Freeware Worker Resource for Real World Modders

Hi all,

I've attached a database of 12,545 real world workers from Cagematch. However these are essentially just shells of workers, they contain the worker's name, Date of Birth, Height and Weight. The idea being that anyone working on a mod can import the workers they want to work on and then edit them either in the editor or the external editor. My hope is essentially that this will support real world modders (though fictional modders might find the excel workers sheet useful) who want to mainly use external editing, to have a shell of a worker there to import into (since you can't create new workers solely with the external editor) and also save you a bit of time grabbing height/weight/DOB information for workers. I would highly advise being selective about who you import into your mods, a mod that uses 12000 workers isn't a good idea for a wide variety of reasons 😅

Workers will in no way be usable right from being imported, you'll need to look at everything except height/weight/DOB! I'd also recommend using it in conjunction with the great work Astil is doing to pull additional data (have provided a link to that at the bottom of the page).

The data includes workers who have a height, weight and DOB on Cagematch and excludes anyone who doesn't, so I'm sure there will be notable missing workers, I don't intend to put out any updates but welcome anyone who wants to run with this sharing whatever data they manage to add to the database and allowing it to be used to help other modders. There may also be issues where there are more than 1 worker who share a ring name so I would use this with caution and understanding that whilst this might save you a little bit of time at best that's all it's going to do.

I've also included a copy of the external editor file the game generates from the database and an excel file of the workers table having done my best to add appropriate data validation dropdowns to it. This is free to use, experiment with, reupload in whatever format you see fit or for use in your mod.

Download

FWR.zip

Database...
Screenshot 2024-08-06 140449.png

Excel Sheet Dropdowns...
Screenshot 2024-08-06 134716.png
Screenshot 2024-08-06 134107.png

Plugging Astil's real world general info which may prove useful for additional data not included in this database. And a big thanks to Astil for a discord post that triggered my interest in doing this.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Looks nice!

I would like to ask for a version with workers which do not have enough info too.

Additionally, a bit more extended version could also cover the wrestlers nationality and location, basing it on wrestlers birthplace. And if people would find out somehing is wrong, they would inform to fix. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Foryst said:

Looks nice!

I would like to ask for a version with workers which do not have enough info too.

Additionally, a bit more extended version could also cover the wrestlers nationality and location, basing it on wrestlers birthplace. And if people would find out somehing is wrong, they would inform to fix. 🤔

I won’t be providing either of those (may be able to get you an excel sheet that contains the data for the former, leave that with me). As I say people are free to build on this so if you wanted to add in nationalities and locations and upload then please feel free to, but to be clear I’m not going to touch the database again myself 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foryst said:

CageMatch Data for TEW.xlsx

This is the data (just an excel file) including workers who had Height, Weight and/or DOB data missing and the ones who are in the database. As I say if anyone wants to update the database with additional workers and information please do, would encourage anyone who does to share it with the rest of the community.

This is good, but my main criticism would be the use of one site, Cagematch is good but is still flawed, while cleaning my database, while I do primarily use Cagematch I have noticed some issues information is compared to WrestlingData, Wikipedia and LuchaWiki, Cagematch tends to be the inconsistent one.

29 minutes ago, SkyCrasher said:

Yeah but the thing is Cagematch can be scraped but wikis can't

Can vouch for Luchawiki tho, it's amazing

This was done using RPA so all recreating front end human actions just faster and without a person needing to be there. Someone with the tools, time and inclination probably could gather the data from those sites with RPA software without it taking too long to run. It would be a more time consuming build than it is with CageMatch but it's achievable. I don't have the inclination to do it though, fictional universes are very much my area of interest.

37 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

This is good, but my main criticism would be the use of one site, Cagematch is good but is still flawed, while cleaning my database, while I do primarily use Cagematch I have noticed some issues information is compared to WrestlingData, Wikipedia and LuchaWiki, Cagematch tends to be the inconsistent one.

Absolutely people who are concerned with their mod's accuracy should not just rely on this, it's just a starting off point for modders. Please do external edit any more data you gather back into the database and upload if you'd like so others can benefit from it 👍

3 minutes ago, Markw said:

Absolutely people who are concerned with their mod's accuracy should not just rely on this, it's just a starting off point for modders. Please do external edit any more data information you gather back into the database and upload if you'd like so others can benefit from it 👍

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, this is handy, and I'm not one for ultimate accuracy, I'm more in the boat of, if I need to do this, I want to do it once and be done with it, I don't want to be hunting to correct it after doing it.

This is a good starting point, but I'd still want to go through and check it.