(Not Sure if Bug or Not) Alliance Champions Being Used in Non-Title Matches

So the AI keeps bringing the alliance champions into their companies, which is good, that's what they're supposed to do, but sometimes it's not to defend the title, it's just to use them in a match & not put the belt on the line... mostly in a tag or trios match if they're a singles champion, though a few times it's either been that they bring in one member of tag team champions but not the other, or borrow them both and use them on opposite teams (same with trios, apparently, as that second one just happened to me with The Elite. Kenny nowhere to be found, Matt & Nick on opposite sides of the ring on random, ragtag teams).

This whole thing is basically just free alliance loans that they can do on the night-of, and I think it should be a little more restrictive, at least for AI companies, so that doesn't happen, since having an alliance with loans turned off shouldn't have this as a makeshift workaround.

Edited by Spoons

Sometimes it does make sense to use them for a promo or tag, "my buddy the alliance champion" during a feud where the champ's popularity can bump the numbers. I don't really like them just using the feature to "inflate" their roster for a show and not even use the goods they just paid for to their maximum.

Posted (edited)
On 8/29/2024 at 7:03 AM, thadian said:

Sometimes it does make sense to use them for a promo or tag, "my buddy the alliance champion" during a feud where the champ's popularity can bump the numbers. I don't really like them just using the feature to "inflate" their roster for a show and not even use the goods they just paid for to their maximum.

Yeah. I think it happening sometimes is fine, especially with really big names, but it happens more often than I would like, personally, and it happens with all kinds of champions, even ones where it's not them elevating the belt, but the other way around, like if a person with 30 popularity has a 60 pop title. Better put 'em in a random trios match! 

Some people also have it happen more often than others, for some reason. Like, one guy, I just checked, has had 7 alliance-loaned matches since he won the title. 3 of them were title defenses, the other 4 were just random multi-person matches on whatever show he was on. That is a disproportionate amount of those in favour of non-title matches.

Edited by Spoons

It wouldn't even bother me if the game let an A vs B with C storyline, where C is a different company worker (alliance champion, alliance loan, company relationship loan), and uses that worker in a few Angles and Matches to simulate involvement in the rivalry. As is, you can set the borrowed worker into an angle//storyline, use them in a hot angle to add to the storyline heat, give them the match fresh off the angle. The AI doesn't really do that.

Update: Yeah, this is also breaking up the teams & making me unable to defend the titles on my own guys. The trios champions are The Elite (Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks), and very often, only Nick Jackson is being borrowed. Or just Kenny & Matt, used in separate teams. It's really weird.