The Sims 2

Tara Clover

Thanks for the link Tim. I think Will Wright is just brilliant. One of my most memorable experiences was having the opportunity to sit and chat with him - genuinely. He is very well versed in psychology, sociology, and philosophy, loves watching and learning about people and he is very sincere regarding his family. I can imagine no better person to create virtual life. I've had a little time to play Sims2. These are my first impressions: The new camera took some time for me to master but the graphics and camera movement are wonderful. The new 3d graphics engine is a huge improvement. The character creation is one of the best I've seen (SWG's is awesome, too). You can customize your sims facial features to your precise choosing. - I will anticipate seeing more in future versions. The biggest changes I've noticed is my sims are smarter. They take better care of themselves without my involvement. Also, I am really enjoying the new aspiration feature. My sim will aspire for money, love, or knowledge and then will have hopes and fears directly related to those goals. My sim ages, too. Although, I have not played enough to see how this will affect her life. I am having a great time playing and would recommend trying it out. Many of the new features (memories, aging, genetics) will be noticeable the futhter I progress in the game. So, I'll be back ;)

In the four days I've had it, the only negative thing I can say about the game is the obvious limitations of depecting life - its all so American :rolleyes: I hope in the near future there will be add-ons/user made mods ect to depict stereotypical life in other countries. The 'London' style brickwork in the game is a start ;)

Archived