Question regarding new contracts...

In TEW05, if you offer a worker a contract and you only wanna use him for a handful of shows and then release him afterwards, it's unlikey that they will want to come back to the promotion if offered another contract a few months later on. Now, with these new contract types like touring and loan, if the worker leaves after a touring or loan contract is up what are the chance he/she would accept another touring offer in another month or so?

[QUOTE=Thriller;143226]Well, they wouldnt be fired or released, the contract would end. So there wouldnt be any bad blood, I'd imagine.[/QUOTE] It's not bad blood, it's a hardcoded game mechanism. In 05, if a worker's contract expires, you cannot rehire them for 6 months. If you try, they'll tell you they're not interested in negotiating with you because they only recently left your promotion. That's what lowki02 is asking about.

It would be better if we went back to the contract system like TEW 04, where we could hire a worker for a certain number of dates/appearances. Back in 04, I'd plan out how many shows I needed a person for regarding a storyline. Since I can't do that in 05, I just fire people after I'm done. I like to "bump" people from contract to pay per appearance. They do that on soap operas a lot and it works for me.

From Adam [url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16461[/url] [QUOTE]Short Term contracts are pretty self-explanatory; they are just like regular PPA contracts, except that they are done specifically for people who will only be making a handful of appearances. This is very useful for bringing in legends for surprise appearances, new workers for trial matches, or surprise opponents\partners for the sake of storylines, without having to have them stuck on your roster for many months as a result.[/QUOTE] I'd imagine that touring contracts wouldn't require a 6-month break. Unless tours are limited to 6-months in-between tours, it wouldn't really make sense to have that limitation which would make it impossible to have the same workers on back-to-back tours. I don't know alot about touring promotions, but I'd imagine that there is typically some workers who work back-to-back tours. For loan, I don't really have a guess.

Archived