Hello! Welcome to the text version of Let's Play TEW. If you aren't aware my name is 2k Nikk or letsplaytew on youtube and I played TEW on twitch or youtube from 2012 to 2021, took a small health hiatus and then came back on my recording partner's channel SwarlesFPR in 2023.

Now that we are acquainted, welcome. Hi. This will not be a video series, so most off that doesn't matter. I wanted to document my long term CZCW save in a very barebones diary style. Don't expect any images. Don't expect more than bullet points for match write ups. Don't expect wacky storylines. Sorry that's not CZCW's thing. Maybe I'll make a dynasty about my USPW save one day if I feel like getting weird with it. I will try to include my notes on the why I completed some booking. When I do I will use // This is my booking thoughts // to show it is not "in world" reasoning. Otherwise I will try to remain in character as everyone's favorite goodboy Cliff Anderson. Lastly, I've played ahead a lot, so I wont be able to implement ideas based on feedback. Sorry! I wasn't really planning on making this a diary until I had played 4 years in.

Table of Contents

Wow Astil, a bit presumptive you'll actually post enough to need one of these huh

Starting Roster

Main Event

• American Flash - Small, fast and flippy American Flash is what haters think the entire roster is. Flash however is extremely skilled and rarely has an off day. 
  • Frankie-boy Fernandes - Possibly our best worker, young and dedicated to the zone. He is the current Coastal Zone Champion. I book him to be a bit more like a SoCal skater than surfer.
  • Frankie Perez - Ass kicker. Very kick and throw heavy offense and grumpy in ring. Currently the COTT Champion.
  • Masked Cougar - Heart and soul of the Zone, jack of all trades master of all trades too wow he's good. He is getting older but still a quality quality worker who can go with any of the main eventers. 

Tag Teams

• California Girls - Former tag champs, the first women in CZCW history to win a title and two personal Nikk favorites. Skye Hermosa is someone who honestly isn't main event level and I always push anyway. Kira Lee is the protégé of the great Joanne Rodriguez and wrestles a lot  like main eventer Frankie Perez. I will probably push them.
  • Gangster Nation - Waylon Walls and Bullseye are both guys who are on borrowed time. To steal and adapt a quote from the great DBZA I liked that team better when it was called The Inner City Express and I liked that team better when it was called Notorious.
  • The Beach Boys - Stereotypical surfer bros. Chet Chavez would be in the 'sad jobber' bucket if not for Simon. Simon Waves is a good worker who could be in the Xtreme Championship race if he wasn't tag champs. Oh yeah they are the tag champs.
  • The Inner City Express - Jay Becker is a talented worker who I could see developing into something over the long term. Malik Cash is certainly the worse of the two but passable for CZCW. The are decorated from up in ACPW and a more grounded team than some of the others.
  • The Wildcats - Tigre Savaje Jr. is an aging luchador who can still bring it in the ring but has expressed interest in slowing down for more backstage roles. El Jaguar is one of our best show stealers, and together the two are still the most visually appealing of CZCW's tag teams.
  • Thunderstruck - Two undercard ladies teaming up to try and jump up the card.  Ellie de Grazia is a speedy little suplex machine and Amy  St. James is a great technician. The styles mix well together and have helped Thunderstruck become a recognizable force in CZCW.

Midcard

• Carlos Barrera - Current Xtreme Champion. A good brawler, Carlos adds a bit of grit to the CZCW roster as well with decent hardcore skills. Now separated from Miguel Rivera so Notorious is no more.
  • Heartbreaker - Bad. Hate. Stinky. Old. Musty.
  • Hugh de Aske - A pirate. He's a pirate. Also he's really dang good in the ring. I wouldn't be surprised if CWA or TCW snatched him up before long. Much like Masked Cougar, Hugh can match any style well.
  • Luis Montero Jr. - Luis is a veteran luchador who is filing in the tradition set by Snap Dragon, Ultimate Phoenix and Pablo Rodriguez of old lucha who rocks. We are lucky to have such a good hand.
  • Juliet Balconi - A good all around wrestler who seems to 'get' wrestling well. She doesn't do anything great but does the little things well. She is also an actress so of course we play that up.
  • Onslaught - The midcards all sizzle no steak. A guy who does fun gifs but the match is kind of dull in the end. I love him, but hard to push him. May need a tag partner.

