Highlight of House Shows

Don't post much......more of a reader :) However while reading Adam's latest features in the game, I really like the idea of having a TV show which consists purely of House show highlights, currently I assume this is only available while running the touring schedule. I think it'd be great if it was available to all schedules, sounds like a good saturday night tv show to me :D

[QUOTE=ting2004;141885]anyone think they would use this feature if implemented in the full game?[/QUOTE] Nope! With a limit of 3 TV shows (unless it's increased in 07), I can't see using one of them to show house show matches. I'm going to use house shows to evaluate talent and worker chemistry (basically how I use dark match time now) and that stuff's not going to see the light of day. Now, the data I gather from those shows will make their way to my regular shows but not the "straight with no chaser" version. Assuming the number of TV shows allowed isn't increased, that means with the 3 brand addition, each brand can have one show. Unless you make one brand the "house show brand" (which is possible), I can't see anyone using a limited resource that is SO powerful (TV shows) to showcase house show matches. Especially considering the fact that there are folks who actually want an AUTO-BOOKER and/or the ability to have the game book for them. Sounds like a good feature but as you described it, I can't see it being useful to me.

I believe this featue is only used for touring promotions anyway, and ANY TV show that they have won't be booked, as it will be a recap show. At least that's how I understood it. So you don't have the choice to use it if you're not touring, and you don't have the choice not to use it if you are tourning.

[QUOTE=Akki;141913]I believe this featue is only used for touring promotions anyway, and ANY TV show that they have won't be booked, as it will be a recap show. At least that's how I understood it. So you don't have the choice to use it if you're not touring, and you don't have the choice not to use it if you are tourning.[/QUOTE] Yeah, that's pretty much exactly how I understood it.

The point for house shows is that they aren't treated as... true events. They're basically exhibition matches. It's like a friendly in soccer or the preseason in the NFL. It doesn't count. It can help people improve or see how they are best suited, but it still doesn't count.

Archived