per Show deals, basically.
- Gave every set-to-debut worker 50 Reputation because they all had 0, which is incorrect.
- Changed some set-to-debut workers that were outliers in age to debut earlier, and gave them some Experience. Pretty much everyone I changed had old outdated debut date data.
- Fixed Shawn Gonzales and Nemesis not being sexy.  
- Changed Total Mayhem matchtype Min Size so TCW can actually do the match.
- Fixed APW, UEW, 5S, GCG, WLW, MPHW, and OLLIE popularity.
- Various minor changes.

1.7B

- Fixed dead 2020 wrestlers from having 0 SQ

- Used 2016 CVerse 10 data by Pyroman and the 2016 data for...
- Balancing Backstage environments separately, in a way that keeps the spirit of CV10, while also providing a wide range of different Personality types... hopefully...  and putting Positive and Negative Personalities on unemployed workers in the game world.
- Changed my tune on every worker having a Personality Attribute because I realized there's not too many noticeably "mid" Personalities in the game, and the ones that are are pretty specific, so I deleted a handful on a case by case basis when balancing the other stuff. For example, I used Quiet as a "mid" personality, neither Positive or Negative, which made sense to me at the time, but the worker stays away from backstage nonsense, which doesn't seem that optimal, so I now use Quiet on those that I actually imagine actively stay out of backstage incidents.
- Added Gimmick Attributes when I noticed they were missing.
- Created "Disturbed" alter ego for Stretch the Chicken Boy, and removed the image from being used in Free Pictures on a random generated worker. This is just for the player-- there's next to zero chance OLLIE would ever hire him.
- Changed Ultra Atlantis's masked picture to a Free Picture that looks more like his original mask, and removed the image from being used in Free Pictures.
- Removed pesky Hatred relationships, that haven't happened yet in canon, that were affecting backstage environments.
- Added some old Narratives
- Put Charity Sweet and Crusher Von Steinberg into the game world.
- Added Unable To Wrestle Again to retired wrestlers that made sense, and those that undoubtedly have the Attribute missing, and sprinkled in a couple Can't Stay Away's for fun.
- Put some Talent Spotters (Willing to put over young workers) in the database, as there was only 1, Dan Stone (Sr), and I think it's a cool Attribute if used sparingly, especially in a game world with tons of new debuts coming in.

- EVERY worker now has Attributes. (166 workers fixed from 1.5.)
- EVERY worker has a Personality Attribute.
- Changed many Personalities trying to make Professional not the far and away most populated Personality.
- Filled in Attributes of notable wrestlers that don't have many.
- More Negative and Positive Influences based on 2016 data.
- Normalized the heights of all workers, mostly women. (5'5 was far and away the most populated height for female workers. It still is-- but much less.)
- Changed Intrepid to Aaron Knight, because it just bothered me. (There's an alter ego with a 50% chance when he debuts)
- Added a short Hiatus for Boss Man Brayfield from information in 2016 bio.
- Slight tweaking of stats again.
- Various minor changes

- Huge rework of every stat in the game so there's an even distribution of quality and balance throughout the game world.
- Changed some Event Importance to create tentpole events, based on 2016 data.
- Lowered some Minimum Requirements of Broadcast Deals after being kicked off TV in a save :(
- Searched for "amateur" in 2022 CVerse for mentions of amateur wrestlers, and added the new Attribute based off those.
- Added Gymnastic Background for people that have that info in their bio in CVerse 22.
- Added more PGHW and BHOTWG Tour shows and changed their schedules a bit.
- Various minor changes.

Edited by BrokenCycle
New version
  • Like 11

CV10 is where the game really shifts in my opinion. If memory serves thats when a lot of the more fun gimmicks change. Its where The Force tag team lose their names, I think where a lot of the characters take on more serious gimmicks. Maybe more importantly or just as importantly as that is USPW becomes a legit threat. They poach Engyma sparking the start of the war between SWF/USPW. They bolster their women's roster with Raven and Belle.  Tyson Baine jumps ship. You have Bruce the Giant barely hanging on in USPW with the likes of Rex or Jumbo likely waiting in the wings for a big money program with him. 

TCW is going through money problems sparking the release of Baine. Sam Keith after heading to TCW in 08 to be part of the Syndicate injuries have caught up to him and he's winding down. RDJ main evented Total Mayhem with Joey Minnesota against Keith and Cornell winning that match but again he's been with TCW/HGC for 13 years now. Edd Stone joins. Minnesota is moving up the card. Wolf Hawkins looks like the heir apparent to Cornell. So although TCW is struggling money wise they have some valuable and talented aging stars and some very good young talent to take over. 