Young and Moldable

• Air Raid Syren, Altitude, Eureka LaBelle, Fox Mask II, Komodo Dragon, Swipe Romero, Tony DeWonderful, Viento Negro, Zel Quinn

Sad Jobbers

• California Love Machine - Still serviceable at least but passed up on the roster by so many people now.
  • Cillian Catsby - Probably a better commentator than wrestler. 
  • Jonnie Perez - He's more broken than a first edition xbox 360. Jonnie is ... okay in ring but would be fired if he wasn't related to CZCW star Frankie Perez.
  • Miguel Rivera - The bad version of Carlos Barrera Ive never really like him in any game

World Updates 

Oh wow Astil two table of contents you spoil us. 

I plan on doing updates of the game world every 3 months. If you comment I'll try to mention any favs you have.

Edited by Astil
  • Like 2

Predictions

Where you can win 1 Astil Point usable nowhere!
Some limitation apply not valid in Hawaii, Astil is not responsible for any injuries sustained while in possession of Astil Points.

Bonus guess the rating within 5 and get a bonus point! Get it spot on get 2 bonus points.

CZCW Revolution 2022

Frankie-Boy Fernandes [c] vs Masked Cougar for the Coastal Zone Championship. Rating: [    ]
Frankie Perez [c] vs A MYSTERY OPPONENT AND FORMER WORLD CHAMPION for the COTT World Heavyweight Championship Rating: [    ]
The Beach Boys [c] vs Thunderstruck for the Coastal Zone Tag Team Championship. Rating: [    ]
Carlos Barrera [c] vs Onslaught for the Coastal Zone Xtreme Championship. Rating: [    ]
American Flash vs Tigre Savaje Jr. in a Number One Contenders Match Rating: [    ]
Gangster Nation vs The Inner City Express in a Number One Contenders Match Rating: [    ]
El Jaguar vs Luis Montero Jr. Rating: [    ]

Show Rating: [    ]

• Like 1

Frankie-Boy Fernandes [c] vs Masked Cougar for the Coastal Zone Championship. Rating: [70]

Frankie Perez [c] vs A MYSTERY OPPONENT AND FORMER WORLD CHAMPION for the COTT World Heavyweight Championship Rating: [65] Not many active former champs lol gotta be Tennessee William I suppose

The Beach Boys [c] vs Thunderstruck for the Coastal Zone Tag Team Championship. Rating: [54]

Carlos Barrera [c] vs Onslaught for the Coastal Zone Xtreme Championship. Rating: [57]

American Flash vs Tigre Savaje Jr. in a Number One Contenders Match Rating: [62]

Gangster Nation vs The Inner City Express in a Number One Contenders Match Rating: [54]

El Jaguar vs Luis Montero Jr. Rating: [52]

Show Rating: [62]

From the Notebook of Cliff Anderson

CZCW Revolution
In front of 1,897 Zoners in Anaheim California!

Held some pre show matches for the fans who came out early and to get the roster some reps. Only important thing to come out of them was California Dreams getting a win and a nice crowd reaction as well.

Now I have a formula, and because my creativity is for wrestling and not names I just call it the Cliff formula. It goes Xtreme - Tag - Singles - Tag Champions - intermission - Main Event Matches. //Yes I know intermission doesn't exist in game I am taking creative liberties//. I of course did not follow my formula and I do think the show suffered a bit for it. Ah well. 

First saw Onslaught take on Carlos Barrera. Carlos is really coming into his own, and was able to make Onslaught look like a viable challenger from the word go. Onslaught stood no chance of course as this was a nice win for Barrera to further cement this reign. 54

Next I did a match we billed as a 'Hot in the Streets Match'. Was it any different then our normal lax rules tag matches? No not really. The Inner City Express lost to Gangster Nation in a forgettable scrap. Walls made some belt motions as he  left, priming the crowd for a potential tag title match for the Nation. 52 

Thunderstruck came out to face The Beach Boys next. Amy and Ellie are right there but the crowd never really bit on them becoming champs. The match didn't really hit my expectations, and maybe that's on me for not building Amy and Ellie's crowd equity up more. 55

Next Frankie Perez comes out representing the COTT as it's champion. He does the whole "I was told I have a surprise challenger well I'm here" thing and some very familiar music hits ... but music never heard in CZCW before.

