Road To Success Tournament

With the tournaments XellenceOfXecution has done it got me wanting to start one (Sorry for stealing your idea) So this is [B] The Road To Success Tournament[/B] below are the rules [I]The Rules: Each group consists of 4 Superstars from all walks of life. 4 matches will take play stipulations varying constantly . A win garners the Superstar 2 points , A loss none , and A draw will garner both superstars 1 point. At the end of the 5 matches the two superstars with the lowest score will pack his things and go home and the remaining two will advance to the next round. It will continue like this until each group consist of 2 superstars each. The 2 superstars from one group will face off in a tag match against 2 superstars of another group. The losing team is out. 4 men will be left. Those 4 men will face one another in 5 matches , the superstar with the highest score is crowned the Champion [B]Win= 2 points Draw= 1 point for both superstars[/B][/I] And here are the groups: [B]Group A: [/B] Arn Anderson-[COLOR=green]Points=4[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Jack Hart[/COLOR] Bob Backlund-[COLOR=green]Points=4[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Butch Reed[/COLOR] [B]Group B:[/B] [COLOR=red]Curt Hennig[/COLOR] Dean malenko-[COLOR=green]Points=4[/COLOR] Doug Furnas-[COLOR=green]Points=4[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Matt Borne[/COLOR] [B]Group C[/B] [COLOR=red]One Man Gang[/COLOR] Ole Anderson-[COLOR=green]Points=4[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Phil Lafon[/COLOR] Rick steiner-[COLOR=green]Points=4[/COLOR] [B]Group D[/B] Marty Jannety Scott Armstrong-[COLOR=green]Points=2[/COLOR] Tom Zenk-[COLOR=green]Points=2[/COLOR] Tracey Smothers As always feel free to make predictions , suggestions and etc. I'll probably start the first match later today

Good to see someone else getting a tournament going! :D Your selection of workers is interesting and the concept sounds like fun. [U][B]My Picks[/B][/U] Group A I think [B]Backlund[/B] and [B]Anderson [/B] will advance. Group B Going with [B]Hennig[/B] and [B]Borne[/B] here. Group C [B]One Man Gang [/B] will dominate, with [B]Ole[/B] a close second. Group D I'll go with [B]Jannety[/B] and [B]Zenk[/B]. My pick to win it all...[B]One Man Gang[/B]! (But only because he absolutely crushed me twice in my Lyger dynasty!) Can't wait to see how it all pans out!

Round 1 [B]Block A[/B] [U]Match #1[/U] - [B]Jack Hart vs. Bob Backlund[/B] [I]This matchup should be a showcase of technical ability. [/I] ----- [B] Hart slips out of The Cross Face Chickenwing only to have Backlund gain control with a Hammerlock takedown and he followed up with a Full nelson Suplex for the 3 count at the 25 minute mark . Rating C+[/B] [I]-The match was nothing reverses . I (jack hart) hit several big moves but he was the better man in this case.-[/I] [U]Match #2[/U] - [B]Butch Reed vs. Arn Anderson[/B] [I] in the words of JR. this match will be a SlobberKnocker[/I] ---- [B]Reed must have a personal vendetta with Anderson , because he spent the entire match tearing into the guy. Double A fired back with as much offense as he could , but Reed was unstoppable. The ref was knocked down twice on accident during the match.At the 18 minute mark , Reed Chunked Double A over the top rope, Following up Reed grabbed the divider post and nailed Double A with it. The Referee calls for the bell . Arn Anderson wins by DQ. Reed Physically upset with the ref's decision , decides to take it out on the ref. he physically assaults the poor guy until security came out to stop him. rating=C[/B] [I] The Dq really surprised me becasue beofre the divider blast I(as Butch Reed) only did one low level cheating move. If Butch and Arn meet again I'd bet there will be harsh words and even more brutal punishment[/I] more matches to follow soon

