Your Underrated C-Verse Workers

Everyone and their Uncle Bob would take a bullet for guys like Ernest Youngman, Logan Wolfsbaine, the Keith boys. KC Glenn, and so on and so forth. But what about some of the more obscure and often overlooked workers in the Cornellverse? Who are some of your personal favorites that you feel don't get nearly enough love or have some sort of sentimental value to you from one of your favorite saves?

Personally, I'll always have a soft spot for Robbie Retro and Danny Fonzarelli. I'm a bit of a sucker for their 70s throwback gimmicks and really like having them as midcard mainstays on my roster while also having the option to take them completely off the rails and turning them into something akin to the Alternate CVerse's crazed cuckold Robbie Retro or TEW2005 Jay Darkness. They are by no means world burners in the ring, but I will never not love using them.

Pretty much the whole old WEXXV roster, excluding the Chaos Demons #1 and #2.

Ryu Kajahara (age 64) was a god back in his prime, so was Larry Wood (53, retired to the woods), Tatsukichi Shichirobei (38, Chaos Khan in BHOTWG), Eiichi Umehara (35), Kinji Akamatsu (38), Hiroshi Morisue (43), Battle Sakata (45), Munemitsu Senmatsu (36, well not underrated I guess since he's in BHOTWG but he used to carry all my saves in earlier TEW games with WEXXV), Taheiji Konoe (35, usually the second best thing to Senmatsu) and Zeshin Makioka (35, amazing talent).

All my heroes are getting old. :(

• Like 1

Rudy Valasquez is a guy that I like a lot. The other two Latino Kings not so much, but they can be useful in trios matches or as foils for Rudy. I like to book Rudy as wanting to break away from the gang, but he keeps getting pulled back in. This lets him move between face and heel, and work singles, tags and trios. He's very versatile and can be a great midcarder even in a big company. I haven't got around to using him in CV2022 yet, so but he was great in 16 and 20.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, elmiticomark said:

Would Fuyuko Higa be a candidate for underrated? 

I feel like she's as close to a universally acclaimed female prospect as anyone but Juliet Balconi.

Eddie Chandler's not a great worker anymore, but he has the Natural Trainer attribute and having him around to train up the kids at TCW has been nice and he's in a moderately useful tag team.

• Like 1

Not sure if he's been universally liked but Masked Stranger for me has been a must-sign utility player for the past 2 TEWs I played. Great fundamentals, high psychology, decent performance skills, and a Giving Performer trait. 

48 minutes ago, Doctor Crunch said:

I feel like she's as close to a universally acclaimed female prospect as anyone but Juliet Balconi.

Eddie Chandler's not a great worker anymore, but he has the Natural Trainer attribute and having him around to train up the kids at TCW has been nice and he's in a moderately useful tag team.

That's definitely fair, for me I had her "underrated" value as maybe kayfabe then in a way; or in the universe.  Her progression over 12 years seems a little slow... but then nature took it's course:

when I posted that she was underrated... 

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.93979129e666dd3f934e5e7f56353a3d.png

and then boom (as well as 13-0-3 for the year so far)

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.ecc0611e904264cc3546253bc2009a50.png

5 hours ago, elmiticomark said:

That's definitely fair, for me I had her "underrated" value as maybe kayfabe then in a way; or in the universe.  Her progression over 12 years seems a little slow... but then nature took it's course:

I think Higa's archetype is that "she's great but her attitude's her downfall".

I think for the US Indy's. Xavier Reckless is as underrated as you can be. Solid stats across the board. Hes falling just short of where youd want in charisma & star quality to be main eventer. But can put up solid matches. If youre a big company and want a vet paired with young guy Id think he would be good.

3 hours ago, MikeSc said:

Roderick Remus and Elliot Thomas.  Nothing better than rock-solid midcard performers.

Great call. In particular I underestimated Roderick because he seems to be the "hanger on" of H2-Whoa, but turns out he is an excellent gauge to use to find out if someone is worth picking up in a dark match, or get a solid match out of basically anyone on the card.

• Like 1

Tana The Mighty. He has a bad reputation for holding back Mighty Mo but he has been a great gatekeeper for me. Gets over by beating guys much less popular and has great pop to give. 

I think he is the kind of guy who is a good hand to a roster. You don't want to sign him but your roster will be much more solid if you have him around 

• Like 1

Absolutely Flawless.

Lance and Kelly Martin.

Everyone goes gaga for most of the other twin tag-teams in the CVerse, but the Martins are really solid workers who never get any love.

OK they're a bit boring, but so where young Greg Guage / Matthew Keith and everyone loved them because of their dad.

The Martins are clearly not on the same level.  But underrated?  100%.

• Like 1

I'm a bit of a fan of "Porkchop" Patterson.  He's a bit raw, but he's got some great performance skills!  Given the right opportunity and the right Head Trainer, he can really make a different in an organization.  He also starts without a contract and is based out of Mid Atlantic.  Worth checking him out at the very least!

4 hours ago, Boltinho said:

Absolutely Flawless.

Lance and Kelly Martin.

Everyone goes gaga for most of the other twin tag-teams in the CVerse, but the Martins are really solid workers who never get any love.

OK they're a bit boring, but so where young Greg Guage / Matthew Keith and everyone loved them because of their dad.

The Martins are clearly not on the same level.  But underrated?  100%.

21CW didn’t offer Kelly a contract extension so I snatched him up in my Alt CVerse TCW save. Lance ended up winning one of the midcard belts in 21CW (can’t remember which one) and it’s incredibly fun booking Kelly as a fabulous chickenshit heel with his own little mini-faction. I also love that he and his brother are able to thrive both together and on their own and such different environments. 

• Like 1

Some of my favorites that haven't been mentioned:

Miller Fforde:

spacer.png

Miller is a solid hand who has been putting on some decent matches at my lower level.  In my last show he got tag chemistry with Shogun Watoga, so I'm looking forward to seeing where that goes.  Isn't very good on the mic, though.

Simony Sentinel:

spacer.png

Another one who has been putting on quietly solid matches at my lower level, she has also been cutting some pretty solid promos.

Tennessee William:

spacer.png

I'm a big Tennessee William guy.  He's a solid brawler with solid psychology.  He's a good influence on the backstage environment, and he has been quietly rising up my tag team rankings in his team with Taheji Konoe (The Exclusives), which seemed like kind of an unlikely pair, but has been working out great.

On 8/16/2024 at 5:56 AM, alpha2117 said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Parvin is one of those 10/10_Every_Save type of workers, I made a critical error starting a DSPW and had to reset, he was almost exactly the same... within 5 months, he was already US mid-sized indie main event good ratings (60's going on 70's)... Sarja and Prince Rupy switch back and forth from the first save to the re-do, though Sensational will always have better mic ratings.  I got bored with the fact that the company is so isolated, but my DSPW world title went Jai--->Rupy (using Royal Court interference and turning Jai afterwards), Parvin for a short while, Sarja and Parvin in chase mode.  Also, Big Time Inc has some Big Time Promise.

• Like 2