The Birth of the Hitman

The year is 1983. The place is Calgary, Alberta, Canada. My name is Bret Hart, and I'm a professional wrestler. [center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/60/BretHartProgram.jpg/200px-BretHartProgram.jpg[/img] [color=#CC66CC][size=3]The Birth of the Hitman[/size][/color] [size=2][i]A Wrestling Spirit 2 Diary[/i][/size][/center] I should start from the beginning, you see, my family lives, breathes, eats, and sleeps professional wrestling. My father Stu trains would be wrestling students in our basement.. his "dungeon" as its been called by his pupils. I don't know how many afternoons Id be laying in the floor of our living room and hear the cries and pain echoing from the vents along the wall. I'll tell you, if I had a dime for every grown man I saw my father make cry like a little kid with a skinned knee I'd be a rich man even today. My house was a hub of activity from morning until night, between my eleven brothers and sisters, plus the wrestling students and friends of my father staying in the house from time to time.. there was always something going on in the Hart household. I didn't always want to be a wrestler, in fact, for a time, I was enrolled at Mount Royal College.. I wanted to be in the movie industry, I wanted to direct. In my free time I'd pull a little cash working for my fathers wrestling promotion, Calgary Stampede Wrestling. Some of the biggest names in the Canadian territories came through Stampede, Bad News Allen, Leo Burke, "The Loch Ness Monster" Giant Haystacks, my brothers Bruce and Keith.. it was just fun being there, maybe helping out as a referee every once in a while. It was one faithful night in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan some low level talent decided to not show up and my father was left with no choice but to ask me to get in the ring and do the job for one of the other guys. I knew quite a few holds from from screwing around with my brothers in the backyard and working out with my dad down in the dungeon now and again, so I wasn't a total novice. That night I stepped into the ring and worked my first match, I had no problem doing the job, at the time I didn't think this would go anywhere.. I was going to be a director after all. Time rolled on, weeks turned into months, months turned into years.. I was slowly becoming a pretty established talent within the confines of Stampede and the Calgary territory. My dad and a few of the guys backstage actually gave me the moniker "Hit Man" after the boxer Thomas Hearns. Bret "Hit Man" Hart.. I hated to admit it to myself, but I was becoming a real professional wrestler. Wasn't any big loss to the movie world, I was a pretty lousy director. As of today, I've been wrestling around five years, started when I was nineteen, twentyfive now. I'm the current North American Champion, on my sixth reign now, won the thing this time from Leo Burke. I've been having some incredible matches with Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith, two of the younger guys in Stamepde. I've been teaming a lot with my brothers Keith and Bruce, even my little brother Owen.. that kid catches on so damn fast, seventeen years old and he's already pulling off some of the best matches on the Stampede lineups. I've been talking to my big brother Keith recently about my career, where Stampede is going, all that. "Listen Bret, Stampede is home.. you know that, but the business is changing, territories are getting bigger, down in the states the Mid Atlantic territory, Gagne's AWA, and the McMahon's east coast territory are all getting bigger and bigger.. then there's Japan, kid.. you're incredible in the ring, you have ring chops that I only saw in guys twice your age when I was coming up. Get out there.. build a name for yourself outside of Calgary, outside of Stampede.. don't let your best years pass you by Bret, trust me.. you'll regret it." His words rang in my years for weeks. I put it all out of my head for now.. match time. [quote] ------------------------------------------- Matches worth mentioning this week: Mil Mascaras and Harley Race defeated The Funk Brothers at All Japan's recent show in Kanto. Jerry "The King" Lawler retained the AWA International Heavyweight title against Austin Idol at the last CWA showcase. El Solitario won the UWA World Middleweight title from Gran Apache in a show stealer in Mexico. Bob Backlund retained the WWF World title over federation newcomer Sgt. Slaughter. Ric Flair retained the NWA World title over Jack Briscoe in a classic mat based battle. Riki Choshu and Tiger Mask put on a classic in the main event of the latest New Japan show. Terry Funk and Jumbo Tsuruta tore the house down at an All Japan showcase in Tahoku, Japan. Billy Graham showed there is life after the WWF, winning the Florida Heavyweight over Scott McGhee. The Invader scored an upset over Carlos Colon for the Universal Heavyweight title. El Solitario retained his UWA World Middleweight title over Villano III in another off the charts main event in Mexico. Nick Bockwinkel retained the AWA World title over Cheif Wahoo McDaniel at the latest AWA event. Kevin Von Erich lost the WCCW American Heavyweight title to Killer Khan down in Dallas. ------------------------------------------- Notes from around the world this week: George "The Animal" Steele released from his WWF contract. "The Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers released from his WWF contract. New Japan rises in size. New Japan gets a brand new television show. [/quote] This week I team with my little brother Owen to take Bad News Allen and The Mongolian Stomper. Stampede is a small promotion, I've wrestled both guys before, as for me and Owen.. we're as close as two brothers can be. He, my brother Ross and I were the younger three boys, we all rough housed with each other, we trained together. Owen and I are a great tag team, with a little more experience together we could be one of the best teams around. The rest of the card shapes up like this.. The Great Gama vs. Leo Burke - Should be a decent match, Leo is a class act. Makhan Singh vs. The Cobra - Cobra is amazing, the man is a wrestling machine. Jim Neidhart and Mr. Hito vs. The Bulldogs (Davey and Dynamite) - Recently Jim and I have toyed with the idea of teaming with one another, just an idea. Larry Cameron vs. Ben Bassarab - Ben's dating my sister Alison, good wrestler, tough son of a bitch to. Onto the match.. Bad News Allen and I start things off, I take the upper hand and whip the big bastard into the ropes, we beat on each other for a few minutes before he started getting a pretty sizable upper hand, the man is a brick wall.. I just can't take the bastard down. He tags out to the Stomper and I get an even bigger beating from an even more experienced grappler, my head is absolutely killing me. I eventually make the hot tag to Owen, the crowd goes nuts for the kid, but he's worked over pretty good by Stomper, then Allen.. Owen gets beat down something nasty, he eventually rolls between the two big dumb bastards and tags me back in.. my head is still throbbing at this point. I try like hell to make a come back, but Allen and I get started on the outside.. a few slams on the floor and I'm done, my head just can't take it. [b]Bad News Allen pins me at about the twenty minute mark.[/b] God.. I hope Keith was shooting to me straight. .. am I really ready for the next step? .. am I .. [b][i]More to come.[/i][/b] [i]Quick note, thanks to Wikipedia for all the details concerning Bret and his family.. best website ever.[/i]

