in the era of 4k monitors we get a game with miniscule text and 1080p

13 hours ago, daspindocta said:

Can we move on from this already?

Is a big issue that affects a lot of people's ability to play, much less enjoy, the game. So, no, there's no moving on until it's either fixed or the people complaining about it realize the developer doesn't care about the issue and give up on the franchise.

• Like 10
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, FankuKaibutsu said:

Is a big issue that affects a lot of people's ability to play, much less enjoy, the game. So, no, there's no moving on until it's either fixed or the people complaining about it realize the developer doesn't care about the issue and give up on the franchise.

Yeah uh I don’t think that’s going to happen

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheWorldIsOurs13 said:

Yeah uh I don’t think that’s going to happen

Your username got an early 2000's* New Jersey metalcore song stuck in my head.  That's my official stance on this threads key issue.  

Edited by elmiticomark
  • Haha 3

I won't get into the rest of the "debate", but I don't see a world where the text is "miniscule". I'm using a 4K monitor myself, and everything is perfectly readable. I personally don't see the need for a fullscreen mode in a game like this, though I understand that others might see that differently, but the text allegedly being hard to read sounds like a you issue. It's as big as the standard size text in Windows, so if you can read that, you should be able to read the text in the game. And if you can't, you should probably change the scale in your display settings, which will also make your game larger, thus fixing your original issue.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Clairo said:

I won't get into the rest of the "debate", but I don't see a world where the text is "miniscule". I'm using a 4K monitor myself, and everything is perfectly readable. I personally don't see the need for a fullscreen mode in a game like this, though I understand that others might see that differently, but the text allegedly being hard to read sounds like a you issue. It's as big as the standard size text in Windows, so if you can read that, you should be able to read the text in the game. And if you can't, you should probably change the scale in your display settings, which will also make your game larger, thus fixing your original issue.

yeah, no. im not adjusting the DPI for my entire desktop to accomodate an ancient codebase.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Prioritize fixing important things it's not in the developers head IMO. That's why I'm not buying the new game until at least some of the most basic things get fixed (UI, easier gameplay, resolution, CVerse women's and unemployed workers, new pictures in the style of the older ones or at least another option to realistic...)

Edited by newbiezness
  • Confused 5

I think at this point it's clear that some people care about resolution. It's also clear that changing the resolution wasn't part of this game's road map. So making a thread like this is really just clogging up the board.

Edited by d12345
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

I'm assuming this is just a feedback post and I'll add that it's a little distracting having half my desktop or whatever is in the background showing while I'm trying to play the game. Wasn't really a problem in the past as I didn't have a large high resolution monitor but it's something that I personally would like addressed when we get another game (in 4 years?) Not going to stop me playing the series now though. Just dropping my two cents.

• Like 3

On 8/14/2024 at 2:15 PM, FankuKaibutsu said:

Respectfully, there is moving on from it.

It's been stated multiple times why it's the way it is, and it's been discussed that much that I believe even my dead grandparents have had their say on the matter.

Everyones given their opinion.  It isn't changing.  Time to drop it - whether that means you drop the point or the the franchise, well, that's your choice.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I'm generally a lurker but I have to speak up. This is not a serious issue. Move on. Or better yet, create your wrestling sim that works exactly how you want it. 

I've been following this franchise since the QBasic days and it is still the best out there. Yes - I'm old lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Surely this isn't THAT egregious? I have never had any issues with it, it isn't meant to be this 4K AAA title. It's a simulator that is predominantly text... could they have resolution stretching? Sure. Is the series losing any points for not having it? No. It's not CoD, it's not a competitive game, it's not something that demands your immediate attention. It's just a text-based simulator.

Anyways I'm here before the thread gets inevitably, and rightfully locked.

• Like 4

I'm new here, and this is my first version. I get why this might not be a big deal to most people. For people like me that have vision impairment, it is a pretty substantial problem. I just can't read the text very well playing at a normal resolution, and it causes the game to give me a headache when I try. What I have been doing is changing my screen resolution every time I play this game, and changing it back when finished. It is a real pain I have to do that, and it really doesn't make sense to me that a feature that is in every game made by even the smallest of game designers games is not included in this game, but I guess it is what it is.

• Like 3

TEW is a super niche game, being niche has it's advantages, like the creator can add tons of tiny new features that you'd never see in a mainstream title. Think of it as a mad scientist approach to game design. 

The downside is the market is small, the investment in learning a new programming language and porting to a new engine needs to be worth it. The other downside is when you move to a new engine you're not going to have every incremental new feature you had in your old engine. Releasing a newer but "lesser" game often leads to mixed results (e.g. The Sims or Paradox games).

It sucks for accessibility but I'd rather play the game with better features and tons of random events than something that looks a little better.

I hope what we're experiencing now is the start of a wrestling boom period as we're more likely to see better versions of TEW if the market gets bigger.

2 hours ago, Idolized said:

How many topics can people make on this?

Right? Even as someone who would also like a larger resolution - it really isn't as big a deal as some people make out by complaining about it. It doesn't change how I play the game, it doesn't affect me in any major way, it's just a minor personal preference. With all due respect to the people saying they won't play the game until it's in a higher resolution my answer would be - okay?

It's a shame that such a small thing (pun intended) is pulling people away from the greatest wrestling promoting sim of all time, but that feels like their loss, and I feel bad for them that something so banal is preventing them playing it. The topic has been covered ad infinitum over the years, I'm sure it's something that Adam and GDS have been and continue to be looked into.

• Like 1

I'm visually impaired and have had issues with seeing the text in 2020. I have to use the PC magnifier and it makes things blurred and glitchy but I have no choice. I was hoping TEW IX would have given more visualUI, accessibility options. I haven't tried the trial due to work but this post does concern me.

Edited by Corey R Taylor
  • Like 3

Personally I appreciate the size of the game window, but I think that's because I shove it to the side of the screen and stick a show, movie, youtube video, whatever in the remaining third and it's nice. I don't have a second monitor so I appreciate being able to throw on something to watch while playing the game too.