More In Depth Matches ....

I would love when you book a match, you have a more in depth way to end a match... example a tainted win ( foreign object, pull the tights, using ropes) or manager interference (distracting the ref, sliding a weapon in the ring with/without ref seeing, etc..) pick which one to end with to set up future matches or added heat to a heel... I would also like more commentary during the match based on road agent notes... example: if you choose an open match the commentators would comment a little bit on each match .... they lock up and p1 takes advantage, oh but wait here comes p2, this is a slugfest, and p1 or p2 hits his finisher and the match is over... SOMETHING like this, maybe not as in depth as covering the whole match, but just a little commentary for each match... interference ( p1 has really taking over the match, wait it's whoever and he just took him out with a chair shot the ref sees it and calls for the bell) I love the game as is, but this would boost it up a little more....

I agree. I would like the match commentary to return and improved upon someday, I enjoyed the commentary in '04 although it did feel repetitive after awhile. Although not a crucial feature (and most don't bother to read it) it still IMO adds to the atmosphere and importance of your fed's show.

i agree on the idea of having more in depth agent notes for matches but i dont really like the commentry idea. Even if it was top notch i doubt very much i would read it. The only reason i'd bother with it is if the road agents notes were included within it.

[QUOTE=panix04;135642]i agree on the idea of having more in depth agent notes for matches but i dont really like the commentry idea. Even if it was top notch i doubt very much i would read it. The only reason i'd bother with it is if the road agents notes were included within it.[/QUOTE] yeah that's kinda what I meant, all in one type of deal... I get a lot of p1 wins by submission or pinfall... how bout p2 finally has to tap out after having his legs work over the whole match.... something like that.... or "what a cheap shot the ref missed that illegal move and therefore he steals the victory"..

Yeah, I like this idea a lot and it adds realism too since the finish of a match is usually massively scripted when its about a screwjob. I kinda miss some stuff from TEW 2004 where you could book DQs when a worker (usually face) was seen using the weapon his opponent was going to utilize. How about categorizing it. For example: Pinfall as road agent note and as footnote (so to speak) we get multiple options such as: - clear via pinfall - weapon finish - outside interference (with the interfering guy to be named in a seperate note) - legs on ropes for leverage etc It could get us rid off the tainted finish road agent note cause it would already be in the "footnote" for the pinfall predicament. Same thing for DQs, countouts etcetc. Thoughts?

[QUOTE=Harmor;135679]Yeah, I like this idea a lot and it adds realism too since the finish of a match is usually massively scripted when its about a screwjob. I kinda miss some stuff from TEW 2004 where you could book DQs when a worker (usually face) was seen using the weapon his opponent was going to utilize. How about categorizing it. For example: Pinfall as road agent note and as footnote (so to speak) we get multiple options such as: - clear via pinfall - weapon finish - outside interference (with the interfering guy to be named in a seperate note) - legs on ropes for leverage etc It could get us rid off the tainted finish road agent note cause it would already be in the "footnote" for the pinfall predicament. Same thing for DQs, countouts etcetc. Thoughts?[/QUOTE] exactly.... say choose pinfall finish and you have another box pop up with what type of pinfall (pull the tights, clean, ropes for leverage, etc.) what type of tainted finish (interference, manager distraction, etc.) what type of submission (leg, arm, head, etc... and if a tainted one it picks up that you made the guy tap out with a figure four after a low blow or something like that... or if in a pinfall you have a tainted finish .... Shane runs in and distacts the ref and Vince hits a low blow on HBK for the roll up 1,2,3...

I agree. It's probably the one complaint I had with 2005. You really had to use your imagination a lot for some of the matches. Like if you wanted one of the Spirit Squad members to accidentally cost his partner the match, you couldn't do it. Or if he ran-in, it looked like he was attacking his partner. Special Referee notes would be nice too. Like when Candice threw Mickie James from the ring because she was illegally in the ring. Or when Torrie stopped Mickie from throwing a right-hand. And of course there are fast counts that are not unusual in special guest referee matches.

I'd like to see things like a botched interference make a return. It would be good to have more options for road agents notes, because you could really build up your matches then. Would be especially good for big main event matches if you could go into more detail.

[QUOTE=TeemuFoundation;135940]Agreed. I mean, after the show is over there's no way to see who interfered and why. So it really is no big deal what happened in the match. It's result that counts.[/QUOTE] Actually that's a seperate point that I'd like to see expanded for TEW2007... more detailed show histories. It'd be handy is angles could be listed with the results as well in some cases whether the match had a cheap of decisive finish. Obviously if you're doing a diary, you can log this stuff anyway, but sometimes it's a pain if you take a break from a saved game, then come back to it a while later and can't really tell what you've done. It's also handy sometimes in retrospect to see what angles bombed on the shows (or what characters used caused them to bomb). Since the show produces a write up pretty much like this right after the event is over, would it be that hard for this version to just be saved directly into the history section?

[QUOTE]Actually that's a seperate point that I'd like to see expanded for TEW2007... more detailed show histories. [B]It'd be handy is angles could be listed with the results[/B] as well in some cases whether the match had a cheap of decisive finish. Obviously if you're doing a diary, you can log this stuff anyway, but sometimes it's a pain if you take a break from a saved game, then come back to it a while later and can't really tell what you've done. It's also handy sometimes in retrospect to see what angles bombed on the shows (or what characters used caused them to bomb). Since the show produces a write up pretty much like this right after the event is over, would it be that hard for this version to just be saved directly into the history section?[/QUOTE] I'm remembering that this was addressed by Adam and he said it would be way too much unnecessary data. And that's the last thing we need. I want my TEW to run smoothly and quickly.

The match histories however could just be slightly modified so it would show if someone won on a pinfall or DQ or whatever. I also don't think that angles need to be shown in show histories for the reason being given before, too much data cluttering up the game. Another thing I would like to see tho is for the show history to show me if a match on my card was for a title or not (only does so when the title changes hands in your promotion). The rest of the show/match history can be left untouched imo.

all I said or wanted was like a short note in the post match notes like p1 dominated that match but p2 cheated to victory, I never stated to clutter up everything or some ridiculous amount of notes just a little something more to choose exactly what you want to take place and a little comment about the match... not anything difficult... :)

Archived