Match Quality Ratings

Hello! I am still a newb with this game and I have yet to really get a fix on what gets you a good match rating (I typically max out at about a C+)... I know Adam has created a deep game and there prolly is no SIMPLE answer on this (as well there shouldn't be), but here are some areas I thought might be big factors: -amount of "wow" moves in a match -length of match -variety of moves used (if that is important, that's a hard one as the computer seems to get fixated on one or two moves in its arsenal) -overnness of competitors in a match -psychology scores -closeness of match -number of counter moves -number of near-falls -use of moves that match the style of the promotion (chairshots in a hardcore fed & half-nelsons in a traditional fed) -use of moves that match the heel-face orientation of your character (i.e. cheating if you're a heal) ??? So basically, are there two or three things that I can immediately focus on to try to bring my match ratings up to the "B" range??? Many thanks for the help and input...

[QUOTE= from the Wrestlign Spirit Manual] Match Ratings Every match that the player is involved in has a match rating. This is available by checking the Information screen (the "I" icon in the taskbar), which also pops up automatically at the end of the bout. The match rating is calculated from numerous factors, such as length of the match, the flashiness of the moves (the "wow" factor of the move), the amount of counters, the amount of big spots (such as table breaks or blood), etc. Wrestlers gain popularity from participating in good matches. [/QUOTE] taken from the manual

One tip that I would provide is this: Match ratings are cumulative. What I mean is this: If you click on the "I" button in the middle of a match and see a "C" rating, then that means that no matter what, the match will get at least a "C". All matches start with no rating, then evenutually earn an "E", move up to a "D", and so on. I have never seen a match rating go down in the middle of a match. Why is this significant? Because it means that you can improve your match rating by "carrying" your opponent for a little while longer, especially if you are performing a lot of big moves. If you are dominating a match, and you want a better match rating, don't pin your opponent, just keep beating on him. Of course, the bad side to this is that sometimes they turn the tables and beat you, but that's the price you pay for higher match ratings. Generally, I always check my match rating as I near the end of a match. I try not to attempt a pin on a low-level opponent until I have secured at least a B- rating, and I won't attempt a pin on a high level opponent until I have at least a "C" rating (generally, you need to try a lot more pins on high-level opponents, who have plenty of Spirit to fight back with). Of course, early in your career this is difficult if not impossible to do, as you are often lucky just to get the win. However, once you are a Superstar it is much easier.

[QUOTE=ShootTheMoon]One tip that I would provide is this: Match ratings are cumulative. What I mean is this: If you click on the "I" button in the middle of a match and see a "C" rating, then that means that no matter what, the match will get at least a "C". All matches start with no rating, then evenutually earn an "E", move up to a "D", and so on. I have never seen a match rating go down in the middle of a match.[/QUOTE]Not true. Match ratings can and do go down - maybe not that often but they do. Generally it's more noticeable when trying to turn a B+ into an A but it can happen lower down the grade scale too. [quote=bigjabbadudley]i once had a squash match that lasted 4 minutes and i got a b rating[/quote]Again not true. If you look hard enough it's impossible to get a C+ rating or higher when a match lasts less than 10 minutes. The second it hits the 10 minute mark many C rated matches become C+ rated matches. The easiest way to get great match ratings is to hit high Wow/Ouch moves as frequently as possible. Still haven't heard of an A* match yet although there have been quite a few A rated matches.

I've gotten a couple A matches, still no A+ match. I actually tried turning an A into an A+, but after an extra 45 minutes (game time) of trying everything I could, nothing happened, so I finally settled for the A out of frustration. And yeah, I've had a B+ turn into a B. But it is fairly rare for the ranking to go down.

Yeah i have only ever got a A match,in a 62 minuite match against Wolf Hawkin's which ended in a medical DQ.The funny thing is i did not intend for the match to go that long,so i think if you liturally are fighting to win for a long time that makes the match better.

[QUOTE=ShootTheMoon]One tip that I would provide is this: Match ratings are cumulative. What I mean is this: If you click on the "I" button in the middle of a match and see a "C" rating, then that means that no matter what, the match will get at least a "C". All matches start with no rating, then evenutually earn an "E", move up to a "D", and so on. I have never seen a match rating go down in the middle of a match.[/QUOTE] I can back up the guy that said this was wrong also, during a Warrior vs Hogan match in the DOTT game, we had it at a C when it first change from No Rating, but during the 21st min, the rating dropped to D, match finished at D too. Also in my Batista vs HHH match in my update.. available RIGHT HERE AT GDS FORUMS! (*cheap pop*). The match was in B territory but bombed to D.

Ive had like, 6 B+ matches, one was an Elimination tag match, and after I eliminated one of there guys, it was me, and I think Jake Panic vs Fox Mask, I just would not stop going for the A quality match, thus, bringing an Medical DQ. I was so mad, because that was one of my longer matches at 42 Min.

Archived