Royal Rumble booking

Guest Ransik
I can tell you from plenty of experience that you CANNOT book a Rumble or even a Battle Royale where you have every single detail planned out. It simply cannot be done in a constructive way where everything will go according to plan. Firstly think about it. How the hell can you plan 30 people to do things in the exact proper order you want them to be done in? I've been in over 50 Battle Royales and the only things that get booked are which two go out first and who the Final 4 are.

[QUOTE=Ransik;140603]I can tell you from plenty of experience that you CANNOT book a Rumble or even a Battle Royale where you have every single detail planned out. It simply cannot be done in a constructive way where everything will go according to plan. Firstly think about it. How the hell can you plan 30 people to do things in the exact proper order you want them to be done in? I've been in over 50 Battle Royales and the only things that get booked are which two go out first and who the Final 4 are.[/QUOTE] Look, we've had the same thing said by one or more other people who work indies. But WWE is not the indies. Their workers are completely professional, and they know how to remember everything that they need to know. We've already said that there could be mistakes, but not that many. Wherever you work, I'm guessing they just throw together a Battle Royal with whoever isn't on the card, but not really to further storylines. WWE ties in a lot of storylines into the Rumble, so everything DOES need to go to plan. I don't know about Battle Royals in WWE, but I'm sure most of it is planned out, too. Also, it's been pretty much said that the choice should be to book however much or however little you want. So if you were running WWE or another big fed, you would book everything. But if you were just running a small indy fed, you would just book the bare minimum. Also, and I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but it just came across to me that booking everything would pretty much be aesthetic, right? Well, how about if however much overness a worker gains from the match would be determined by how long they stayed in. So if someone comes in near the beginning and gets out near the end, they would gain some respect and popularity from the fans for staying in so long. Conversely, someone who gets in and then gets eliminated pretty much right off the bat wouldn't gain very much if not losing some. I also though about how tough the coding would be, and what happens if you make an error, like putting in whoever gets in last to be eliminated first. That would mean that all 30 people would be in the ring before the first elimination. Doesn't seem to make sense, so you should watch out or there should be some kind of safeguard for that kind of thing in the program. Something like: "Are you sure you want 30 (or however many people are calculated) people in the ring before the first elimination?" I'm sure that would be another pain to code in, but it's better to do something right than to do it half-assed.

Archived