Round 1 continued [B]Block A:[/B] [U]Match 3:[/U][B]Butch Reed vs. Jack hart[/B] [I]Not too sure how this match will end hopefully not another DQ though[/I] -------- [B] Jack hart put up an amazing fight by focusing on Reed's legs , but the big man was jsut to tough to take down. at the 20 minute mark Jack hart was forced to submit after a bearhug by Reed. match Rating: D[/B] [I] I wanted a challenge so I played as hart. The beginning portions of the match were hard hitting casue I didn't get in any offense.[/I] [U]Match 4:[/U][B]Bob Backlund vs. Arn Anderson[/B] [I]The winner of this match will Secure his spot while the other will face Butch Reed[/I] -------- [B]Bob backlund had a big fight on his hands in this match but somhow he overcame the odds. After taking 8 Twisting Spinebusters , and 4 regular spinebusters from Double A. Backlund Hit the Theze Press for the victory at 35 minutes. Rating: C[/B] [I]Another great match. I tried my best to make Arn submit to the Crossface Chickenwing , but it was no go. Guess its destiny cause Arn will face Reed once again[/I]

[B]Block A:[/B] [U]Match 5:[/U][B]Butch Reed vs. Arn Anderson[/B] [I]Will Anderson get revenge , or will Reed Dominate and disregard the rulebook. The Loser will follow in Jack hart's footsteps and pack their backs for home[/I] -------- [B] Before the match , the ref issued a warning to Reed , if he used any under handed tactics , the ref would immediately disqualify him.Both wrestlers stayed within the ring for this one , and Double A Arn Anderson escaped a big shoulder tackle only to get a surge of energy and hit The Gourdbuster for the 3 count at the 32 minute mark for a C+ rating[/B] [I] Played as Double A this time and Reed is a tough cookie , I got luckie hitting the Gourdbuster becasue i used some spirit points. Jack Hart and Butch Reed are out of the tourney. Bob backlund and Arn Anderson can take a break now while the other blocks fight it out[/I]

Round 1 [B]Block B:[/B] [U]Match 1:[/U][B]Matt Borne vs. Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Malenko should showcase his awesome technical skills , but Borne might have the edge needed to topple Malenko[/I] -------- [B] In what could only be called match of the century , Borne and Malenko fought for 82 minutes with back and forth action. Dean malenko took 14 Double Arm DDT's and seven Abdominal Stretches but he refused to give up. Borne took several Throw-down Spinebusters and suffered through 8 Texas Cloverleafs. Both guys refused to give up or get pinned. The ending saw Malenko reverse a Borne hammerlock into a sleeper. Borne tried hsi best to fight it but he succumbed to the sleeper. 92 minutes long with a rating of C+[/B] [I] Played as Matt Borne nad it was a fight. After hitting several Double arm DDT's and busting Dean open I tried for the pin but no luck. the same went for submissions as well. I took his his head health all the way to zero and yet he wouldn't submit to a sleeper and other submissions including the pin.[/I]

it's the longest match I've had since playing Wrestling Spirit. Malenko is a hoss I mean their wasn't a submission move he didn't break out of and the 70 minute mark i thought about quitting and restarting but I stuck with it

[B]Block B:[/B] [U]Match 2:[/U][B]Curt Hennig vs. Doug Furnas[/B] [I]Hinnig a master in the ring should be able to sweep a pinfall out from under , the unknown, Furnas's feet. [/I] -------- [B] What a big upset. Curt Hennig came into the match expecting to pin this unknown star in record time. Boy was he fooled. Furnas hit the Thesz Press for the pinfall at the 23 minute mark for a D rating[/B] [I] Played as Hennig again this guy surprised me with the quick victory because nothing I did would keep him down[/I]

