[RELEASE] CVerse 2010! (Version 1.9 Updated 9-15-24)

20 hours ago, 619 said:

Thanks so much for making this mod. It's great to revisit the game world as I first knew it and it's clear a lot of effort has gone into recreating it so faithfully while trying to balance skills, attributes, finances and everything.

I love the idea of replaying DIW from close to day one and creating an alternate history. The issue I'm encountering in playing around is that Dumfrey Pinn, Menace To Sobriety, Scottie Hamstead, Tombstone and Warmonger always seem to get poached in the first week of the save. I think if it happened with one or two guys, it could still make for a fun scenario "What if DIW lost Dumfrey Pinn and Scottie Hamstead right at the start?", but not getting to work with a third of the launch roster feels a bit too immersion breaking.

None of which is meant as a criticism of the mod or to suggest anything needs to be changed as I figure it may just be an unavoidable issue in terms of the TEW IX AI being more predatory and the game seeing those guys as too good for DIW. I was more curious what people think is the best workaround for playing a DIW save on this data? I'm guessing perhaps you'd just have to edit the DIW originals to have unrealistic contracts (unbreakable contracts for at least a year at a rate that would be affordable for such a small company) and treat it as more of a short-term sandbox save?

I remember that was the case with TEW 2013 the first month you would lose 4 workers Dumfrey, Warmonger, and 2 others it's just part of being at war with 2 bigger companies....... 

War....... War never changes

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 5:25 PM, 619 said:

Thanks so much for making this mod. It's great to revisit the game world as I first knew it and it's clear a lot of effort has gone into recreating it so faithfully while trying to balance skills, attributes, finances and everything.

I love the idea of replaying DIW from close to day one and creating an alternate history. The issue I'm encountering in playing around is that Dumfrey Pinn, Menace To Sobriety, Scottie Hamstead, Tombstone and Warmonger always seem to get poached in the first week of the save. I think if it happened with one or two guys, it could still make for a fun scenario "What if DIW lost Dumfrey Pinn and Scottie Hamstead right at the start?", but not getting to work with a third of the launch roster feels a bit too immersion breaking.

None of which is meant as a criticism of the mod or to suggest anything needs to be changed as I figure it may just be an unavoidable issue in terms of the TEW IX AI being more predatory and the game seeing those guys as too good for DIW. I was more curious what people think is the best workaround for playing a DIW save on this data? I'm guessing perhaps you'd just have to edit the DIW originals to have unrealistic contracts (unbreakable contracts for at least a year at a rate that would be affordable for such a small company) and treat it as more of a short-term sandbox save?

Maybe you could edit/ad loyality to a select few workers. I believe the mechanic works also for non japanese promotions.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2024 at 11:25 AM, 619 said:

I was more curious what people think is the best workaround for playing a DIW save on this data? I'm guessing perhaps you'd just have to edit the DIW originals to have unrealistic contracts (unbreakable contracts for at least a year at a rate that would be affordable for such a small company) and treat it as more of a short-term sandbox save?

12 hours ago, Satyr24 said:

I remember that was the case with TEW 2013 the first month you would lose 4 workers Dumfrey, Warmonger, and 2 others it's just part of being at war with 2 bigger companies....... 

War....... War never changes

The issue you see here is less the war and more that roster sizes for small-medium companies have increased dramatically since TEW 2010. If you look in the editor, RAW starts off 8 workers undersized, and APW starts off 11 workers undersized (For example, in TEW 2010, RAW has an expected size of 24-30 wrestlers, whereas in the IX version of the database, they have an expected size of 36-43 wrestlers. And in both cases, they actually have 28 wrestlers). So naturally, they try to hire.

If you want to get around this, you'll need to either a) Reduce the companies' sizes, b) Add more workers to their rosters, or c) Change the owner preferences. Possibly all three.

Edited by Thane of Fife
  • Like 1

• BrokenCycle changed the title to [RELEASE] CVerse 2010! (Version 1.8 Updated 9-11-24)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/72ud9gk7s7ieens/CV10_TWIX_v1_08.rar/file

- Made some changes to contracts in NOTBPW and CGC to save them some money by simply making non-wrestlers be a Per Show deals, basically.
- Gave every set-to-debut worker 50 Reputation because they all had 0, which is incorrect.
- Changed some set-to-debut workers that were outliers in age to debut earlier, and gave them some Experience. Pretty much everyone I changed had old outdated debut date data.
- Fixed Shawn Gonzales and Nemesis not being sexy.  
- Changed Total Mayhem matchtype Min Size so TCW can actually do the match.
- Fixed APW, UEW, 5S, GCG, WLW, MPHW, and OLLIE popularity.
- Various minor changes.

