about footage distribution

[QUOTE=y2jbrock;147841]Shouldnt you be able to pick both webshows and dvd/vhs sales?[/QUOTE] In real life you could do both but this is a game and any good game forces it's users to make tough choices. Think of it this way. In order for DVD sales to be strong you need to save your best matches for it. Less people will buy a DVD containing footage available for free over the net (I know the quality is better on a DVD). Like wise you will attract more fans by placing your best matches on the internet. Instead of choosing which one gets more focus you simply choose one over the other.

[QUOTE=y2jbrock;147841]Shouldnt you be able to pick both webshows and dvd/vhs sales?[/QUOTE] In real life you could do both but this is a game and any good game forces it's users to make tough choices. Think of it this way. In order for DVD sales to be strong you need to save your best matches for it. Less people will buy a DVD containing footage available for free over the net (I know the quality is better on a DVD). Like wise you will attract more fans by placing your best matches on the internet. Instead of choosing which one gets more focus you simply choose one over the other.

[QUOTE]If you're giving the show away for free on the Net then why would anyone pay for the DVD version? It wouldn't make any sense.[/QUOTE] To own a piece of history sir. But I'm kinda insane. Recent CD purchase:$10 on Itunes but I chose the $22 imported CD. Why? Because I collect. For most however you make a good point. Of course if it was Joe vs Kobashi and the internet show went away after a bit, well then some people be wantin' them the DVD. For the game it'll be fine IMHO.

[QUOTE]If you're giving the show away for free on the Net then why would anyone pay for the DVD version? It wouldn't make any sense.[/QUOTE] To own a piece of history sir. But I'm kinda insane. Recent CD purchase:$10 on Itunes but I chose the $22 imported CD. Why? Because I collect. For most however you make a good point. Of course if it was Joe vs Kobashi and the internet show went away after a bit, well then some people be wantin' them the DVD. For the game it'll be fine IMHO.

Archived