I could go on but CV10 was for sure a turning moment in the games universe. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Nightshadeex said:

This is awesome that we're all getting these set up. It would take a conformation of pictures, but if we all do a nice job, I can see Adam incorporating all the legacy C-Verse mods into the base game.

It would be nice to catch up on all the C-Vers since it started in 2005. I was planning to buy the 2010 version, but then the 2013 version was about to be released, so I waited. Consequently, I missed a few years of world events.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Nightshadeex said:

This is awesome that we're all getting these set up. It would take a conformation of pictures, but if we all do a nice job, I can see Adam incorporating all the legacy C-Verse mods into the base game.

It took me two days to completely port over all the new pictures. So many missing alts and name changes. 😆

Edited by BrokenCycle

Only got into the game in 2020, though I played the 1997 mod to death. I'm not sure how I'm gonna play a save in all of them but once I'm more settled in the game I'm really excited to look through the older, but still mostly canonical, versions of the C-Verse. 

I think I can release this weekend. I'm doing some testing right now to see how the game world evolves in long saves, and how finances are working in short sims. Things keep popping up on what I feel can be improved upon and tidied up.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stennick said:

How are contracts and financing working for the 2010 save? Is Canada bleeding money due to their large contracts? 

I just lowered the Stones' popularity (and then DeColts', in comparison) for a buffer. It saved the Stones about $200,000

I thought it would be fun to make the Stones only promote shows in their home region, but it was a complete disaster and they went out of business in 2013, and I had to fix it. I think the mod is ready to release but I have to check that out again.

Posted (edited)

Oh yeah. I actually went through all this when I was making the mod into the 2020 version.

I actually ended up asking Derek for help. There's a lot of different factors with finances beyond contracts. I would recommend looking at every other avenue of the finances, too, such as Production, Merchandise, and stupid things like Training Facilities. I solved a promotion's finance issues by cranking up their Broadcaster Splits, for example.

Edited by BrokenCycle

• BrokenCycle changed the title to [RELEASE] CVerse 2010! (Updated 8-12-24)

It looks like there are 300 or so missing workers compared to the default data. Do you happen to have a list of who was left off? 

I'm getting an error 3077 when I try to start this mod. Just this mod. 

Edited by Stennick

Posted (edited)

They're not missing... all their names were changed over the course of 15 years-- they're the same person. If you're talking about the new workers from 2020 to TWIX, I didn't include them. There's like 900 debuting wrestlers in the mod already.

And the mod works for me on two fresh installs on two TEW folders and like several tests on different avatars. Dunno what's up.

Edited by BrokenCycle

New release just dropped.

- Changed the debut dates of all set-to-debut workers to fall on random dates in their debut month, instead of dumping all workers on the first day of the month. (Except for Kip Keenan, Masked Patriot, Razan Okamoto, and Foxxy LaRue.)
- Added Title descriptions from the '20 Default database, and changed any instances of "was" to "is," and removed references to future lore. There may be some that got through.
- Added missing Events from some smaller promotions, organized all Events from the biggest companies so they avoid each other somewhat (USPW and TCW events were on the same weekend, for example), and made all Tour schedules a bit more organized and consistent, while still keeping them feeling unique from month to month.
- Made USPW Production settings a bit better to fit their position in the game world. Also lowered USPW's TV minimum quality because running that company is hard (skill issue).
- Changed Fumihiro Ota's '22 unmasked picture to a Free Picture so he looks like a Ninja, and removed that Free Picture from being used on random generated wrestlers. Did the same for American Patriot and Ultra Atlantis pictures.
- Made SOTBPW Feliz Navidad a two night event on Christmas Eve and Christmas, for fun.
- Made my own BSC events for fun.
- Added a Black Friday show after USPW Thanksgiving Thunder, meant to be an untelevised Throwaway show, for fun.
- Changed some events that were set to Numeral Postfix, that were imported from the '22 database, to their 2010 number.
- Gave Tamara McFly a Career Goal of "To Wrestle" so she hates her life decisions in BSC. I don't even know what Career Goals actually do though, not gonna lie.
- Added the DAVE 30 Years of Hardcore, created a 20 Years of Hardcore to take place in 2012, and added the Wrestle Peace Festival.
- Made MAW 16 popularity, rather than 17, to make them Insignificant size, purely because the player has to hire 4 workers at Insifigicant, rather than 9 at Tiny, if they play with Minimum Rosters on.
- Gave BSC some money.
- Did some further balancing to save the top Canadian companies. "20 Years of TEW"

• Like 1

• BrokenCycle changed the title to [RELEASE] CVerse 2010! (Updated 8-17-24)

