Player editor and possible solution for 2006 rosters

I sat down with the intentions of redoing Ohio State's roster to match the names of their 2006 real life roster. Unfortunately I found the player editor to be WAY too user un-friendly to do this for a large number of players. People on Utopia's NCAA 2007 website have found a way to dump the roster file from the game (with names, ratings, etc) into a csv file. Would it be possible for the creator of this game to look at this file and make it easy to import the csv into Bowl Bound to give us a fully named and rated 2006 roster file? The one caveat I can see is that Bowl Bound and NCAA don't match up all of their rating categories although many of them do. It probably would be easy to look at both rating sets and determine best matches for each one. Please let me know if this is feasible and I'll get the file.

Arlie can't do this or else he would be violating NCAA regulations. Now if you could find a third party willing to take this on... well then you have something that could be extremely valuable. Also keep in mind you made your first post after midnight, and your second at 10:30 in the morning, most people were probably sleeping rather then trolling the forums.

ok well then how about a tool to import any csv in a certain format then he is not responsible for what file is imported for what it's worth, my first post was 11:52 my time on the 13th and my second was a day and a half later (technically) today the 15th. i also PM'd arlie but haven't had any response - no biggie just thought that this game would get a lot more play if people had a real roster set (3rd party) to download

It would be a pretty significant undertaking at this point. You can't really do this "halfway" or it would be very aggitating. At this point, I'd rather work on some of the update additions and fixes. But, I would definately look at some form of csv import for any pro game I did.

Archived