Some questions

Autograph signings are not in as they don't really serve a practical purpose. No, dating is not in, as that would mean an entire sub-game for relationships. Plus, i don't want a bunch of horny 14 year olds ignoring the rest of the game and just trying to pull Trish Stratus all the time. Drink and drugs aren't in, as again, why would they? Taking them would decrease your physical and mental abilities, while the reason to take them, getting high, isn't something that can exactly be shown in game terms. Unless you want me to add a feature where the game starts spinning around uncontrollably, and you then have to fight your way out of a gutter? Yes, getting minor illnesses is in.

Too bad about the drinking and drugs though. Drinking allows wrestlers work through pain and injurys. It may hurt there stats, but it is a very often occurance. But of course I don't/never will do either. Straight Edge represent! All the same, it would be nice just to see peoples career's drop like flies like in real life because of drugs.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland]They're hardly comparible - we're (well I was, i assumed you were too) talking about getting hooked on painkillers and other drugs that would be necessary to deal with injuries, not recreational drugs.[/QUOTE] And there not one of the same? In the other game it made you more recreative, in this one it would help take away pain. So they both have postives and negatives. Both have long term effects on your health and both are highly dangerous. Now I know you cant suddenly put them in now, I just think saying "I cant program it." is rather untrue. Others have, why couldent you? ;)

Firstly, i didn't say i couldn't do it, i said it'd be almost impossible to do it well. I disagree with you about Rockstar, i don't think it was done well in the game at all, i think it was very simplified, and i'm not interested in doing a feature that basic. If you're looking for a "if you do X, then there's an 50% chance of A happening, and a 50% chance of B happening" set of features, then you're not talking to the right developer, i've never been interested in doing projects at that level. Secondly, there is a big difference between having drugs for injuries and for recreational use. Everyone gets injuries in wrestling, and therefore if you force the user to "take drugs or your performance will suffer" (which is what you'd have to do in order for their to be any point to the feature) then you're virtually taking away their choice in the matter - you'd have to use them to survive. Thirdly i don't like the idea of putting adiction to some sort of variable. It depends on a person's personality (which is why i said it cannot be simulated to a high level, because a person's personality is so complex), so unless there's a tick box at the start of the game "click here if you have the potential to get hooked on narcotics", i don't think there's much point in having it. It's a moot point anyway, it's not in the game.

So be it, your the maker of the game obviously, so there is no changing your mind obviously. No biggie, just dont be shocked when I say that I don't agree with most of the things you said. (Painkillers and drugs people take for fun all end up with the same results, they are addictive and can lead to problems.. no matter what the drug.) However, I do respect the fact that since you can not do it, you did not put it in. However about it being a "moot point"... Do you seriously think that wrestling is a happy happy fun time place? I meen, if the game comes out with a whole bunch of bells and whistles, even if it has a great fun feel too it... if it does not have some sort of a moot point, it really wont be much of a simulation at all. Ohh well, my appoligies for dissagreeing with your plan. You the almighty leader are right, and I just a poor village boy am wrong. All hail king Adam!

[QUOTE=Unregistered]However, I do respect the fact that since you can not do it, you did not put it in. However about it being a "moot point"... Do you seriously think that wrestling is a happy happy fun time place? I meen, if the game comes out with a whole bunch of bells and whistles, even if it has a great fun feel too it... if it does not have some sort of a moot point, it really wont be much of a simulation at all.[/QUOTE] "Moot point" means that the argument is irrelevant, i.e. it's not worth discussing as it's too late to add it to the game even if i did agree with you (which i don't). I don't know what you thought it meant, but your above paragraph makes absolutely no sense whatsoever!

I thought moot point meant a downer. Sorry. However what I was trying to say was it seems your going to make the game into a complete mockery of wrestling if you dont have some downer's in it. I meen, you already left out a very large portion of wrestling (drugs) and I am sure you will leave other things out because of there lack of "fun." Not to mention the fact that you have decided to make the wrestling match all about picking moves out of a list to do... That just sounds retarded. Certainly not fun. Ohh well, since you are the leader of this board(and creator of the game) and if I dissagree with you, you and your followers will flame me till my doom, I'll leave it at that.