[B]Block B:[/B] [U]Match 2:[/U][B]Doug Furnas vs. Matt Borne[/B] [I]The maniac Matt Borne will face off with Doug Furnas , who is now claiming himself as The new Mr. Perfect. Looks like his win over Curt Hennig has gotten to his head. [/I] -------- [B] Doug entered this match with an ego bigger than Yokozuna , but some how he managed to pin the Maniac Matt Borne with a Thesz press at the 31 minute mark for a D rating. Physical out-wrestled Matt offers his hand in respect but Doug spits on him causing the Maniac to snap taking out the nearby referee and Doug himself. [/B] [I] Played as Matt Born and I had everything going fine , controlling the pace of the match and everything. The ref accidently gets knocked down so I throw Doug over the top. I follow up and take it hardcore by ramming his head in the nearby table. After several minutes Doug blindsides me and rolls me in the ring and hits the Thesz press for the 3 count. my energy level was medium and all my body parts were in good shape but somehow he got the pinfall. heck I even used the Spirit but it didn't help[/I]

[QUOTE=Dochappy][B]... Thesz press for the 3 count. my energy level was medium and all my body parts were in good shape but somehow he got the pinfall. heck I even used the Spirit but it didn't help[/I][/QUOTE] Wha...? That's really weird, considering the Thesz Press is a Finisher. You may be playing with an older version, when it was a High Level move - but even that wouldn't make sense. You were at Medium?

[B]Block B:[/B] [U]Match 3:[/U][B]Curt Hennig vs. Dean Malenko[/B] [I]Hennig will come into this match looking for a win. Absolutely livid after losing to Doug Furnas , Curt has something to prove this time around. Dean will try to take the offensive and garner himself 2 more points[/I] -------- [B] Curt Hennig made up for his loss to Doug Furnas by hitting the Hennig-Plex on a tired Dean Malenko. hennig won but not without trouble Malenko continued to wear down Hennig's leg with several texas cloverleafs but it just wouldn't do. Hennig got the pin via hennig-Plex at the 32 minute mark for a C rating[/B] [I] Played Dean Malenko and having only 10 spirit points really hurt me this go around due to hennig having 42. hennig tried for the hennig-plex 4 times all reversed or escaped by me except the last one.[/I]

[B]Block B:[/B] [U]Match 4:[/U][B]Curt Hennig vs. Dean Malenko Redux[/B] [I]The winner of this match will tag with Doug Furnas against Arn Anderson and Bob backlund. In their first matchup Hennig got the best of Malenko with the Hennig Plex.[/I] -------- [B] Malenk entered into the match a dedicated individual. he was focused on one then and that was taking out Hennig's legs making him easy pickings for the texas Cloverleaf. Hennig controlled the match for the most part until he threw Deran over the ropes. Dean ,in a sudden rage , entered the ring and went to work on hennig's leg with elboy drops , and knee breakers. Hennig having seen enough whips Dean into the rops and trys to hit The Axe , but Dean ducks and floors Curt with a clothesline and locks hennig in a crucifix leg bar at the 25 minute mark for a D rating[/B] [I]Playing as Hennig this time and despite the difference in Spirit points , Dean still was able to take me out. I over estimated him.Dean Malenko and Doug Furnas move on to face Arn Anderson and Bob backlund[/I]

[B]Block C:[/B] [U]Match 1:[/U][B]One Man Gang vs. Rick Steiner[/B] [I]A battle between the big boys. No telling who will win this one but one thing is for certain , it will be a brawl[/I] -------- [B]The match was a real big brawl both guys ended up bleeding. Steiner kept going even when he gassed out and luckily it piad off for him becasue One Man Gang got tired of Steiner getting back up and threw him over the top rope. The ref quickly calls for the DQ. Rick Steiner wins by disqualification.[/B] [I]Played as OMG and Steiner wouldn't stay down so I chunk him form the ring(over the top)I forgot earlier in the match I did a few rope rakes so the ref immediately called for the bell[/I]

[B]Block C:[/B] [U]Match 2:[/U][B]Ole Anderson vs. Phil Lafon[/B] [I]Will Ole reign supreme in this block as Arn did in block A ? or Will Phil lafon surprise everyone like Doug Furnas[/I] -------- [B]Ole Anderson brought his A+ game with him as he dominated the younger Lafon. Anderson worked the arms the entire match and made the young stud submit at the 23 minute mark with a Step-over Armbar for a D rating[/B] [I]Played as lafon and thought I had the match for a while we were both in danger and he reversed rapid fire dropkicks and applied the step-over arm bar for the submission victory.[/I]

