The Rise (Again) of a Phenom(inal) Deadman

Mark Callaway is currently in college and after growing up watching WCCW on television decided that he would like to persue professional wrestling as a career. Mark at the time was also on the school's basketball team and the coach wanted him to make a more dedicated commitment to the team and quit wrestling. Mark, feeling that he had to make a choice, dropped from the basketball team and continue his wrestling training. Here are his skills ratings at this time: [b]Rumble skills[/b]: Brawling: E Power: B+ Strong style: F Hardcore: D MMA: F [b]Technical skills[/b]: Mat Wrestling: F Chain Wrestling: F Submissions: F Aerial: F Flashiness: F [b]Entertainment skills[/b]: Microphone: E Charisma: C- Acting: D Looks: B+ Star quality: B+ [b]Performance skills[/b]: Basics: D Psychology: D Safety: E Consistency: D Selling: D [b]Physical skills[/b]: Athleticism: C+ Toughness: B Stamina: D [b]Backstage skills[/b]: Business: F Booking: F Respect: F [b]Other skills[/b]: Intensity: C Stiffness: C+ Resilience: B Menace: B Refereeing: F Spirit: D As you can see, he is just a raw talent that needs to improve in many different skills.

In the beginning... Due to having to decide between basketball and wrestling, I have decided to quit the basketball team. The coach told me that I probably could have had a promising professional basketball career but I love wrestling too much in order to continue my training. I have a part-time job as a bouncer at a bar in Arlington, Texas, and I have also decided to leave the college. I am felling bad that I won't be getting my degree but I want to pursue a career in wrestling. I made a phone call to a local wrestling promotion, Houston Championship Wrestling, which is in my hometown.

The Co-stars I will be following all of the title matches in the territories and also the careers of the following workers: Arn Anderson Bob Backlund Bret Hart Buddy Landell Dynamite Kid Hulk Hogan Jake Roberts Jushin "Thunder" Liger Ken Shamrock Mick Foley Nikita Koloff Ric Flair Road Warrior Animal Road Warrior Hawk Robbie Brookside Sabu Superstar Billy Graham The Great Kabuki The Great Muta The Iron Sheik The Spoiler Ultimo Dragon These are wrestlers who either have a dynasty here, or in the WS1 dynasty forum, or are favorites of the readers of my other dynasties. There will be quarterly updates as far as the records and the territories that these people are/were in. The updates will be seen after the months of March, June, September and December. Are there any others that you all would like to see followed?

Houston Championship Wrestling, May 1983 [b]Owner/Head Booker[/b] Paul Boesch [b]Announcers[/b] Peter Birkholz [b]Managers[/b] [color=red]Friday Skandor Akbar[/color] [b]Referees[/b] Harold Harris [b]Wrestlers[/b] Openers [color=blue]Brady Boone[/color] [color=red]Shaun Michaels[/color] Lower Midcarders [color=red]Art Crews[/color] [color=blue]George Weingeroff[/color] [color=red]*Mark Callaway[/color] [color=blue]The Snowman[/color] Midcarders [color=red]Boris Zhukov Buddy Landell[/color] [color=blue]Hector Guerrero[/color] [color=red]Kendo Nagasaki[/color] [color=blue]Steve Williams Tiger Conway Jr[/color] Upper Midcarders [color=blue]Butch Reed Gino Hernandez[/color] [color=red]King Kong Bundy The Super Destroyer[/color] Main Eventers [color=blue]Junkyard Dog[/color] [color=red]Kamala the Ugandan Giant[/color] [color=blue]Mil Mascaras[/color] [color=red]The Masked Superstar[/color]

The Legion of Doom stable was far and away my all-time favorite - and you're already charting Jardine and Hawk. If it wouldnt be too much trouble, could you track Jake Roberts' career also? And good luck working Houston! The undercard is pretty much the pits, but they are very top heavy. Just make sure to stay away from Gino Hernandez! You don't want Callaway picking up any bad habits. :)

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost]The Legion of Doom stable was far and away my all-time favorite - and you're already charting Jardine and Hawk. If it wouldnt be too much trouble, could you track Jake Roberts' career also? And good luck working Houston! The undercard is pretty much the pits, but they are very top heavy. Just make sure to stay away from Gino Hernandez! You don't want Callaway picking up any bad habits. :)[/QUOTE] You got it. Plus, I'll also include Hawk's tag partner too. The Undertaker learned alot about wrestling psychology from Jake the Snake during his first year or so in the WWF.