[QUOTE=Unregistered]Not to mention the fact that you have decided to make the wrestling match all about picking moves out of a list to do... That just sounds retarded. Certainly not fun.[/QUOTE] I don't want to get involved in the drink/drugs discussion, but there was a game out a while back called ESWF (which you can probably find at [url]http://www.pwse.com[/url]) which is the same type of game that FiSpi's going to be (pick moves from a list etc.), and I thought it was quite enjoyable. You're certainly entitled to your own opinion though, and I don't think anyone will flame you for having a different opinion to someone else.

I think you're intentionally trying to cause trouble. You keep saying i've not put any "downers" in the game....how would you know? Have you played it? Have you tested it? Have you even seen a screen shot? NO. There are plenty of "downers" in the game (what game doesn't!?!?), from injuries to financial concerns to relationship politics....all of which are mentioned in the FAQ \ feature list by the way....just because drugs are missing from that list doesn't mean i've decided to ignore reality. Frankly i find you posts trollish. If you believe the game - which you haven't played, tested or seen - to be retarded, then don't bother posting. I'm more than happy to listen to people's feedback on features that i have announced, and on the features they'll seen in the coming screen shots and trial, but i'm not going to bother wasting my time if you're going to make opinions on flaws like "there's no downers" which is not only untrue, but is addressed in the FAQ and feature list pinned to the top of the board.

And just like Adam Ryland of the norm, you flame anyone who dissagree's with you. Thank you for proving me right Adam, I was wondering why you had been so nice recently. I guess its that time of the month again, because your back to your old *****y self. So, I read your faq... nothing special there. I read it when it came out the first day. I may not have played the game, tested it, nor seen a screen shot, but I have the rights to my opinions don't I? If not, go ahead and ban me. You call me a troll? Why? Because I am one of the few posters on this board? Because after a few hours I may go back and look at what has been wrote and reply when there is something to reply too? You may find that trollish, I don't. I dont sit around here all day, I just reply to something that was said to me. I don't try and start trouble. You see me starting fight's with anyone else? No. I just don't think there will be many downers. So sue me.

Sheesh... in the words of my neighbor's 5 year old kid "take a chill pill dude!" :cool: So you don't think the game will be fun, that's ok everyone can have an opinion. Go to that site Scott posted and download ESWF. It's a good game and for the time being if you don't have anything nice to say then go vent in a PM. I'm just sayin'

[QUOTE=Unregistered]So, I read your faq... nothing special there. I read it when it came out the first day. I may not have played the game, tested it, nor seen a screen shot, but I have the rights to my opinions don't I? If not, go ahead and ban me.[/QUOTE] You certainly have the right not to like the game based on what type of game it's going to be, it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. But to say that there won't be many "downers" in the game when you haven't played/seen the game is not an opinion, it's a very ill-judged guess. I'm more than happy for people to express an opinion as long as they back it up with something, and not just random stabs in the dark. Reading back over the thread, it started off well enough, you put your points forward and Adam replied with reasons why he's decided not to include it. But then you go and start putting words in his mouth and come up with this: [QUOTE]Ohh well, my appoligies for dissagreeing with your plan. You the almighty leader are right, and I just a poor village boy am wrong. All hail king Adam![/QUOTE] Which is hardly a constructive argument and is really just flamebait if anything. And no, before you say anything, I would stick up for anyone finding themselves in this situation, whether it's Adam or another member of the board is irrelevant.

Definitely "flamebait" (if I may use Scott's word, lol)... I've never understood why folks feel they can insult Adam constantly under a thin veil of "opinions about the game"...take even more jabs at him when he defends his position in a mature manner...and then flame him YET AGAIN if he stoops to their level of conversation. The guy can't win. For everyone who loves him...I guess there have to be a few that hate him. I've personally enjoyed his games thus far. Otherwise I wouldn't be on his forum. In this case, we haven't even seen the game...so why someone's flaming it already is beyond me.

Yes, you can work through injuries. There's a database of all the injuries that are possible (which you can view in the game at any time), and with each you get: * Can the wrestler work while this injury is present * How long the injury will last if left to heal naturally * What permanent effect will the injury have it left to heal naturally * What effect the injury will have if the worker wrestles with it * Can it be surgically treated * If surgically treated, how long until is the recovery period * Chance of the surgery going wrong * What permanent effect will the injury have if the surgery goes wrong There is also the option to turn injuries off, as while realistic, it would be boring if you were out for a year IMO. Adam

Archived