I was wondering about how the AI works with Yearly PPV or events period. Does it have a seperate function for popularity, then your weekly events? Also, when using the brand split options, is it seperated at all? I know the answer for the second part, partially. I know if I have a wonderfull Brand 1 rated show, that I will go up (if My popularity isn't higher then my card). I also know if my second brand has a bad show, it will effect the overall popularity of my promotion as well. My question is on the events themselves though. If my weekly show event is ussually better then my second weekly show, will it make a difference with my viewers? Will more people toon in each week to see brand 1, as opposed to the crummy shows on brand 2? Or do they counteract each other, and the viewer ratio goes on whatever my last show was? Also, are the Yearly events seperate, as far as viewers as well? Will my March PPV have more people then my October one (under the same circumstances as far as world economy, etc.), if my March PPV is always alot better then my October PPV? Or does everything count on everything? Hope I was able to actually make my question understandable.

I clearly understand what you mean; The same things was discussed on another topic where someone asked about event prestige (Wrestlemania is huge because it is Wrestle-f'n-mania, everyone knows it, and whether the card sucks, they'll still buy it) so I really don't know. Like Adam said, you really have to plan it beforehand, and make it your own Wrestlemania with long advance booking and storyline planning :) About the brandsplit thing hmm.. I don't know. That which side I am on. Whether to have brand popularity divided, or to have the same popularity on both show's. I guess it's just the matter of balancing your brands, there shouldn't be an A and a B-show, like in WWE :/

I clearly understand what you mean; The same things was discussed on another topic where someone asked about event prestige (Wrestlemania is huge because it is Wrestle-f'n-mania, everyone knows it, and whether the card sucks, they'll still buy it) so I really don't know. Like Adam said, you really have to plan it beforehand, and make it your own Wrestlemania with long advance booking and storyline planning :) About the brandsplit thing hmm.. I don't know. That which side I am on. Whether to have brand popularity divided, or to have the same popularity on both show's. I guess it's just the matter of balancing your brands, there shouldn't be an A and a B-show, like in WWE :/

Really wasn't thinking of WWE, possibly for an example, but was thinking about uniqueness more then anything. I would like to split my roster in two, or have two shows for one brand, or something similar. One where I can showcase my younger less over talent, so I can bassically do what development should do. THis is not possible, as the AI will not do what you would want for development, so was thinking this as an alternative way to kill two birds so to speak. I want to still have development promotions, but I would like a show to showcase the less over people on my roster, as well as possibly train the more over people that bassically are not that great in certain area's. Using WWE as an example, a Place where I can have John Cena wrestle a great technician (for example), and improve on Cena's technical wrestling capabilities in the ring... going beyond realism a little perhaps, but I'm sure this is done in different promotions worldwide.... I would think.

I think a good way around that is to have mostly younger people on the show with a few mid card "veterans" to help them out. You can have people with decent popularity and great performance skills to anchor your show. In reality, this is what would be needed to be done anyways so you can actually train the young workers in the ring. This will bring up your younger guys and still provide decent ratings for your development show.

[QUOTE=shipshirt;160061]I think a good way around that is to have mostly younger people on the show with a few mid card "veterans" to help them out. You can have people with decent popularity and great performance skills to anchor your show. In reality, this is what would be needed to be done anyways so you can actually train the young workers in the ring. This will bring up your younger guys and still provide decent ratings for your development show.[/QUOTE] I will try this, but I cancelled my other show, lol. I will probably want to start it again in 14 days (thats in game). What I did was used older and newer together, and put bassically them up against each other, and tried to hold the show together with some promotional hype angles and stuff. My show got a C rating, which is unexceptible right now, as I am global (finally), and have been putting on nothing but A rated (average) shows. The occasional B has not hurt me, but that C will hurt me too much. That C rating would have been higher if I put on the same show when I was National. They seem to expect to see your top worker's no matter what you do when booking a show, even if it's late at night, and only one hour long. However, I did feel that I could have booked a better show, especially if I had booked it ahead of time, but I don't know HOW much better I could have done it. I am Sports Entertainment for this promotion, and I was really hoping to pull this off. I want to use these people, because well.... I feel in Real life they get the short end of the stick, so I want to give them the chance of a lifetime so to speak. I have FOUR (4) Development promotions, and my roster is very large (counting them). I am ready to start retiring a few off my roster, as they are getting old. Ric Flair retired himself, so that left a slot opened, which I was easily able to fill. However, if I was to bring 10 more people on board, I would end up with 8 of them being backstage workers for sure (10 from my development). I haven't done it "exactly" like your suggesting though, so I guess I can try this again, but if it doesn't hold any weight, back to the Development they go!! lol. I hired alot of younger talent (low 20's, down to 18 years old), as well as some newly generated workers (no pics for them), and some of their stats are just incredible... even the entertainment aspects of especially one of them. But using them for any length of time gets me a message, you used such and such too much.

Archived