Match Quality?

Does the Match Quality rating from your matches impact anything in the game? For instance, if I put on a good match am I more likely to be signed or kept on by other promotions? Does it make my popularity level rise faster? Just curious if anybody knows an answer to this...Thanks!

Thanks for the reply J. I was kind of wondering. It would sort of make sense for it to maybe play a bit of a role in how much popularity you gain from a match or even how much you lose, so maybe this might be addressed later. Lord knows wrestling isn't all about the wins and losses anyway. Any chance of this happening Adam?

[QUOTE=Showtime;136150]Thanks for the reply J. I was kind of wondering. It would sort of make sense for it to maybe play a bit of a role in how much popularity you gain from a match or even how much you lose, so maybe this might be addressed later. Lord knows wrestling isn't all about the wins and losses anyway. Any chance of this happening Adam?[/QUOTE] Maybe that works in a soap opera like WWA but this is a kayfabe game. If you're dropping matches it's going to work against you no matter how well you lost. And if you go undefeated against Bambitos it's going to help you, no questions asked.

[QUOTE=Purple Cowboy;136186]Maybe that works in a soap opera like WWA but this is a kayfabe game. If you're dropping matches it's going to work against you no matter how well you lost. And if you go undefeated against Bambitos it's going to help you, no questions asked.[/QUOTE] i agree, your right, its just the way it is

[QUOTE=Showtime;136213]not saying it shouldn't help you by winning the matches, but i don't see why wrestling a great match shouldn't give you a bit more of a boost popularity wise. it just makes sense.[/QUOTE] You're talking about in reality though, WreSpi2 isn't set in the real world. In terms of concept, it's more akin to the Ultimate Fighting Championship; it's all about the win. Putting on lots of showboating and flashiness doesn't really mean anything if you end up tapping out.

okay, UFC is certainly perhaps a better comparison, but even in UFC there's a bit more bonus wise for the guy who wins in a flashy manner. i'm not trying to slag the game, but why have fans boo about the match and then all of a sudden support the heck out of you afterward? if we're going to go the more statistical win/loss route, how about actually a stat breakdown at the end of the match like in boxing where they have the punch count? Low: 20/25 hit for 80% Med: 14/25 hit for 56% High: 10/25 hit for 40% Finisher: 1/9 hit for 11%

And you did a good job at it, Adam; don't sweat the naysayers. You add the ratings and people complain. Had you left the ratings out, people would have still complained. [QUOTE=Showtime]Lord knows wrestling isn't all about the wins and losses anyway.[/QUOTE] While I do like Showtime's future suggestion on expanded stat breakdowns, it seems as if people are having difficulty distinguishing that Wrestling Spirit is a kayfabe game. Thinking along the lines of boxing, how many loveable losers are there or ever have been in that sport? Speaking as an ultra-casual fan, I can not name one. Gerry Cooney had his moment of glory by demolishing Ken Norton, but is probably best known as a great punching bag for Larry Holmes. Did putting on an entertaining bout in the loss against Holmes help Cooney's career? Nope. He lost; he was dubbed a scrub. Pretty sad, but to casual fans that is the reality. The same thing applies to this vision of professional wrestling. It is a contest; winners get the accolades and losers get the shaft.

It's not so bad when you consider that you really only take a popularity hit when you lose to someone lower down on the card than you.The only thing I'd really like to see is to have match ratings have a little effect on the base gain/loss rate;high ratings(let's say B+ or better,just to make something up) would add a slight bonus to popularity gains and slightly mitigate the effect of popularity losses from matches.In other words,winning and looking good doing it would get you over with the crowd slightly faster than winning but looking sloppy,conversely,being a loser in very good competetive match would hurt you slightly less than losing in a sloppy manner or being totally annihilated.

Archived