After combing through numerous posts on this subject, it seems there are still some issues with the number of players transferring and the inability to recruit other transferring players. 1) Is this issue going to be addressed in the next update? 2) Can you allow us to turn off the transfer option, since a) it is next to impossible to recruit other transfers so I do not even mess with this stage b) To allow us to see what our team would accomplish with all the players that we recruited if none of them were to transfer. I am playing Texas and recruited a four star center. Once drafted, his current rating was a 1.5 with a potential to be 4.5. I redshirted him and then noticed that he is transferring to another school without even waiting until the next year, when he was clearly going to be my starter. A couple of questions (Maybe I am missing something): 1) Is there a way to ensure that a player will not transfer? Is there specific items you all look for during the season, etc. that give you an indication the player is going to transfer? If so, is there anything that you do to ensure that you keep your player or is it just a crap shoot. 2) Is there a report that lists the current morale of your players so that you can know which players to follow up on? This is one of the frusturating things of the game for me. It never fails that out of every recruiting class, I lose at least 2-3 players to transferring even though they were recruited to be my starters the following season. To me that does not seem like real life. I am definitely not an expert in college football like some of you, just a huge fan of the text games. This by far is the best college footbal text game I have played, this is just one area either I do not fully understand or just needs to be fixed (if a problem). Look forward to your feedbacks.

You don't get many transfers to a big school like Texas, but if you are playing a small school, transfers are amazingly valuable. I can sometimes get 5 or 6 players transferring in and not lose anyone with a low prestige team. It is a nice counterbalance to the recruiting advantage that the big schools have.

I do know you can check the morale of individual players (on their player card) to see if they are unhappy. In the FOFC league, I had two guys who I redshirted but took a dip in morale (and who both would start the following season), so I dumped the redshirt to get them some playing time and their morale went up and they stayed. Arlie did say he'd have some additional info in the next update to help you determine if a player would be amenable to being redshirted, and give you some info to help determine who might transfer.

It's been my experience that when a player reaches the yellow or "average" color it's best not to redshirt them as I have found that it is almost a certain guarantee that they will transfer. When building my program I found that it was easiest to recruit transfers when my prestige was middle of the pack. Now that I have a few years later gotten to have one of the better programs around I can't get any transfers.

[QUOTE=dhouston1;136926] I am playing Texas and recruited a four star center. Once drafted, his current rating was a 1.5 with a potential to be 4.5. I redshirted him and then noticed that he is transferring to another school without even waiting until the next year, when he was clearly going to be my starter. [/QUOTE] Let me guess. This player listed Playing Time as very important to him when you recruited him. Then, not only did you not give him any Playing Time, but you did not even alow him to suit up on Saturday. Exactly why are you surprised that he is Transfering from your school?

[QUOTE=WrongWay;138839]Let me guess. This player listed Playing Time as very important to him when you recruited him. Then, not only did you not give him any Playing Time, but you did not even alow him to suit up on Saturday. Exactly why are you surprised that he is Transfering from your school?[/QUOTE] Where does it say that playing was important to this particular player? If I missed it.... my bad

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol;138879]If that's the case, then an importance factor listing should be added to the player screens. It'd be impossible to keep up with what each of your players listed as important when you recruited them.[/QUOTE] I'd agree with on this one...would make things a lot easier.

Until the update, let the players morale be your guide. If its dropping, he probably isn't thrilled, and low morale guys much more likely to transfer. Arlie mentioned some new information to help users on who would be more likely to be considering transferring prior to the start of the season in the update, so it should be a bit closer to what you guys are looking for.

• 4 weeks later...
The player that I was referring to that transferred listed "Location" as the top priority, not "Playing Time" so that clearly was not the issue. From reading through different posts I understand that if you recruit someone that list "Playing Time" as their priority then you increase your chance of losing them if you do not play them. I guess with all the players on your roster, it is not apparent when it is safe to red shirt and not lose the player to another school. To me having to go through each individual player card to check morale seems tedious. Maybe the morale could be added to one of the reports for easier viewing. I appreciate all the posts/replies.

The player that I was referring to that transferred listed "Location" as the top priority, not "Playing Time" so that clearly was not the issue. From reading through different posts I understand that if you recruit someone that list "Playing Time" as their priority then you increase your chance of losing them if you do not play them. I guess with all the players on your roster, it is not apparent when it is safe to red shirt and not lose the player to another school. To me having to go through each individual player card to check morale seems tedious. Maybe the morale could be added to one of the reports for easier viewing. I appreciate all the posts/replies.

I've been coaching at the lower levels (Col St. in the MWC). Transfers were incredibly valuable to building that program. I got four my first year, and they became the core that won a conf title two years later. I think it says players always move down in prestige (??), so that's why (if I'm correct) Texas would have a hard time finding transfers. Two friendly suggestions from playing the game and reading this thread. Could one of the roster screens show the current morale? With 80 players on my roster, I'm not likely to go check every player card. So making morale a sortable column on a screen would make it easy to see who has low morale on your team. Or if that's a big redesign, maybe some emails that report on players with low morale. After all, if a DB is unhappy and thinking about leaving, as head coach I might expect that position coach to let me know about it. If what the player listed as important during recruiting is a factor in this, then yes, it should be on the player card somewhere. One thing I really like about this game is that its so well organized that I'm not tracking recruiting in a separate spreadsheet. First game to pass that test for me. :) But that means I wouldn't have any other records to remind me that a particular player say PT was important.

I've been coaching at the lower levels (Col St. in the MWC). Transfers were incredibly valuable to building that program. I got four my first year, and they became the core that won a conf title two years later. I think it says players always move down in prestige (??), so that's why (if I'm correct) Texas would have a hard time finding transfers. Two friendly suggestions from playing the game and reading this thread. Could one of the roster screens show the current morale? With 80 players on my roster, I'm not likely to go check every player card. So making morale a sortable column on a screen would make it easy to see who has low morale on your team. Or if that's a big redesign, maybe some emails that report on players with low morale. After all, if a DB is unhappy and thinking about leaving, as head coach I might expect that position coach to let me know about it. If what the player listed as important during recruiting is a factor in this, then yes, it should be on the player card somewhere. One thing I really like about this game is that its so well organized that I'm not tracking recruiting in a separate spreadsheet. First game to pass that test for me. :) But that means I wouldn't have any other records to remind me that a particular player say PT was important.

Archived