[RELEASE] Here Comes The Money - Real World What If? Database May 2001

Posted (edited)

Decided to release a version 1.2. See the main post.

Nothing major, not worth ending your game or anything. Its 99% North American venues. Working on expanding that out a bit then likely focusing on Japan & Mexico venues.

Edited by MrCanada

Made it to October and I am LOVING the mod. I have come to realise that I will struggle massively with broadcasting deals as the majority of the broadcasters have the style 'Mainstream' and my company product does not suit. Not a complaint, more an observation

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 3:01 PM, MrCanada said:

Venues are surprisingly time consuming. It requires finding the venue via results, looking up a corresponding wiki page to get info on it, adding said info, then making narratives to change the names of venues, since that matters to me. I do wish there was an easier "Venue Name" feature directly on the venue page where you could make a whole list of name changes with corresponding dates, but I digress.

Would you like help with venues?  I have time right now, I can do exactly what you are saying and just take a company and go card by card.  I could put them into a google sheet or something so that you can just access it as you go.  I'm happy to do grunt work like that to help free you up for whatever else you want to do, and I'm good at that kind of research and data entry.

Love your mod.  Just really got a chance to dive into the game today, and I am having a lot of fun with what you have done.

• Like 1

Downloaded the mod yesterday and it looks great. The workers and companies that are in there just look like the work was done for them in terms of attention to detail. I do have to point out that the proteges problem that was already mentioned seems universal- Super Delfin is Super Demekin's protege, Tracy Smothers is Chris Hero's protege etc.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, seamrockjones said:

Would you like help with venues?  I have time right now, I can do exactly what you are saying and just take a company and go card by card.  I could put them into a google sheet or something so that you can just access it as you go.  I'm happy to do grunt work like that to help free you up for whatever else you want to do, and I'm good at that kind of research and data entry.

Love your mod.  Just really got a chance to dive into the game today, and I am having a lot of fun with what you have done.

That would be great. I'm fairly particular about certain things

Venue name (need the name it first opened as)
Venue names (any other names it uses and their year range, I dont care really about specific dates, but at least year)
Venue Opening
Venue Closing (if needed)
Capacity (I try to find the wrestling capacity of a building, like if its run a PPV I'll take the largest reported gate from that, or use internet wrestling database which as info. If not I tend to use the basketball capacity over any other. I find concert capacities are often a bit to high as it doesnt account for the ring + stage)
Address
Location (City, State, Country or City, Province, County, or City, Prefecture, Country, ect ect. Sometimes I include a sub neighborhood for larger cities like New York, London, Tokyo, ect)
GEO TAGS: City, Province State / County Region, Province State / Region / then I might put notable other geotags here like "Ohio Valley" or "Delaware Valley"

6 hours ago, AboardTheArk said:

Downloaded the mod yesterday and it looks great. The workers and companies that are in there just look like the work was done for them in terms of attention to detail. I do have to point out that the proteges problem that was already mentioned seems universal- Super Delfin is Super Demekin's protege, Tracy Smothers is Chris Hero's protege etc.

I started playing on version 1.1 and I just checked the 1.2 relationships in the editor and in both of those versions the relationships are the other way round from what you've mentioned. So when you downloaded it yesterday you got it from here right and not another site that might have outdated data or something? As I have no idea why they would be the wrong way round for you.

1 hour ago, MrCanada said:

That would be great. I'm fairly particular about certain things

Venue name (need the name it first opened as)
Venue names (any other names it uses and their year range, I dont care really about specific dates, but at least year)
Venue Opening
Venue Closing (if needed)
Capacity (I try to find the wrestling capacity of a building, like if its run a PPV I'll take the largest reported gate from that, or use internet wrestling database which as info. If not I tend to use the basketball capacity over any other. I find concert capacities are often a bit to high as it doesnt account for the ring + stage)
Address
Location (City, State, Country or City, Province, County, or City, Prefecture, Country, ect ect. Sometimes I include a sub neighborhood for larger cities like New York, London, Tokyo, ect)
GEO TAGS: City, Province State / County Region, Province State / Region / then I might put notable other geotags here like "Ohio Valley" or "Delaware Valley"

Perfect.   Two questions --

1) Where do you want me to start so that we are not covering the same ground?  If you want to tell me where to target, I can, like "get all the arena's ECW/WCW went to in 1999-closing" or "Would be nice to have the smaller companies, see what you can find for RoH in 2001ish."

