More than 2 brands?

In the new version, will there be any way to create more than 2 brands, ala Raw, SD, and ECW in the current WWE? I just stumbled upon this game a month ago or so, and I think it's great. I'm really excited there is a new version coming out in only a few months, that is awesome. Keep up the good work guys.

[URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14081&highlight=brands"]Requested and shot down[/URL] [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14534&highlight=brands"]Requested and shot down[/URL] [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14643&highlight=brands"]Some of the reasoning why it was shot down[/URL] This has been requested before, many times (check the suggestions forum) and shot down for good reason. Personally, I don't think it's worth revamping the entire game from top to bottom just so someone can use a real life mod for ONE promotion. But I might feel differently if I actually wanted to play that promotion.

My bad, I am new to the game so I didn't know about the previous discussion. I think it would be cool if something like this were added into a new version (tho I admittedly have no idea how much coding goes into something like this), since all of those posts mention something like a patch or whatever. But it's not a big deal, just a cool feature that I think would be nice, running a third brand. Then again, I must be a "bad AI" manager, cuz I also hire a ton of useless divas and have a ridiculous number of wrestlers on my roster :) I just like lots of options of who to push and what kind of storylines to use.

Uh, you have no clue if it's the most played promotion. I for one, have never played WWE because I hate starting with a huge roster that I don't know from front to back. I also think that playing WWE is pointless because you have no where to progress to because WWE is already global.

[QUOTE=Remianen;134644][URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14081&highlight=brands"]Requested and shot down[/URL] [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14534&highlight=brands"]Requested and shot down[/URL] [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14643&highlight=brands"]Some of the reasoning why it was shot down[/URL] This has been requested before, many times (check the suggestions forum) and shot down for good reason. Personally, I don't think it's worth revamping the entire game from top to bottom just so someone can use a real life mod for ONE promotion. But I might feel differently if I actually wanted to play that promotion.[/QUOTE] I agree that the idea has been shot down several times, but that does not neccasarily make it a bad idea! It would be very cool to have the new TEW able to simulate the WWE situation as it stands. Not that i ever really play as the WWE but when competing against them you don't feel like your competing against the WWE. I also love a previous idea of sliding bars for promotion styles and having owner styles (IE Vinnie Mac's style would be someone who bloats there roster to avoid talent being used elsewhere) i realise that the game is not designed to simulate real life, it is designed to simulate the wrestling world in the cornellverse, but there is so much of the customer base that buys the game to play a modded version that point almost becomes moo (you know like a point a cow makes)

[QUOTE=coldheat422;134664]For one promotion? May I add it's the most popular promotion in the world, and the most played promotion.[/QUOTE] Let's be honest here, shall we? The reason it's possibly the most played promotion is because there are a lot of people who don't know diddly about wrestling except for that one promotion (and maybe one of the promotions it absorbed). There are a lot of people who don't know diddly about music except for the stuff put out by Britney Spears and artists like her. Should we throw out all other music because a lot of people don't know about it? In the threads I linked, it was explained most explicitly that changing the game to make it work like the WWE does would be designing intentionally bad AI (Adam's words). Now, since the game was designed to work with the CORNELLVERSE and modding is an OUTSIDE endeavor (who does tech support for Fall of the One Ring Circus, TCP or Adam?), I honestly don't see what the big deal is. But then, I have never had the tiniest desire to play as WWE and simulate their erratic behavior. I don't play these kinds of games to do what someone else does. ("Oh look, WWE signed Jeff Hardy. Let me sign him too!" :rolleyes: ). If it was a simple change that required little time to do, I'd be all for it. But since it's so involved and game-changing that it would involve revamping the entire game from top to bottom (AGAIN), I'd rather get other features that affect ALL promotions done instead. I have as much fun playing with the Cornellverse as I do with ANY real world mod (no offense to the folks who make those mods). With real world workers comes real world baggage and it's always great for me to learn new workers and find out their place in the world.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;134906]Just to be clear, the comments I made in the threads quoted were to people who were suggesting that TEW05 be altered to incorporate more brands. That does not mean they have not been considered for TEW07, which is a redesign, not an alteration.[/QUOTE] I like the mans way of thinking. :) Please, do consider it if it's not that much trouble to incorporate now. :)

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;134906]Just to be clear, the comments I made in the threads quoted were to people who were suggesting that TEW05 be altered to incorporate more brands. That does not mean they have not been considered for TEW07, which is a redesign, not an alteration.[/QUOTE] This is all I was trying to say, I didn't mean to get people so riled up. I just figured that since it was a new version, it might be easier to integrate. I know nothing about coding, etc, so it was just a thought. If it can be done without creating "bad AI", I don't see how *more* features can ever be bad. I would never suggest making the game worse just to simulate real life.

