Ability to Hire Workers who are over the age of 65

Can we up the hiring age before the workers say "Nah I don't want to be hired anymore" or at least add an attribute that allows a worker to be hired no matter their age? I found workers who are usually around the age of 65+ (moreso 66+) refuse to be signed anymore despite being retired but not out of the business. I never understood people being retired and still in the business refusing to be signed due to their age. The system seems flawed because at that point, why not just leave the business if you are refusing to be signed anywhere/

I'm not requesting this feature to have said workers WRESTLE because I can understand Jake Roberts refusing to be signed somewhere to wrestle at the age of 69 but rather I am requesting this feature to be more lax on the age of "I wont work" for positions such as managers, road agents etc.

We all know of plenty of workers who don't give a damn about their age and still continue to work in the business. Ric Flair recently was signed by AEW despite his age, mind you it was mostly as a manager/personality but this is something I would like to do. Jake Roberts was also signed by AEW to be a manager as well despite being over the age of 65. 

I would really like the ability for either the age limit to hire be removed for Out of Ring Roles or at least add an attribute that allows an older wrestler to ignore the age cap so that I can hire these types of people for out of ring roles. Ricky Steamboat was still road agenting for companies well past 65, Flair was still in the business well past 65, The Anoa'i family was signed for a 1 night appearance for Roman, hell Hogan and Jake Roberts as well. I can continue on naming various people throughout the year.

Hopefully people understand where I am coming from and understand this request lol.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Spoons said:

"Wrestling in the Blood" is what you're looking for. They'll never leave the business no matter how old they get. 

No thats not what im looking for. That stops them from leaving the business. This does not prevent them from refusing a contract.

So basically they will remain in the business but still refuse a contract for being too old which is the point of this post.

Edited by BadNewsWashington

I have mixed feelings. On one hand "why, anyway?" given that starting what, age 60-something every worker has a chance to die? I rarely see anyone over the age of 70 unless a database features that type of start with a lot of them, and they all die in the first 2-5 years anyway.

I believe that you have a good suggestion - workers who will never leave the business should be willing to accept contracts.

Edited by thadian

For people over 65, I tend to think they should accept contracts, but only very short term ones. Stuff like Freddie Blassie appearing on TV in 2001 is iconic and irreplaceable, but obviously it was only a one shot appearance. Even Moolah and Mae past a certain point only appeared a couple of weeks in a row. There's definitely a place for performers of that age in the game, and they should be hireable, but only for short term contracts.