Won National Title: Lost prestige and budget dollars

I dont get this... I got a C in meeting expectations for the year and i lost 200,000 out of my budget, and didnt even end the season in the top 25 after I won the playoffs.... this gotta be messed up. I was 7-5 but I won the ACC championship game to get a bid to the playoffs. My hurricanes then beat 4 ranked teams in the playoffs to win the title..and then the above happened.... Ridiculous lol..

I've noticed that when I get big bumps from overacheiving in past season, I get big hits when I don't meet the boards expectations. Maybe you got a couple really big budget raises in the last few years? You beat 4 ranked teams, what was your overall schedule strength? What was your starting prestige? The higher prestige you have to start with, the higher the demands to maintain it. Winning the championship doesn't mean much for the polls either. If you finished 7-5 its pretty doubtful your getting into the top 25 even with a really strong schedule.

Well, on the plus side. I've also noticed that years when my budget got slammed are generally followed by increases in the following year even with less then perfect results. So one thing to look forward too, you'll probably get a big boost next season as long as you improve your regular season record :)

Yeah I'm thinking of going back to Bowl game mode... can that be done mid game or do I have to create a new league? I won back to back playoffs BTW... i'm still learning the game thats why I chose Miami..... once i get the hang of it a little more I will go to my old home town school USF Bulls since i moved to Miami a few months ago i might try FIU or FAU lol...

Archived