• Like 1

• BrokenCycle changed the title to [RELEASE] CVerse 2010! (Version 1.9 Updated 9-15-24)

Download:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ocm8b3t3osud9vb/CV10_TWIX_v1_09.rar/file

- For my own entertainment, created a 15% chance Narrative to take place between [Nov 2018] and [Nov 2024] where Alicia Strong gets into politics. Her name changes to her (non-canon, totally made up) real name of Leisha Armstrong and gains the Political Interest Attribute.
- For my own entertainment, created a 15% chance Narrative where Gorgon has plastic surgery to boost her Sex Appeal and Star Quality in 2012.
- For my own entertainment, created a 5% chance Narrative where Magnum Kobe's single can be a smash hit, and gain the Famous Musician Attribute.
- Created my own "Company Turns [milestone number]" Narratives
- Created my own 2009 Award Narratives.
- Made Rip Chord Invitational news story Narrative happen every year until 2024
- Created my own injury update Narratives for Yoshimi Mushashibo and Madman Boone.
- Changed some heights of the heaviest individuals because they were converted as very tall in '22.
- Changed Duane Stone's height and weight to make him a "Lightweight" in BHOTWG. (And for lore purposes, I kinda like the idea that he's not as popular as his brothers because he's a short king)  
- Same for Dagger in ACPW.
- Same for Nichiren Amagawa and Magnum Kobe in WLW.
- Same for Gonzalo Rubio, Mexican Ghoul, Pablo Rodriguez, Pirate Malvado, and Vincente Romero in SOTBPW.  
- And then slightly raised the cap of "Lightweight" titles to open up the pool of eligible workers.
- Made all referees "Referee [Name]" because I like that naming style.
- Put some Starting Injuries in because there's only 2, for fun. Made some Starting Absences for fun.
- Various minor changes

• Like 4

On 9/15/2024 at 1:07 PM, BrokenCycle said:

Download:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ocm8b3t3osud9vb/CV10_TWIX_v1_09.rar/file

- For my own entertainment, created a 15% chance Narrative to take place between [Nov 2018] and [Nov 2024] where Alicia Strong gets into politics. Her name changes to her (non-canon, totally made up) real name of Leisha Armstrong and gains the Political Interest Attribute.
- For my own entertainment, created a 15% chance Narrative where Gorgon has plastic surgery to boost her Sex Appeal and Star Quality in 2012.
- For my own entertainment, created a 5% chance Narrative where Magnum Kobe's single can be a smash hit, and gain the Famous Musician Attribute.
- Created my own "Company Turns [milestone number]" Narratives
- Created my own 2009 Award Narratives.
- Made Rip Chord Invitational news story Narrative happen every year until 2024
- Created my own injury update Narratives for Yoshimi Mushashibo and Madman Boone.
- Changed some heights of the heaviest individuals because they were converted as very tall in '22.
- Changed Duane Stone's height and weight to make him a "Lightweight" in BHOTWG. (And for lore purposes, I kinda like the idea that he's not as popular as his brothers because he's a short king)  
- Same for Dagger in ACPW.
- Same for Nichiren Amagawa and Magnum Kobe in WLW.
- Same for Gonzalo Rubio, Mexican Ghoul, Pablo Rodriguez, Pirate Malvado, and Vincente Romero in SOTBPW.  
- And then slightly raised the cap of "Lightweight" titles to open up the pool of eligible workers.
- Made all referees "Referee [Name]" because I like that naming style.
- Put some Starting Injuries in because there's only 2, for fun. Made some Starting Absences for fun.
- Various minor changes

if you view the '77 mod as cannon then her shoot last name would be Stragavelli lol

• Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 2:34 PM, BrokenCycle said:

I have also noticed that I should check out how Junior/Cruiserweight titles and divisions were converted, when I noticed the TCW All Action title is set to 265 pounds. Whoops. 

That weight limit is in the default data, same with the NOTBPW Unlimited Action title. I assume they were created to be more "X-Division" *It's not about weight limits, it's about no limits*