Leon White: The Man They Call Vader

Guest .SVA

[CENTER][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]18TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B][/CENTER] [INDENT][QUOTE][RIGHT][I][B]The AWA All-Stars Tour[/B] Jerry Blackwell vs. Leon White, Singles[/I][/RIGHT] A surprisingly even match. Blackwell started with some heavy duty, but White managed to fight back and actually keep up him, utilizing several forearm blows, as well as other powerful moves. Blackwell then again took a stand, but every time Leon either escaped or broke the hold or move. Blackwell clearly got frustrated as he went for his trademark Big Splash many times, but White managed to move away. He also went for several covers in the match, but only scored two counts on the pin. The match ended after White missed a butt drop and Blackwell was able to score with The Big Splash, securing the victory and the pin, even though Leon had clear dominance of the match. [B]Winner:[/B] Jerry Blackwell[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The AWA All-Stars Tour Card[/B] [SIZE="1"]3256 in Attendance [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] and [B]Billy Robinson[/B] defeated [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] and [B]David Schultz[/B] [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]The Crusher[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Heavyweight[/I] title [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Ken Patera[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Television[/I] title [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] defeated [B]Mr. Saito[/B] [B]Jerry Blackwell[/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Leon White[/COLOR][/B] [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]Curt Henning[/B] and [B]Scott Hall[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Mike Graham[/B] defeated [B]Steve O[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Light Heavyweight[/I] title [B]King Kong Brody[/B] defeated [B]Rick Martel[/B] [B]Kenny Jay[/B] defeated [B]Ray Stevens[/B] [B]Team Boom[/B] defeated [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] and [B]Buck Zumfhole[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE][/INDENT]

[CENTER][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]18TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B][/CENTER] [INDENT][QUOTE][RIGHT][I][B]The AWA All-Stars Tour[/B] Jerry Blackwell vs. Leon White, Singles[/I][/RIGHT] A surprisingly even match. Blackwell started with some heavy duty, but White managed to fight back and actually keep up him, utilizing several forearm blows, as well as other powerful moves. Blackwell then again took a stand, but every time Leon either escaped or broke the hold or move. Blackwell clearly got frustrated as he went for his trademark Big Splash many times, but White managed to move away. He also went for several covers in the match, but only scored two counts on the pin. The match ended after White missed a butt drop and Blackwell was able to score with The Big Splash, securing the victory and the pin, even though Leon had clear dominance of the match. [B]Winner:[/B] Jerry Blackwell[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The AWA All-Stars Tour Card[/B] [SIZE="1"]3256 in Attendance [B]Hulk Hogan[/B] and [B]Billy Robinson[/B] defeated [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] and [B]David Schultz[/B] [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]The Crusher[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Heavyweight[/I] title [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Ken Patera[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Television[/I] title [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] defeated [B]Mr. Saito[/B] [B]Jerry Blackwell[/B] defeated [B][COLOR="Red"]Leon White[/COLOR][/B] [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]Curt Henning[/B] and [B]Scott Hall[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Mike Graham[/B] defeated [B]Steve O[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Light Heavyweight[/I] title [B]King Kong Brody[/B] defeated [B]Rick Martel[/B] [B]Kenny Jay[/B] defeated [B]Ray Stevens[/B] [B]Team Boom[/B] defeated [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] and [B]Buck Zumfhole[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE][/INDENT]

[CENTER][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]20TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B][/CENTER] [INDENT][QUOTE][RIGHT][I][B]AWA All-Star Wrestling[/B] Big Scott Hall and Steve O vs. Brad Rheingans and Leon White, Tag Team[/I][/RIGHT] Rheingans and Hall started out, with Brad clearly showing his dominance, as he put on a clinic. Hall had little exposure, only an arm wringer or a punch here and there. This changed after Hall managed to escape a Belly To Back Suplex, and tag in his partner, Steve O. Steve took control and layed Rheingans out on the mat, before Brad bodyslammed him and slapped on a vicious looking straddled arm bar. This had Steve temporarily paralysed as Rheingans tagged out and in came Leon White. He first delivered a double stomp, but missed a butt drop. Though White soon control again, as he moved away from a Steve O elbow drop. The match continued back and fourth, but White slowly took more and more ground. White seemed to be eligible to score a win here, but then Steve was able to hit a second rope dropkick and tag Scott Hall in. White though kept his focus and quickly turned the tides and managed to lock in the White Face Eraser. To everyones great surprise, Hall was able to fight his way out is this vicious submission hold. Hall then went back in control, but after a backbreaker White was able to tag in a fresh Rheingans. He went straight to work on Hall, but couldn't quite get the job done as the result ended with a tag out from Hall into Steve O. He missed the impending dropkick, letting Rheingans take the advantage. This didn't last long though, as Steve took the upper hand with a head scissors, but missed a flying splash, sending Rheingans to the top again. After being punished by Brad, with him hitting several big moves, Steve was just able to make yet another tag into Scott Hall. This didn't phase Brad though as he quickly took the upper hand again. He kept Hall on the mat, using deadly submission holds to punish him, until tagging in Leon White after an arm drag. After beating Hall within an inch of his life, the match went as usual as Scott tagged out to Steve O, who started by landing some dropkicks. But White was seemingly to frustrated to care as he just ignored them and began raining down pain and punishment on Steve. Steve retaliate though, as he was able to dropkick his way out of some of the torture White had lined up. This was abruptly ended after he missed his last dropkick of the match, and White applied the White Face Eraser to make him submit. After 41 minutes of this extravaganza, Rheingans and White was finally able to secure the victory. [B]Winner:[/B] Brad Rheingans and Leon White[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The AWA All-Star Wrestling Card[/B] [SIZE="1"]3295 in Attendance [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] and [B]The Crusher[/B] defeated [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] and [B]Ken Patera[/B] [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Jerry Blackewell[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Television[/I] title [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]Rick Martel[/B] [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]Team Boom[/B] the retain the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Mr. Saito[/B] and [B]David Schultz[/B] defeated [B]The Hennings[/B] [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] and [B][COLOR="Red"]Leon White[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B]Scott Hall[/B] and [B]Steve O[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE][/INDENT]

