Who really is under TNA Contract?

NickC13573

All the main stars such as Angle, Christian, Sting, Team 3D etc... are under written contracts. Just about everyone including those already mentioned can wrestle on Indy shows but through TNA's front office. Basicly everyone is under a contract, but the main stars are under a better contract. Think of it that way. I'm not in TNA, but from reports on PWInsider, that probably the way it kindof works.

All the main stars such as Angle, Christian, Sting, Team 3D etc... are under written contracts. Just about everyone including those already mentioned can wrestle on Indy shows but through TNA's front office. Basicly everyone is under a contract, but the main stars are under a better contract. Think of it that way. I'm not in TNA, but from reports on PWInsider, that probably the way it kindof works.

Think of it as kind of like an Exclusive PPA with Loan privileges. From what I've read and been told, TNA's contracts are closer to WWE's than say WCW (who paid everyone top dollar regardless of performance). I know WWE's contracts are written with a base salary (called 'downside guarantee') and bonuses tied to merchandise sales and the like but don't think TNA's contracts mirror that. I've also heard WWE is including rider clauses or language in worker contracts that has something to do with WWE Films. Basically, it seems like TNA's stars are on written contracts but are able to be loaned out to TNA's "affiliated promotions", in which case the affiliate pays the worker a fee, in addition to what TNA pays them. But when an AJ Styles signs a 5 year contract extension, it's not a vanilla PPA that lets him just bail out to WWE with a week's notice. I believe Ron Killings is/was on a written as well since [URL="http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/1433"]the talk was he wasn't going to re-sign and WWE was ready to pounce on him[/URL]. Odd way to describe it may be Written PPA with downside guarantee, though I don't think TNA can really afford to guarantee midcarders and lower midcarders $75k like the 'E has in the past.

Think of it as kind of like an Exclusive PPA with Loan privileges. From what I've read and been told, TNA's contracts are closer to WWE's than say WCW (who paid everyone top dollar regardless of performance). I know WWE's contracts are written with a base salary (called 'downside guarantee') and bonuses tied to merchandise sales and the like but don't think TNA's contracts mirror that. I've also heard WWE is including rider clauses or language in worker contracts that has something to do with WWE Films. Basically, it seems like TNA's stars are on written contracts but are able to be loaned out to TNA's "affiliated promotions", in which case the affiliate pays the worker a fee, in addition to what TNA pays them. But when an AJ Styles signs a 5 year contract extension, it's not a vanilla PPA that lets him just bail out to WWE with a week's notice. I believe Ron Killings is/was on a written as well since [URL="http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/1433"]the talk was he wasn't going to re-sign and WWE was ready to pounce on him[/URL]. Odd way to describe it may be Written PPA with downside guarantee, though I don't think TNA can really afford to guarantee midcarders and lower midcarders $75k like the 'E has in the past.

I heard somewhere he is able to work Indy Bookings if he wants along with TNA and WWE is still paying him for some reason.. He is currently scheduled to make more money in his career than Sting.. and TNA is treating him very well.. They are making sure everything between his family is good and they have doctors on him 24/7 to make sure nothing happens to him.. and he supposedly stop taking the Vicodan and other drugs. EDIT: Here are some videos/moving pictures. first a WWF No Mercy mod. [IMG]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3404/canadiandestroyer8lj.gif[/IMG] and here is Kurt Angle arriving to the Impact zone on monday. [url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=9I9PvCdYfzE[/url]

I heard somewhere he is able to work Indy Bookings if he wants along with TNA and WWE is still paying him for some reason.. He is currently scheduled to make more money in his career than Sting.. and TNA is treating him very well.. They are making sure everything between his family is good and they have doctors on him 24/7 to make sure nothing happens to him.. and he supposedly stop taking the Vicodan and other drugs. EDIT: Here are some videos/moving pictures. first a WWF No Mercy mod. [IMG]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/3404/canadiandestroyer8lj.gif[/IMG] and here is Kurt Angle arriving to the Impact zone on monday. [url]http://youtube.com/watch?v=9I9PvCdYfzE[/url]

[QUOTE=Remianen;154563]Basically, it seems like TNA's stars are on written contracts but are able to be loaned out to TNA's "affiliated promotions", in which case the affiliate pays the worker a fee, in addition to what TNA pays them.[/QUOTE] Actually, from what I've read in the WON, TNA gets the fee from the indies who wish to book their guys, and then the wrestlers get their cut of it in a lump sum every quarter. This is also, if I remember correctly, the dispute Scott Steiner has/had with regards to his contract. I believe you nailed the rest of it, though.

[QUOTE=Remianen;154563]Basically, it seems like TNA's stars are on written contracts but are able to be loaned out to TNA's "affiliated promotions", in which case the affiliate pays the worker a fee, in addition to what TNA pays them.[/QUOTE] Actually, from what I've read in the WON, TNA gets the fee from the indies who wish to book their guys, and then the wrestlers get their cut of it in a lump sum every quarter. This is also, if I remember correctly, the dispute Scott Steiner has/had with regards to his contract. I believe you nailed the rest of it, though.

Archived