• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As an idea it's great but it wouldn't work. If Adam gave out the beta to lets say 5000 people, if they all come back with "why isn't this in?, I want that changed? etc." then he'd probably want to go back and change it. Then would be beta v2.0 and the same thing could happen again. Add to the fact that the more people who give him feedback, the more time he's got to spend reading through it all, time which could be spent working on the game instead. Eventually we'd probably get TEW '07 in 2012 if Adam included every single suggestion that everyone made. :)

As an idea it's great but it wouldn't work. If Adam gave out the beta to lets say 5000 people, if they all come back with "why isn't this in?, I want that changed? etc." then he'd probably want to go back and change it. Then would be beta v2.0 and the same thing could happen again. Add to the fact that the more people who give him feedback, the more time he's got to spend reading through it all, time which could be spent working on the game instead. Eventually we'd probably get TEW '07 in 2012 if Adam included every single suggestion that everyone made. :)

even though it sounds like a good idea and lots of people checking out the game for bugs would cover lots of ground. You dont really need a thousand people as beta testers. The select few is good and thats what a tech problem section on the board is for. Even though its good to get all the bugs at the begin. We have let Adam correct the bugs one at a time not all at once if we all have a beta of the game.

even though it sounds like a good idea and lots of people checking out the game for bugs would cover lots of ground. You dont really need a thousand people as beta testers. The select few is good and thats what a tech problem section on the board is for. Even though its good to get all the bugs at the begin. We have let Adam correct the bugs one at a time not all at once if we all have a beta of the game.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;146571]No, what I meant was. That as vocalorigami pointed out, get all the bugs out right away. And, everyonce in a while Adam could take a poll on new features and depending on the mass concensus, keep it in or toss it.[/QUOTE] Like I said, it's a good idea but it's not really feasible. I can't even think of one game in recent years (console or PC) that doesn't have at least one bug in it, and most are made by huge companies with millions in the bank and a large team to create the games.

[QUOTE=NickC13573;146571]No, what I meant was. That as vocalorigami pointed out, get all the bugs out right away. And, everyonce in a while Adam could take a poll on new features and depending on the mass concensus, keep it in or toss it.[/QUOTE] Like I said, it's a good idea but it's not really feasible. I can't even think of one game in recent years (console or PC) that doesn't have at least one bug in it, and most are made by huge companies with millions in the bank and a large team to create the games.

Something I think you guys are forgetting is that Adam is creating TEW 2007 by building on top of (though not keeping *everything* identical) of the TEW 2005 game engine. Therefore, the stability of 05 at its current state would translate over to '07 with the only possible bugs being new features that Adam has added. So there shouldn't really be a HUGE problem with bugs as was the case with 2004. As for everyone being a beta tester.. that would just be wrong lol. Everyone has their own ideas on what feature should work in what way.. it would be impossible to keep up with everyone. Not to mention, having been on Adam's beta team before, what sort of incentive would someone have to buy his game, if they already have a pretty much completed beta? Granted it wouldn't be the *full* game.. but lets be realistic :P

Something I think you guys are forgetting is that Adam is creating TEW 2007 by building on top of (though not keeping *everything* identical) of the TEW 2005 game engine. Therefore, the stability of 05 at its current state would translate over to '07 with the only possible bugs being new features that Adam has added. So there shouldn't really be a HUGE problem with bugs as was the case with 2004. As for everyone being a beta tester.. that would just be wrong lol. Everyone has their own ideas on what feature should work in what way.. it would be impossible to keep up with everyone. Not to mention, having been on Adam's beta team before, what sort of incentive would someone have to buy his game, if they already have a pretty much completed beta? Granted it wouldn't be the *full* game.. but lets be realistic :P

[QUOTE=NickC13573;146544]I know man, its just I [B][U]ALWAYS[/U][/B] read, I NEED this game now and such. I am just thinking, that if Adam did do this that people would stop making [COLOR="Red"]pointless threads [/COLOR]about the game and actually give constructive criticism.[/QUOTE] :eek: pointless threads? I hope your not referring to the ones i tend to start most mornings, i think they are very useful. And only one in 10 of them turn into full blown arguments!

[QUOTE=NickC13573;146544]I know man, its just I [B][U]ALWAYS[/U][/B] read, I NEED this game now and such. I am just thinking, that if Adam did do this that people would stop making [COLOR="Red"]pointless threads [/COLOR]about the game and actually give constructive criticism.[/QUOTE] :eek: pointless threads? I hope your not referring to the ones i tend to start most mornings, i think they are very useful. And only one in 10 of them turn into full blown arguments!

Archived