[CENTER][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]20TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B][/CENTER] [INDENT][QUOTE][RIGHT][I][B]AWA All-Star Wrestling[/B] Big Scott Hall and Steve O vs. Brad Rheingans and Leon White, Tag Team[/I][/RIGHT] Rheingans and Hall started out, with Brad clearly showing his dominance, as he put on a clinic. Hall had little exposure, only an arm wringer or a punch here and there. This changed after Hall managed to escape a Belly To Back Suplex, and tag in his partner, Steve O. Steve took control and layed Rheingans out on the mat, before Brad bodyslammed him and slapped on a vicious looking straddled arm bar. This had Steve temporarily paralysed as Rheingans tagged out and in came Leon White. He first delivered a double stomp, but missed a butt drop. Though White soon control again, as he moved away from a Steve O elbow drop. The match continued back and fourth, but White slowly took more and more ground. White seemed to be eligible to score a win here, but then Steve was able to hit a second rope dropkick and tag Scott Hall in. White though kept his focus and quickly turned the tides and managed to lock in the White Face Eraser. To everyones great surprise, Hall was able to fight his way out is this vicious submission hold. Hall then went back in control, but after a backbreaker White was able to tag in a fresh Rheingans. He went straight to work on Hall, but couldn't quite get the job done as the result ended with a tag out from Hall into Steve O. He missed the impending dropkick, letting Rheingans take the advantage. This didn't last long though, as Steve took the upper hand with a head scissors, but missed a flying splash, sending Rheingans to the top again. After being punished by Brad, with him hitting several big moves, Steve was just able to make yet another tag into Scott Hall. This didn't phase Brad though as he quickly took the upper hand again. He kept Hall on the mat, using deadly submission holds to punish him, until tagging in Leon White after an arm drag. After beating Hall within an inch of his life, the match went as usual as Scott tagged out to Steve O, who started by landing some dropkicks. But White was seemingly to frustrated to care as he just ignored them and began raining down pain and punishment on Steve. Steve retaliate though, as he was able to dropkick his way out of some of the torture White had lined up. This was abruptly ended after he missed his last dropkick of the match, and White applied the White Face Eraser to make him submit. After 41 minutes of this extravaganza, Rheingans and White was finally able to secure the victory. [B]Winner:[/B] Brad Rheingans and Leon White[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The AWA All-Star Wrestling Card[/B] [SIZE="1"]3295 in Attendance [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] and [B]The Crusher[/B] defeated [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] and [B]Ken Patera[/B] [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Jerry Blackewell[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Television[/I] title [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]Rick Martel[/B] [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]Team Boom[/B] the retain the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Mr. Saito[/B] and [B]David Schultz[/B] defeated [B]The Hennings[/B] [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] and [B][COLOR="Red"]Leon White[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B]Scott Hall[/B] and [B]Steve O[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE][/INDENT]