week 1, May 1983 -- Monday thru Wednesday [color=blue]Monday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News AJPW[/b] - Atsushi Onita defeated Masanobu Fuchi to retain the NWA International Junior Heavyweight title [b]AJPW[/b] - Ashura Hara defeated Takashi Ishikawa to retain the All-Asia Heavyweight title [b]CSTATES[/b] - Roger Kirby defeated Marty Jannetty to retain the Central States Television title [b]CSTATES[/b] - The Moondogs defeated Bob Brown & Buzz Tyler to win the Central States Tag Team titles [b]CWA[/b] - Bill Dundee defeated Terry Taylor to retain the AWA Southern Heavyweight title [b]CWA[/b] - Koko B Ware defeated Rick Rude to retain the CWA Mid-America Heavyweight title [b]CWA[/b] - Jerry Lawler defeated Dutch Mantell to retain the AWA International title [b]CWA[/b] - The Fabulous Ones defeated The Rock and Roll Express to retain the AWA Southern Tag Team titles [b]UWA[/b] - Black Man defeated Dr. Wagner Jr to win the UWA World Junior Lightweight title [b]UWA[/b] - Aguayo and Kendo defeated Solar and Hamada to win the UWA World Tag Team titles [b]UWA[/b] - El solitario defeated Gran Apache to win the UWA World Middleweight title [b]AGPW[/b] - [color=red]Pierre Lefebvre and The Spoiler defeated The Maritime Boys[/color] [b]ASW[/b] - Oly Olsen defeated Terry Adonis to win the All-Star Television title [color=blue]Tuesday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News HCW[/b] - [color=red]Signed Mark Callaway[/color] [b]WWF[/b] - Released Buddy Rogers and George Steele [b]WWF[/b] - Don Muraco defeated Pedro Morales to retain the WWF Intercontinental title [b]WWF[/b] - [color=red]The Wild Samoans defeated The United Forces to retain the WWF World Tag Team titles[/color] [b]WWF[/b] - [color=red]Bob Backlund defeated Sgt. Slaughter to retain the WWF World Heavyweight title[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]The Great Kabuki and Assassin #1 against Jimmy Valiant and Bob Orton Jr ended in a no contest[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - Dory Funk Jr defeated Assassin #2 to retain the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Nelson Royal and One Man Gang defeated Nikita Koloff and Angelo Mosca Jr to win the Mid-Atlantic US Tag Team titles[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - [color=red]Ric Flair defeated Harley Race to retain the NWA World Heavyweight title[/color] [b]MACW[/b] - Steamboat & Youngblood defeated The Brisco Brothers to retain the NWA World Tag Team titles [b]NJPW[/b] - [color=red]Tiger Mask defeated Dynamite Kid to retain the WWF Junior Heavyweight title[/color] [b]AJPW[/b] - Hara and Inoue defeated Ishikawa and Misawa to retain the All-Asia Tag Team titles [b]CWF[/b] - The Purple Haze defeated Brad Armstrong to win the Florida Television title [b]CWF[/b] - Blackjack Mulligan defeated Bobby Duncum to retain the Florida Brass Knuckles title [b]CWF[/b] - [color=red]Superstar Billy Graham defeated Bob Roop[/color] [b]MLW[/b] - Tiger Jeet Singh defeated Iron Mike Sharpe to win the NWA Canadian Television title [b]WWC[/b] - TNT defeated El Gran Ajpollo to win the WWC North American Heavyweight title [b]WWC[/b] - Jose Luis Rivera defeated Medic #2 to win the WWC World Junior Heavyweight title [b]WWC[/b] - Bob Sweetan defeated Invader #3 to win the Universal Heavyweight title [b]WWC[/b] - Carlos Colon & The Invader defeated Rotten Ron and Los Inverno to win the WWC World Tag Team titles [b]PNW[/b] - Dean Malenko defeated Don Running Bear to win the PNW Television title [b]IWA[/b] - Rick Martel defeated Dino Bravo to win the International Heavyweight title [color=blue]Wednesday[/color] [b]Today's Wrestling News AWA[/b] - Mike Graham defeated Buck Zumhofe to retain the AWA Light Heavyweight title [b]AWA[/b] - The Crusher defeated David Schultz to win the AWA Television title [b]AWA[/b] - The High Flyers defeated The Sheiks to retain the AWA World Tag Team titles [b]AWA[/b] - Nick Bockwinkle defeated Dick the Bruiser to retain the AWA World Heavyweight title [b]AWA[/b] - [color=red]Wahoo McDaniel and Hulk Hogan defeated King Kong Brody and Jesse Ventura[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - Les Thornton defeated Tim Horner to retain the Georgia Junior Heavyweight title [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]Jake Roberts defeated Brett Wayne[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]The Road Warriors defeated Jimmy Garvin and Bruno Sammartino Jr[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]Thunderbolt Patterson and Arn Anderson defeated Bob & Brad Armstrong[/color] [b]GCW[/b] - [color=red]Mr. Wrestling II defeated The Spoiler[/color] [b]MSW[/b] - [color=red]Buddy Landell defeated Crusher Darsow[/color] [b]MSW[/b] - Rick Steiner defeated Blade Runner Rock to win the Louisiana State Championship title [b]MSW[/b] - Junkyard Dog defeated Kamala to retain the North American Heavyweight title [b]AJW[/b] - The Jumping Bomb Angels defeated Japanese Devils to win the All-Japan Womens Tag Team titles [b]AJW[/b] - Kyoto Inoue defeated Seiko Honawa to win the All-Japan Junior Womens title [b]UWA[/b] - Black Man defeated El Texano to retain the UWA World Junior Lightweight title

Archived