This is great, thank you for your hard work

I did notice a few stuff in Oceania that needs fixing

Relationships and Attributes that need removing

Alexander Banks hostile towards Sean Quartermainne happens between 2016 - 2020
Alyx Macquarie hostile towards Cole Taylor happens between 2016 - 2020
Blake Belushi Hatred of James J McMinister happens between 2010 - 2013
Blaze Maximum former Steroid happens between 2016 - 2020
Cole Taylor hostile towards Sean Quartermainne, Spiffy Stan Standish & James J McMinister happens between 2016 - 2020
Dumfrey Pinn troublesome knee happens between 2016 - 2020
Echo Troublesome neck happens between 2016 - 2020
James J McMinister hostile towards Rick Stantz happens between 2010 - 2013
Monday Next hostile towards Vincent Victory happens between 2016 - 2020
Rod Sullivan Troublesome Knee happens between 2016 - 2020
Vaughan history of concussions, unable to wrestle & hatred towards Gyula Lakatos happens between 2016 - 2020
The Void History of Concussions happens between 2016 - 2020

Matty Wills like family Brodie Lachlan happens between 2016 - 2020

Tag Team experience that needs changing
Gods Gift, Heath & Horton, The A Listers, Raw Giants & Barracudas, have 100 experience formed 2009
The Bat Man & The Drifters have 50 experience formed 2006
The Duo have 100 experience formed 2007
The Mercs have 52 experience formed 2009
Wilkes & Lydecker have 29 experience formed 2017
The Affliction have 50 experience formed 2009
The Hired Guns have 92 experience formed 2010
The S&M Connection have 75 experience formed 2002
And some missing tag team finishers

Delbert DeGeorge Bio says he has left DIW

James J McMinister Bio says he has opened APW

I hope I explained this well enough if not I'm happy to clarify

thanks again for all your hard work

Edited by Satyr24
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Based on @Satyr24's incredibly specific list of stuff to fix in Oceania, I have worked on most post-2010 tag teams in the database, removed all the Unable to Wrestle Attributes, and will be fixing some of the relationships that got through from 2020 that don't make sense. I have also added some Attributes for flavor here and there, and added Attributes to the most well-known workers in the database that do not have any Attributes, like Shawn Gonzales and Nemesis. Stay tuned!

Edited by BrokenCycle

• BrokenCycle changed the title to [RELEASE] CVerse 2010! (Updated 8-20-24)

- Added MANY Attributes for fun and flavor to the game world.
- Fixed the Experience on all tag teams that start after 2010 by making most of them Inactive, and giving some of the most well known teams some Experience.
- Fixed Oceania stuff because Satyr was nice enough to make a list.
- Removed Unable To Wrestle Again from the wrestlers that have the Attribute. (I don't believe if affects anything if they're not retired, but it makes more sense.)
- Added No Sense of Humor attribute to all workers with the No Comedy Matches Attribute. Basically the angle version for Comedy matches.
- Then added Poor Comedic Timing to Poor Comedy Match workers, Good Comedic Timing to Comedy Match Workers, and Funny Bones to Noted Comedy Match workers.
- Added Attributes to well-known workers that did not have any (in 2020).
- Edited some 2020 Relationships that don't make much sense in 2010.
- Fixed the date of Black Friday Clash, a USPW show after Thanksgiving Thunder, preventing USPW from replacing Thanksgiving Thunder with Black Friday Clash, because they fall on the same day in 2010 only. Whoops.  
- Fixed Feliz Navidad being a two parter, which made three events actually. Whoops.

• Like 2

• BrokenCycle changed the title to [RELEASE] CVerse 2010! (Updated 8-24-24)

Small update today

- Added a bit more Attributes to workers.
- Changed NOTBPW's product back to Pseudo Sport because I didn't notice how important storylines were in the Calgary Realism product. Respectful Wrestling is also a good alternative.
- Boosted RIPW Head Booker Professor Nero's Booking skill to 2013 numbers (he had 0), and peeked around to see if anyone else had the same issues.
- Changed some pictures to alts I didn't know existed (Masked Hisato, masked Dark Eagle, found Ota's ninja alt, workers with shirts off, and so on).

• BrokenCycle changed the title to [RELEASE] CVerse 2010! (Updated 8-27-24)

This next version I focused on putting more people into the game world quicker.

- Moved every 2010 set-to-debut worker up a month to get more workers in the game world quicker, while also shoving more people into January. Graduates still debut and sign on their debut date, even if their set Graduate date is later. (I'm not changing Graduate dates...) January used to have like 6 debuts, now it has more than 30 in the first week for more options when hiring.
- Created my own Tour shows for Warrior Engine.
- Various minor changes.

• Like 1