Tough luck against Bad News and Stomper. Good luck with Bret. Also, I've got his 3-disc DVD and it's got everything from his beginings to the end when a concussion in a match against Bill Goldberg ended his career. He also talked about his stroke and has a good tribute video to some of his friends and relatives in the ring who have passed away (Ray Traylor, Curt Henig, Miss Elizabeth, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, etc.). There's some matches too but mostly they are tag matches with Jim Neidhart as well as his two tribute matches for his brothers.

Tough luck against Bad News and Stomper. Good luck with Bret. Also, I've got his 3-disc DVD and it's got everything from his beginings to the end when a concussion in a match against Bill Goldberg ended his career. He also talked about his stroke and has a good tribute video to some of his friends and relatives in the ring who have passed away (Ray Traylor, Curt Henig, Miss Elizabeth, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith, etc.). There's some matches too but mostly they are tag matches with Jim Neidhart as well as his two tribute matches for his brothers.

• 1 month later...
Guest KingEdge
I started a Bret Hart career myself, i built his stats nicely but I don't know how he can be hired in a US promo since he is F everywhere except in North West (D) and Pacific Wrestling refues to hire since I'm not over enough I wish I could see how this story goes :(

Guest KingEdge
I started a Bret Hart career myself, i built his stats nicely but I don't know how he can be hired in a US promo since he is F everywhere except in North West (D) and Pacific Wrestling refues to hire since I'm not over enough I wish I could see how this story goes :(

[QUOTE=KingEdge;155032]I started a Bret Hart career myself, i built his stats nicely but I don't know how he can be hired in a US promo since he is F everywhere except in North West (D) and Pacific Wrestling refues to hire since I'm not over enough I wish I could see how this story goes :([/QUOTE] According to the DVD set, he went with his brother down to WWC, Carlos Colon's promotion, for about a year, i think. Have you tried going there? I don't think that Bret went to the US until Vince McMahon purchased the Calgary promotion. Vince brought several of the wrestlers from CSW to WWF, including the British Bulldogs, Jim Neidhart along with Bret and Owen.

[QUOTE=KingEdge;155032]I started a Bret Hart career myself, i built his stats nicely but I don't know how he can be hired in a US promo since he is F everywhere except in North West (D) and Pacific Wrestling refues to hire since I'm not over enough I wish I could see how this story goes :([/QUOTE] According to the DVD set, he went with his brother down to WWC, Carlos Colon's promotion, for about a year, i think. Have you tried going there? I don't think that Bret went to the US until Vince McMahon purchased the Calgary promotion. Vince brought several of the wrestlers from CSW to WWF, including the British Bulldogs, Jim Neidhart along with Bret and Owen.

Guest KingEdge
[QUOTE=captainlou;155176]According to the DVD set, he went with his brother down to WWC, Carlos Colon's promotion, for about a year, i think. Have you tried going there? [/QUOTE] I didn't know that Bret Hart wrestled in WWC! I'm in May 84 but I still not over enough to be hired there, my sole ally is a midcarder, Hercules Ayala

Guest KingEdge
[QUOTE=captainlou;155176]According to the DVD set, he went with his brother down to WWC, Carlos Colon's promotion, for about a year, i think. Have you tried going there? [/QUOTE] I didn't know that Bret Hart wrestled in WWC! I'm in May 84 but I still not over enough to be hired there, my sole ally is a midcarder, Hercules Ayala

Archived