[B]Block C:[/B] [U]Match 3:[/U][B]Ole Anderson vs.One Man Gang[/B] [I]Will Ole Anderson be able to topple the big man known as One Man Gang.[/I] -------- [B]Ole Anderson made short work of One Man Gang. The first opening minutes of the match saw ole working the legs of OMG , but he soon realised that it wasn't working so he switched to working on the arms. OMG rebounded with some great offense , but he was soon busted open by an Anderson running knee. Anderson and OMG were gassed out but luckily Ole gathered enough strength to lock in the Step over armbar for the submission victory at 29 minutes for a C+ rating[/B] [I]Played as Ole Anderson , and pretty much controlled the entire match , tried for the step over armbar several times but he kept reaching to the rops so I used some of ym spirit and wham it was over.[/I]

Ole rocks at this point. This is only a year (or so) off of his amazing teaming with Stan Hansen, so Anderson is still hot. One Man Gang should have gotten that victory against Steiner - and probably would have, had he not blown his stack. :) His loss to Ole isn't very surprising, really - Ole can tear people apart. Great tourny!

[B]Block C:[/B] [U]Match 4:[/U][B]Rick Steiner vs. Phil Lafon[/B] [I]lafon hasn't faired to well so far , but if he can sneak a win past Rick he'll have to go on and face Rick once more to determine who will stay or who will go.[/I] -------- [B]Rick Steiner came out swinging as did Lafon. Rick busted lafon open and hit several belly to Belly suplexs. After a running Somoan headbutt , Rick tried for the pin only for lafon to kick out. With his energy boost, lafon went on to hit 4 Thesz presses and on the last one he got the pinfal victory over Rick at the 34 minute mark for a B- rating[/B] [I]Played as Rick and I just couldn't keep the young guy down. I was really wanting Rick to win this one but they'll have to face each other again so maybe Steiner can make up for the loss.[/I] [B]Block C:[/B] [U]Match 5:[/U][B]Rick Steiner vs. Phil Lafon Redux[/B] [I]Lafon some how escaped fate last match and beat Steiner with the Thesz press. Will he be able to do it again or will Steiner beat the victory out of him ? The winner of this match will team up with Ole Anderson.[/I] -------- [B]lafon entered this match looking to take out the big guy. he took big risks in which cost him the match. After hitting several nice dropkicks. lafon climed to the top to try for a Top Rope Elbow Drop. he posed to long and Rick rushed forward and slammed him to the mat. Seconds later Rick lifted lafon up and hit a running headbutt to seal the deal at 26 minutes for a C rating[/B] [I]Played as Lafon and had it won up until the end blasted Rick rushing up and slamming me down.[/I]

[B]Block D:[/B] [U]Match 1:[/U][B]Marty Jannety vs. Scott Armstrong[/B] [I]Marty jannety ,master of the rocker droper , will face off against a man that has a wrestling as a tradition , Scott armstrong[/I] -------- [B]Jannety came into the match looking sluggish in which affected the outcome of the match. Scott kept his head clear and was 2 steps ahead of Jannety the entire match. 16 minutes in Scott hits the Thesz press for the 3 count to gain a C rating[/B] [I]Played as Marty and I started downhill. I was able to hit a few moves here and there but for the most part Scott owned me[/I] [B]Block D:[/B] [U]Match 2:[/U][B]Tom Zenk vs. Tracey Smothers[/B] [I]Will the grizzled veteran be able to tame the young beast within Tom Zenk ?[/I] -------- [B]The Younger of the two , Tom Zenk was able to out manuever Smothers and tire him out enough to roll him up with the small package at 22 minutes for a D rating[/B] [I]Played as Smothers and again I'm surprised at the loss[/I]

Archived