THE FORCE comes storming out of the back to the ring. He shakes the ropes. He yells. Its great. Frankie still beats him but honestly Jim is difficult about that at all. Guess he figured he wasn't winning the COTT title. Still good fun and Frankie can tell his grandkids he beat a USPW Champ some day. 58

After intermission we bring the crowd back for Luis Montero Jr. and El Jaguar and this is where I think I messed up. Coming off the Force surprise and an intermission the buzz of the crowd was kind of gone. The two lucha vets still put on a good match but I do feel I did them a little dirty. Jaguar wins. 55

The crowd was right back for American Flash's entrance though. The Zoners really make it a spectacle every time and it makes it easy to push the kid. //Cliff is in his 60s EVERYONE is a kid// They bang on the guardrail in rhythm of his theme, they yell out "Flash! Oh OOOO!". He faces Tigre Savaje Jr. who may not have as cool an entrance but can still wrestler like a mf'er. These two keep the crowd and really save my bacon pulling the show back from the Montero/Jaguar match. Very high octane fast paced Coastal Zone action, and the crowd lapped it up. American Flash won the match. 62

The main event for the Coastal Zone Championship was the challenger Masked Cougar vs champion Frankie-Boy Fernandes. When I say FBF is the best worker Ive ever worked with in the zone that is not hyperbole. I truly believe Frankie is elevating the Coastal Zone title right now with some of the best matches in Zone history. He has a sense for drama and works so fast and crisp its truly amazing. Cougar is no slouch either and together they create a main event that hopefully will be a foretelling of things to come. Frankie retains and the reign continues. 74

Results:

Fernandes over Cougar - 74
Flash over Tigre - 62
Jaguar over Montero - 55
Perez over Force - 58
Beach Boys over Thunderstruck - 55
Gangster Nation over Inner City Express in a Hot in the Streets Fight - 52
Berrera over Onslaught - 54

OVERALL: 64

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wrestling Machine said:

Frankie-Boy Fernandes [c] vs Masked Cougar for the Coastal Zone Championship. Rating: [70]

Frankie Perez [c] vs A MYSTERY OPPONENT AND FORMER WORLD CHAMPION for the COTT World Heavyweight Championship Rating: [65] Not many active former champs lol gotta be Tennessee William I suppose

The Beach Boys [c] vs Thunderstruck for the Coastal Zone Tag Team Championship. Rating: [54]

Carlos Barrera [c] vs Onslaught for the Coastal Zone Xtreme Championship. Rating: [57]

American Flash vs Tigre Savaje Jr. in a Number One Contenders Match Rating: [62]

Gangster Nation vs The Inner City Express in a Number One Contenders Match Rating: [54]

El Jaguar vs Luis Montero Jr. Rating: [52]

Show Rating: [62]

13 out of a possible 22. Nice work! Hope to see you around again.

• Like 1

CZCW Vendetta

American Flash vs Frankie-boy Fernandes [c] for the Coastal Zone Championship Rating: [    ]
Hugh de Aske vs Masked Cougar Rating: [    ]
Frankie Perez [c] vs Miguel Rivera  WHAT!?! THEY PUT WHO OVER FRANKIE FOR THE BELT!?! WHY WASN'T I CALLED?!? I was? I didn't pick up? Okay that sounds like me...

Once more...

CZCW Vendetta

American Flash vs Frankie-boy Fernandes [c] for the Coastal Zone Championship Rating: [    ]
Hugh de Aske vs Masked Cougar Rating: [    ]
Masked Stranger [c] vs Miguel Rivera for the COTT World Heavyweight Championship Rating: [    ]
Dojo Perez (Frankie Perez, ??? and ???) vs the Mexicali Dreamboats (California Love Machin, Heartbreaker, Luis Montero Jr.)
Gangster Nation vs The Beach Boys [c] for the Coastal Zone Tag Team Rating: [    ]
The California Dreams vs the Wildcats Rating: [    ]
Carlos Barrera vs Ellie de Grazia Rating: [    ]

Show Rating: [    ]

From the Notepad of Cliff Anderson

CZCW Vendetta
In front of 2,128 in Fremont, CA

More preshow stuff really just to test some tag teams out. One team is going to be a staple going forward for sure. 