• 4 weeks later...
[CENTER][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]24TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B][/CENTER] [QUOTE][RIGHT][I][B]AWA Blow Out! (May)[/B] Mr. Saito vs. Leon White, Singles[/I][/RIGHT] Mr. Saito started out with a headbutt as offense, but White gracefully moved the head of his own to avoid it. He then connected with serious clubbing blows, sending Saito to the canvas. This was followed by a giant Elbow Drop and proceeded with some stompings. Saito though, began rolling away from Whites stomps and finally was able to get up and deliver a forearm blow, but was unsuccessful in his attempt to take White down. Leon then went on some might call a "killing spree" as he punished Saito with a combination of headbutts, punches and kicks. Saito was though able to block an arm wringer, but received a brutal looking headbutt for his trouble. The Asian man was now down on the mat yet again. This didn't hold out for long though as he used same tactics as before and rolled away from the impending stomps. Saito was then able to grab the arm of White and turn it into a standing armbar, as he got to his feet. But again he was unable to get White off his feet and received a bodyslam to the canvas. White followed with a brutal beating, changing his tactics to a more technical minded warfare. This ended when he dragged Saito up and tossed him to the corner but was unable to hit with the forearm as Saito moved away. It was now Mr. Saitos turn to dish some punishment as he took White to school. This was abruptly stopped as White ducked a forearm and delivered a short-arm clothesline. After this, the match surprisingly began moving back and fourth, ranging for several minutes until White grabbed Saito by the throat and connected with a Choke Throw. He then dragged Saito to his feet, before stunningly getting Saito over his head and power pressing him to the mat. A flurry of stomps followed, before Saito was dragged to his feet again. In a turn of events though, he was able to throat thrust Leon, mush to the dislike of the referee, and turn the bout in his favor. The eventual Hammerlock that followed, was though countered into a gruesome Lariat. This was followed up by a giant Splash, which proved to be the decisive factor of the match as it secured the pinfall victory for Leon White. [B]Winner:[/B] Leon White[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]The AWA Blow Out! (May)[/B] [SIZE="1"]14646 in Attendance [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]The Crusher[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Heavyweight[/I] title [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] defeated [B]King Kong Brody[/B] [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] defeated [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Television[/I] title [B]Jerry Blackwell[/B] against [B]Rick Martel[/B] ended in a no contest [B][COLOR="Red"]Leon White[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B]Mr. Saito[/B] [B]Ken Patera[/B] went to a double count out with [B]Billy Robinson[/B] [B]Mike Graham[/B] defeated [B]Steve O[/B] to retain the [I]AWA Light Heavyweight[/I] title [B]Curt Henning[/B] defeated [B]David Schultz[/B] [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]Team Boom[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Big Scott Hall[/B] defeated [B]Brad Rheingans[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][COLOR="DarkRed"]25TH OF MAY[/COLOR] (1983)[/B][/CENTER] [QUOTE][RIGHT][I][B]AWA All-Stars Tour[/B] Brad Rheingans vs. Leon White, Singles[/I][/RIGHT] White was quick on the control, as he started out by delivering some brutal clubbing blows to the back Rheingans, eventually knocking him down. The usual stomping followed, but Brad managed to roll away, eventually get up and land a forearm shot. He then tried with an uppercut, but White didn't seem hurt at all as he shook it off and connected with a serious forearm blow of his own to send Rheingans down again. This time, Leon landed a elbow drop and went for an illegal choke hold, but Rheingans grabbed the bottom rope. He used the ropes for leverage and got to his feet, only to get punched on the side of the head by White. A chop was countered into a double arm takedown and Brad had the upper hand. He began punishing White with various holds, working over his body. Brad eventually dragged White to his feet, but that proved to his undoing as Leon suddenly hit a huge bodyslam followed by a kick to the head. White then grabbed the head of Brad and began viciously twisting it, before connecting with a hammering blow to the face. He punished the smaller man, until Brad was able to counter a forearm blow into a brutal-looking armbar. With White down on the mat, Brad went for the Boston Crab but Leon was quick to catch the ropes to get out of the predicament. As the two got up, White was able to land a quick kick to the gut followed by a solid double underhook suplex. A butt drop was planted right on the chest of Brad, followed by a double stomp. But as White went for a falling headbutt, Brad rolled away and White probably got himself a headache as he crashed his forehead into the canvas. Surprisingly he still had the presence of mind to fight out of a spinning toe hold, eventually getting to his feet. Although a bit groggy, he quickly grabbed Brad and connected with a giant roundhouse punch! Now both men probably had vicious headaches, as White dragged Rheingans up to this time deliver a roundhouse body punch. Leon saw his chance to score the win, as he grabbed Brad around the waist and applied the White Face Eraser. Although fighting for his life, in the end it proved to much for Rheingans as he passed out and the referee called for the bell. [B]Winner:[/B] Leon White[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][CENTER][B]AWA All-Stars Tour[/B] [SIZE="1"]6962 in Attendance [B]King Kong Brody[/B] and [B]Jesse Ventura[/B] defeated [B]Wahoo McDaniel[/B] and [B]Rick Martel[/B] [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] defeated [B]Baron Von Raschke[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Heavyweight[/I] title [B]David Schultz[/B] defeated [B]Steve O[/B] [B]Mr. Saito[/B] defeated [B]Larry Henning[/B] [B][COLOR="Red"]Leon White[/COLOR][/B] defeated [B]Brad Rheingans[/B] [B]The High Flyers[/B] defeated [B]Team Boom[/B] to retain the [I]AWA World Tag Team[/I] titles [B]Curt Henning[/B] and [B]Scott Hall[/B] defeated [B]Billy Robinson[/B] and [B]Buck Zumfhole[/B] [B]Dick The Bruiser[/B] and [B]The Crusher[/B] defeated [B]The Shieks[/B] [B]Mike Graham[/B] defeated [B]Kenny Jay[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Archived