Wii Are Rather Frustrated.

Thomnipotent

So I pre-ordered the beautiful Wii. On launch date, the store I pre-ordered with simply [I]didn't get any shipped in.[/I] I go back yesterday and they tell me that their store was left off the Wii shipping list. Funny, that... because I'd already called the other stores in the state that must've also been miraculously "left off the Wii shipping list." So now I'm stuck hitting up EBs and GameStops right when their shipments come in. Man, even Sears is sold out (even though, when I first stopped off, they told me they had two which had just been shipped in; they then came from the backroom and said they'd been sold that morning). The frustrating part is that I have five games, two of which I've played on a Wii that a friend got after camping outside a Wal-Mart. How is everyone else doing with the Wii? Having troubles?

[QUOTE=Thomnipotent;161215]How is everyone else doing with the Wii? Having troubles?[/QUOTE] Got mine on release day, just like the PS3. Blatant case of cronyism at its finest. The Wii release has been nothing like the PS3 though. There have been no shortages that I'm aware of in metropolitan New York. I know of a dozen stores here that have them in stock and that's just the ones I've passed by or been in. I think it depends largely on your area. Outside of the larger cities (NYC, Atlanta, Chicago, LA, San Diego, etc), I'd say check the rural locations if you're in the States. I know when the 360 came out, Atlanta stores sold out in hours but a 1-2 hour drive to rural Alabama and there were stores with several units in stock that weren't moving (partly because the locals couldn't afford them). May not seem like it's worth it, but make friends with your regular spots. I learned that when I worked at EB years ago. When Super Mario 3 came out, it was a feeding frenzy. But the regular customers who came in a lot, got stuff held for them and got their games even BEFORE pre-orders were filled (right or wrong, it happens all the time, to this day). When you go to pre-order and the salesperson says, "Don't worry about it. I got you.", that to me is worth a ton more than my name on a pre-order list.

Well the controls [I]CAN[/I] be a bit of a pain in the ass, but the sword fighting and the precision you can have once you get use to the controls rocks like no other game I have ever played before. I really like the game and I have a lot of fun with it. I also love Wii Sports and just got done with a 3 inning game of baseball which I won and a 3 hole game of golf which I got a +6 on (I totally suck at golf). I also have Trauma Center which is very cool as well. Overall I give the launch lineup for the Wii a B. Developers need to really learn how to use these innovative new controls and put them to good use.

Has anybody played Madden? I'm not usually a big sports guy (although I love the sports bundle and will be playing bowling for hours), but I'd really like to see what they did with the controls. It doesn't seem possible to convert Madden to the Wii controls, y'know? But they did it. I'll be camping out in front of GameStop tomorrow (BLACK FRIDAY!!!) because they're getting a shipment. I don't mean to be morbid here, but I sure hope they let me bring the Wii to chemo... they have a TV, so I don't see why I shouldn't be able to hook it up. :P Happy T-Bird Day to all of you crazy GDS Forum kids. You're wonderful, terrific people. :)

Archived