Carlos Barrera starts the show again with a quick and exciting brawl with Ellie de Grazia. Ellie is a believable striker for being so small, and the snap on her suplexes looks killer. I think the crowd even believed for  a second Ellie had won, but in the end Carlos retains. 63

Next we have a tag match consisting of two former tag team champions the California Dreams and The Wild Cats. I hate to say it because I value what Tigre does to help backstage but this a story of  teams heading in two different directions. Still a good match, but one the Dreams were never in danger of losing in the crowd's mind. 62

This next match was a mistake I never should have  brought over this fraud of a COTT champ I cannot believe they put Masked Stranger over one of our cornerstones. I almost quit the COTT right there, and I was informed I couldn't just give the title back to Frankie. Here. Beat Miguel Rivera. Stupid COTT. 51

I think the last match really pulled the crowd down because boy oh boy were  they not here for Gangster Nation challenging The Beach Boys. The Boys (okay, mostly Simon) did all they could but the crowd went into intermission in a lull. 48

After intermission I introduced a new stable "Dojo Perez". This grouping was Frankie, Jonnie and their ward Cillian Catsby. Real odd couple team of Frankie trying to toughen up the weasely Catsby. They got a win over the veteran trio of CLM, Montero and Heartbreaker in another tepid match. 51

Luckily the last two matches had some of our very best there to win the crowd back. Especially since the crowd loves to sign along with Hugh de Aske's entrance. He's not just an entrance wrestler though Hugh is in demand because he's one of the best bell to bell. Case in point he face Masked Cougar and didn't come out looking like a lesser worker compared to Cougar. Hugh ended up getting a big win which I think came as a surprise to the crowd who were way more hyped for his win than I anticipated. Guess I know who is maining the next show. 65

I've gushed about American Flash and Frankie-boy Fernandes in this notebook a lot (well maybe not as I started a new notebook for 2022) so it should be no surprise I was pumped for this. I think my commentary suffered a bit to be honest as I kind of just became a fan for the back half of  the match. The two pulled every big move  they could and left nothing in the chamber, but in doing so it kind of lagged behind the FBF and Cougar match last month. Still good, but I'll need to coach them up to make sure they keep to the story. 70

Results

Fernandes over Flash - 70 
de Aske over Cougar - 65
Dojo Perez over Montero, Heartbreaker and CLM - 51
Beach Boys over Gangster Nation - 48
Masked Stranger over Miguel Rivera - 51
California Dreams over Wild Cats - 62
Barrera over de Grazia - 63

Overall: 62 

• Like 1

CZCW Uprising

Frankie-boy Fernandes  [c] vs. Hugh de Aske for the Coastal Zone Championship Rating [    ]
American Flash vs Frankie Perez Rating [    ]
The Beach Boys [c] vs The California Dreams for the Coastal Zone Tag Team Championship Rating [    ]
California Love Machine vs Carlos Barrera [c] in an Uprising Match for the Coastal Zone Xtreme Championship //Its just a ladder match// Rating [    ]
Air Raid Syren vs Masked Cougar Rating [    ]
WELCOME MATCH: A new team debuts vs Gangster Nation Rating [    ]

Overall Rating [    ]

From the Desk of Cliff Anderson

CZCW Uprising
In front of 2,360 Zoners in Sacramento, CA

//Write up skipped due to holiday. I may come back and rewrite.//

Results

Fernandes over de Aske - 75
Perez over Flash - 70
Cougar over Syren - 55
California Dreams over Beach Boys - 59 NEW CHAMPS
Zone Out II (Remmy Skye and Fox Mask II) over Gangster Nation - 50
Barrera over CLM - 67

Show Rating - 66

Edited by Astil

//Just waiting on HTML editing access then I may want to try a new format.

Also tomorrows update will not be the show but a world update for the first quarter of 2022.//

CZCW Spring Break Bash

Frankie-boy Fernandes [c] vs Frankie Perez for the Coastal Zone Championship Rating [    ]
California Dreams [c] vs Zone Out II for the Coastal Zone Tag Team Championship Rating [    ]
Carlos Berrera [c] vs Hugh de Aske for the Coast Zone Xtreme Championship Rating [    ]
Spring Fling Match: Cillian Catsby and Jonnie Perez vs El Jaguar and Masked Cougar Rating [    ]
American Flash vs Luis Montero Jr. Rating [    ]
Beach Boys vs Inner City Express Rating [    ]

Overall Rating [    ]

Edited by Astil