Just looking at Adam's posting before (not in this thread), he makes a load of sense. And in essence, he's absolutely right about the WWE having fairly poor "AI". I mean, how many us, wrestling fans, either don't watch their product anymore because it's mostly sh!t, or how many of us do watch because we just love the industry and also associate it as being ridiculously badly written and booked. I want the AI I play against in TEW to be competitive, and to be competitive I want to be booking against someone who is creative and not trying to monopolise the industry for the sheer hell of it, holding onto talent incase some brain comes up with an idea that a legit technician once had it off with a dead woman... or whatever stories it is now they trot out every 3 months reciprocated.

You are, of course right Remi, the game is designed to run the Cornellverse. That having been said i do think that TEW would potentially lose 50% of its custom (at a guess) if the ability to play real life mods was taken away. To be honest the mod section of the TEW forums is possibly more active than the general chat! Just imagine being forced to play the game with no LuFisto or Mellisa or Victoria even! As good as the cornellverse is, and it is good i have had several really enjoyable games using it. A lot of people play exclusively with real world mods and wether or not they know anything about wrestling, you can not alienate a large percentage of your customer base just because they choose to play as the WWE.

[QUOTE=panix04;135061]You are, of course right Remi, the game is designed to run the Cornellverse. That having been said i do think that TEW would potentially lose 50% of its custom (at a guess) if the ability to play real life mods was taken away. To be honest the mod section of the TEW forums is possibly more active than the general chat! Just imagine being forced to play the game with no LuFisto or Mellisa or Victoria even! As good as the cornellverse is, and it is good i have had several really enjoyable games using it. A lot of people play exclusively with real world mods and wether or not they know anything about wrestling, you can not alienate a large percentage of your customer base just because they choose to play as the WWE.[/QUOTE] No no, don't get me wrong. I think the expandability of the game is excellent. But I don't think the game as a whole should be turned upside down or even modified at all just to suit ONE real life promotion that doesn't operate by conventional rules. Back in the day (early salary cap period), I didn't feel that (American) football games should be modified to suit the dominant team of the era (the San Francisco 49ers, who structured their contracts in an exploitive manner to circumvent the salary cap) because that was ONE team and how they did business flew in the face of how everyone else did things. And for the record, I could easily handle playing without my top real world workers. But that's because I am so familiar with the Cornellverse that in many cases, I can accurately predict roster moves before they happen. Like, within the first year of every game I've ever played, NOTBPW lets Tamara McFly go and 5SSW does the same with Sensational Ogiwara (though sometimes it takes up to 18 months). And in the case of Tamara McFly, it's a guaranteed occurence if Victoria Stone and Sean McFly split up (nepotism only goes so far). But I stand corrected with regards to revamping the game. I just want to make it clear that I'm not against any changes or features done to make the world work better for real world mods. Quite the contrary. I'm just against negatively impacting the core world (Cornellverse) just so WWE mods mirror real world events. I'm sure the folks who play SWF don't want to be penalized for not having 12 or more talentless bimbos on the roster at any given time. And aphoward, I apologize if I gave the impression that I was attacking you or the idea of having 3 brands. That wasn't my intent. If 3 brands are doable, I'd use 'em just like anyone else (my roster is ENORMOUS, after all :p). Assuming the divisions idea from 04 (or was it EWR?) isn't implemented, I'd use the brands as a kind of replacement for that. mmmmm X Division brand.

I just read all that stuff about WWE having poor "AI" and whatnot, and I completely agree. But for those that don't like seeing WWE drop half their roster the first day, I have a suggestion. Instead of having the AI do something like If Number of workers > Roster Limit Release workers so Number of workers <= Roster Limit (I was gonna put that in programming code, but I don't think most would understand, so there ya go) Now it's obvious that there's some calculation in-between as to who gets released and so forth, you could have something that checks whether the releases drastically decrease roster size by some preset amount like 20 or 30 workers, then only have it release the top 20 or 30 completely talentless yet overpaid workers. That would then stop the AI from from going to WWE's level when it gets to Global, but stop WWE from going to a logical, yet unrealistic Global level. Since mass firings really only occur the first day or so, this check would in theory only have to run once. Meaning that it shouldn't run when a promotion drops in size. That's the flaw I found in my idea, but I'm sure there's a way around that, it just depends on the code structure.

A way around adding another brand (whether it is an "easy" way or not, I don't know), would be to allow either a) control of more than one promotion, or b) control over administration of promotions you are a parent to. For instance, if I am playing as WWE, I would have control over the staff, pushes, etc of OVW and DSW, but not do the actual booking for them. I would instead just pick head bookers, road agents, etc.

Archived