House Shows in TEW 2007

One thing that was a problem in TEW 2005 was that you can not put on House Shows with less than 10 people on written contracts. This was a problem because when using real data sets like DOTT it is very unusual and even difficult to get that many people on written contracts. Another nice tweak would be to allow users to set which workers are doing the House Shows. This way you could control who was going to which shows and who gets rest, etc. Might be too late but House Shows did need some fixing from TEW 2005. Thanks

It does appear that you can control who is working House Shows, however you still can only have people with written contracts work the House Shows. This is a flaw in the game that needs attention otherwise real data sets like DOTT will not be able to run house shows which is not good. Hopefully Adam will see this but if you know him please point him in this direction.

It seems pretty normal to me that you decide who's working the house shows and who isn't. You are obviously the booker and need to manage your own shows. Write it on a blocnote or something, but we can't expect nearly all the booking (xcept the pairing) is done for us already.

Did they have house shows in the territory days? I cant imagine they did. To run a show in a different region almost every night you would need people on written contracts and you'd need a few of them, surely thats pretty real to life? And if you could have house shows with PPA wrestlers you'd lose way more money than you'd bring in.

One thing about house shows I always did want to have in the game was picking the main events of the house shows. Just the main events for the current week, nothing more. I think picking the main event in the house shows is quite a challenge as you don't want to pick anything too special but you still have to draw interest from the fans. The main events you pick could therefore be an indicator if your house shows would actually succeed or not. Just an idea.

Putting together the pairings would cover that - although I believe you have to use a certain amount of lead-in time to see any of the results the feature is intended for. Still, you could book DX vs. Team RKO and be fairly sure that'll be the main event on any given show, if I've read it correctly.

[QUOTE=James Casey;163043]Putting together the pairings would cover that - although I believe you have to use a certain amount of lead-in time to see any of the results the feature is intended for. Still, you could book DX vs. Team RKO and be fairly sure that'll be the main event on any given show, if I've read it correctly.[/QUOTE] So do you have to book the entire house show or just certain matches?

[QUOTE=DocStevens;163048]Well I guess that is that and now I know my place. :([/QUOTE] Sorry, I'm sure the usual suspects will be posting soon to attack me over this, but that's just the way things are - I'll listen to suggestions for additions and improvements, but the bottom line is that this isn't a democracy, final say in what goes into the game is solely mine. In this case, you think part of the game is flawed, I think you're wrong - end of story.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;163049]Sorry, I'm sure the usual suspects will be posting soon to attack me over this, but that's just the way things are - I'll listen to suggestions for additions and improvements, but the bottom line is that this isn't a democracy, final say in what goes into the game is solely mine. In this case, you think part of the game is flawed, I think you're wrong - end of story.[/QUOTE] I accept your decision but at least let me more fully explain my reasoning for allowing House Shows to use workers on PPA contracts. Back in the 70/80s the wrestling business was nothing but House Shows. Companies would tour their region (not the entire country) and put on live shows every night. There were not that many TV shows and of course no PPVs. The business was nothing like the Sports Entertainment madness that most people have grown up on. Also almost nobody had written contracts back in the old times because most people worked for several companies at once. Bottom line is that under the current environment it is impossible to recreate the early days of the game and correctly play the most popular mod in the community (DOTT). If you don't want to change that is fine, like you said it is not a democracy nor should it be. BUT at least understand where I am coming from and know that I only want the game to be better and be capable of recreating the BEST time in wrestling history!! Long live TEW!

I understood the point you were making, but I believe you're misunderstanding the game mechanics. What you're referring to - a high frequency of small shows using non-exclusive talent - would be simulated by using either a touring schedule or the use of lots of smaller events. While the shows you are talking about may have been called house shows in reality, they are NOT the same as the house shows in TEW terms. If you tried to run a promotion in TEW using nothing but house shows, nothing would ever happen, as house shows are not bookable. Therefore your idea does not work, which is why I am rejecting it.

I think your wording was a bit more harsh then you meant it to be Doc, and as your talking about someone else's work, it's hard not to take something like that personal, although I doubt Adam took it personal. You believe that this is a problem. I looked at what you first said, [QUOTE]One thing that was a problem in TEW 2005 was that you can not put on House Shows with less than 10 people on written contracts. This was a problem because when using real data sets like DOTT it is very unusual and even difficult to get that many people on written contracts. [/QUOTE] And I believe this is supposed to be how it would be/was and will be in the future... I know many of the promotions in DOTT have extremely high prestige when looking back at them, however, they were not big enough (most of them) to have house shows. I don't remember alot of, or really hardly any touring at all back then. They held shows, maybe had a place to practice (probably before the shows), and when they had people pay, it was to see thier shows, not for house shows.. ALthough, you can actually do this differently, or look at it differently. You can hold very small little events to simulate house shows (as this would literally be smaller then house shows per say, as your thinking about them). That's how I did when I tried to run a smaller promotion, and start with nothing. I used small shows about three times a week, and kept doing that till my popularity rose enough to have the next level of shows.. I did this (not sure how long) till I was able to get a good sized show, at least once a week. Now, this was very long, and took alot of time. Look at it this way, if you could have house shows (which only hold your popularity, not increase it) with a backyard type of promotion, how realistic is it? Your main shows would be less of a show then a national level promotions actual house shows... Your building up your popularity, and do not have any way to hold a house show without a house to build it off of... National level allows the AI to simulate what you need to be doing as a smaller promotion week in and week out (if you want to get popular anytime soon). This is how the game is molded. AWA didn't have a big touring schedule of house shows back in the day, neither did WWWF, etc.. Look at it this way.. One of the challenges to DOTT is to be able to break out of the mold, and go national, get written contracts, and hold house shows till your at global status, and try to hold onto that status. Or, you might want to be able to vary your roster from week to week, and just hire on various different workers, keeping the ones you feel our an asset to your company, and as your popularity increases, so does your roster as well as the ability to hire written workers. Hardest thing to this game is starting with a promotion that cannot use written contracts, and try to evolve into one that can. Bah, my post is just like what Adam said, Just my opinion. I'm just trying to give MY understanding of the game, not in any way saying that I am correct and someone else is wrong.

Archived