The future of wrestling, HBK!!

Overness World-5 Canada-0 Mexico-0 Japan-0 Skills: Spirit-11 Power-30 Technique-35 Speed-48 Psychology-23 Stamina-29 Charisma-73 Toughness-42 Mic-40 Safety-23 Looks-79 Respect-5 11/1/1983 First day on the job, and we have a match with (MLW) in the opening bout with none other than Jacques Rougeau. HBk and Jac, looked like the rookies that they are but in the end HBK hit the Superkick (can't call it Sweet Chin Music, yet) and picked up the win in my first match. 10 mins and a D rating. Rougeau put me over and (MLW) gave me 40, PPA. Not a bad start. (1-0) 11/2/1983 I have a match in Calgary Stampede Wrestling with Doug Furnas. Me and Furnas didn't click at all and I end up losing at the 10 min mark for another D Match rating. Even though he still put me over and now I work for another company this time for 20 dollars PPA. (1-1) 11/3/1983 I took a tryout with the UWA and find out I have to face Rey Misterio. Rey really took it to me but in the end we had a good match and I finally made it past the 10 min mark but came home without a win (1-2) Rey, told them that I would really help the company so they offered me a spot as an enhancement talent and a 20 PPA. 11/4/1983 So I stay another day down in mexico working for the UWA. I show up at the arena and find out that I have a match with Juan Rodriguez the UWA World Lightweight champ tonight for the Title. All I can say is that it wasn't pretty (13 min- D rating) buy I did come home with the win and the Title so, in my first week I have gold around my waist. (2-2) 11/5/1983 So I return home to Southwest Championship Wrestling to find out that tonight I am booked into a six-man tag match with Ken Mantell and Ken Timbs against Jose Leduc, Cowboy Bob Orton and Dirty' Dick Slater in a Tables Elimination match. Not a bad match it went 32 min but my team hardly did any damage. It got a C+ and I walked out 25$ richer.(2-3) Well, that was my first 5 days. Back to play some more.

Well, the next five days are done. 11/6/1983 Tonight I get to work for the CWA,I find out that I will facing Norvell Austin. Me and Austin go at for a good 22 min and I get the win with a Super Kick plus a C+ out of the deal. (3-3) 11/7/1983 MLW comes calling and want to face Mark Youngblood in the opening match. Me and Youngblood have good chemestry and we work for 24 mins before he finally gets put away with a superkick. We earn a nice C+ for that match and a (4-3) winloss record. 11/8/1983 Two nights in a row for MLW. This time I find out that since me and Youngblood were good together we find ourselves in a tag match with Jacques Rougeau and Brian Adias. Well, this match wasn't pretty at all but me and Youngblood pull out the win with a Superkick to Aidas' face. We went a sloppy 18 mins and earn a D+ (5-3) 11/9/1983 A get my first UWA Light Heavyweight Title defense against La Parka. Well, me and La Parka took it out to the floor early and he beat me from pilar to post then through me in the ring and took my Title. I think he pulled my tights but the ref gave him the match and the UWA Title is nolonger mine. 10 mins D+ rating (5-4) 11/10/1983 I stay in the UWA for the next night and find out that I have a Elimination tag match with Dean Ho against The Invader and Juan Rodriguez (the man I beat for the UWA Lightheavyweight Title) Not a bad tag match but we were way overmatched. I was eliminated first by The Invader then they took turns beating down Ho then finally put us out of our misery. I get a respectable C+ for a 30 min match, but another lose tying my record at (5-5) So far I have seen a lot of increases in some of my Skills: Spirit 16 +5 Power 30 +0 Tech 36 +1 Psy 44 +21 Stam +0 Tough 43 +1 Char 73 +0 Mic 46 +6 Safety 24 +1 Looks 79 +0 Respect 6 +1 Overness World 9 +4 Canada 5 +5 Mexico 4 +4 Not bad so far.

Very cool, Tripps. I'm not the biggest fan of his, but I also have a career going with the young Michaels; very challenging. The worst part about it is that you get tied up into a terrible 'feud' with Chick Donovon to start in Southwest. Chick Donovon??? ;) It will take some time for Michaels to 'grow' into his moveset, but once he does... look out! :) Good luck, and I'll be following this one very closely!

Archived