Or should I just find every arena that was hosting wrestling shows in that era and get it over to you?

Just let me know so that I'm not getting in your way.

2) I can just put it into that format and send it to you in DMs?  That way I'm not editing a file, just sending you the raw data?  Or is there a way you would like me to put it into a random database file and send it over to you, and you can import it?

I've never collaborated on editing a database before, just tinkering on my own, so I don't know the process of sharing data in a way that makes things convenient for you.

2 hours ago, JP317 said:

I started playing on version 1.1 and I just checked the 1.2 relationships in the editor and in both of those versions the relationships are the other way round from what you've mentioned. So when you downloaded it yesterday you got it from here right and not another site that might have outdated data or something? As I have no idea why they would be the wrong way round for you.

Seems like actually the bios mention it wrong and in-game it works out fine. It just needed some more time playing to figure out it works, my bad.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, seamrockjones said:

Perfect.   Two questions --

1) Where do you want me to start so that we are not covering the same ground?  If you want to tell me where to target, I can, like "get all the arena's ECW/WCW went to in 1999-closing" or "Would be nice to have the smaller companies, see what you can find for RoH in 2001ish."

Or should I just find every arena that was hosting wrestling shows in that era and get it over to you?

Just let me know so that I'm not getting in your way.

2) I can just put it into that format and send it to you in DMs?  That way I'm not editing a file, just sending you the raw data?  Or is there a way you would like me to put it into a random database file and send it over to you, and you can import it?

I've never collaborated on editing a database before, just tinkering on my own, so I don't know the process of sharing data in a way that makes things convenient for you.

1) If you want to focus on anything outside North America (japan & Mexico) that would be most helpful right now.

2) whatever you want.

On 8/31/2024 at 4:28 AM, MrCanada said:

1) If you want to focus on anything outside North America (japan & Mexico) that would be most helpful right now.

2) whatever you want.

Cool, I'll get started and send them to you as I go with arenas from japan and mexico in the format you discussed.

On 8/28/2024 at 11:44 PM, MrCanada said:

Decided to release a version 1.2. See the main post.

Nothing major, not worth ending your game or anything. Its 99% North American venues. Working on expanding that out a bit then likely focusing on Japan & Mexico venues.

Not sure if I already offered but in case I didn't - Feel free to use any venues from the 1992 mod. I've researched them thoroughly. Geotags have yet to be put in as that will be the last thing I tackle whilst trying to get the mod off the ground again but it's a starting point for you.

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

Downloaded this and done a week of TV so far (I edited it so WCW immediately started with a TV deal) and I’m enjoying it

cheers for making it 👍 

If and when I get time, I’ll go into detail in regards to roster etc, but I’ve basically decided to sign a bunch of former ECW folk and do an “invasion” angle, and it’s been fun thus far

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Van Dam Daz said:

Downloaded this and done a week of TV so far (I edited it so WCW immediately started with a TV deal) and I’m enjoying it

cheers for making it 👍 

If and when I get time, I’ll go into detail in regards to roster etc, but I’ve basically decided to sign a bunch of former ECW folk and do an “invasion” angle, and it’s been fun thus far

Funny i did the same with the ECW guys but i'm doing a more soft "invasion" 

A question for mister the creator of this database, but does any real workers (as in real-life) come out of the WCW Power Plant ? I don't know irl if the thing kept going or if it became another place but i'm curious on what you decide. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MalikIchiban said:

If you look in the settings and search for ‘Graduates’ you'll be able to see all the wrestlers coming out of each training facility.

So to answer your question, yes, I'm not telling you which ones in case you want to be surprised during your game. 😉

Damn that's awesome to see, great idea !