St. Louis Wrestling Club: Return to the Glory Days

[CENTER]St. Louis Wrestling Club Introduction & Information[/CENTER] [QUOTE][CENTER][SIZE="3"]St. Louis Wrestling Club[/SIZE] [IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/SLWCLogo.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE="2"][I]Basic Info[/I][/SIZE] [U]Basic Information[/U] Company Name: St. Louis Wrestling Club Owner: Sam Muchnick Size: Regional Money: $100,000 Style: Pure Location: Mid West(USA) Start Date: Monday, Week 1, January, 1983 [SIZE="2"][I]Staff Info[/I][/SIZE] [U]Booking Team[/U] Sam Muchnick [U]Road Agents[/U] Sam Muchnick [SIZE="2"][U]Title Info[/U][/SIZE] [U]NWA Missouri Heavyweight Title[/U] Holder: Harley Race [SIZE="2"][I]Roster Info[/I][/SIZE] [U]Main Event Babyfaces[/U] Jack Brisco Ric Flair [U]Main Event Heels[/U] Greg Valentine Harley Race Ken Patera King Kong Brody [U]Upper Midcard Babyfaces[/U] Baron Von Raschke David Von Erich Kerry Von Erich Dick the Bruiser Dory Funk Jr. [U]Upper Midcard Heels[/U] Dick Murdoch Ox Baker Ted DiBiase [U]Midcard Babyfaces[/U] Bob Sweetan Bobby Duncum Sr. Rufus R. Jones Rick Martel Manny Fenandez [U]Midcard Heels[/U] Bob Orton Jr. Butch Reed Crusher Blackwell [U]Lower Midcard Babyfaces[/U] Bob Brown Buzz Tyler [U]Lower Midcard Heels[/U] Dewey Robertson Kim Duk Roger Kirby [U]Opener Babyfaces[/U] Mike George [U]Opener Heels[/U] Art Crews Crusher Ayala Hercules Hernandez Jerry Brown [U]Announcers[/U] Larry Matysik [U]Color Commentators[/U] Joe Garagiola [U]Referees[/U] Sonny Myers [U]Road Agents[/U] Sam Muchnick [SIZE="2"][I]TV Schedule Info[/I][/SIZE] [U]Wrestling at the Chase[/U] Length: 1 Hour Held On: Saturday Taped On: Saturday Time: 7:00 Channel: TV Local - Mid West II [SIZE="2"][I]Event Schedule Info [/I][/SIZE] [U]Wrestling at the Checkerdome[/U] Day: Friday Week: Two Month: Every Month Size: Medium[/QUOTE]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=D16NJD16;163653]Did you read Wrestling at The Chase?[/QUOTE] Nope, can't said I did. Looks like an interesting read, though. I have always been interested in the wrestling scene in St. Louis. My mom says she used to watch Wrestling at the Chase when she was younger.

[QUOTE=D16NJD16;163657]I was almost certain that's where you got the idea to do this from. If you actually are interested in the old St. Louis scene, it's a must read.[/QUOTE] I just may have to read it sometime. I always wished St. Louis' wrestling tradition would come alive again. Missouri used to be a 'hotbed' for wrestling with Central States and St. Louis Wrestling Club.

Absolutely agree 100% with d16njd16 that you need to read "Wrestling at the Chase" before venturing into this. Also, there are like 12 DVD's worth of Wrestling at the Chase available at HighSpots.com. You may want to watch some (or all) of those to get a real feel for the promotion. It was great growing up watching the program and going to the matches at Kiel. If Sam Muchnick had been 20 years younger, Vince Jr. would never have gotten away with destroying the NWA. Good luck........if you need any info, just holler, playa, and I'll give ya what I got.

[QUOTE=nimo34;163652][CENTER]St. Louis Wrestling Club Introduction & Information[/CENTER][/QUOTE] You might want to fix that to Wrestling at the CheckerDOME. That was the name of the old arena (later re-named to St. Louis Arena) that they ran, in addition to the shows at the old Kiel. I'll always remember Larry Matisyk's voice starting off a Wrestling at the Chase episode with "Last Friday night, at the Kiel, Harley Race..." :-) Good luck with this - I grew up on Wrestling at the Chase and Georgia Championship Wrestling - along with Angelo Poffo's International Championship Wrestling out of Lexington, KY.

[QUOTE=JeremyL;163755]You might want to fix that to Wrestling at the CheckerDOME. That was the name of the old arena (later re-named to St. Louis Arena) that they ran, in addition to the shows at the old Kiel.[/QUOTE] Most monthly cards were held at Kiel Auditorium. Cards were held only once or twice a year at the 'Dome. Just a note on the Arena: The building was originally called the St. Louis Arena; it was built in the mid-to-late '20s , I think...no later than the early '30s. The building had little work done to it until the Solomon's purchased the building from William Wertz after being awarded the Blues expansion franchise. That's when the building was extensively renovated. When Ralston-Purina bought the Blues, they changed the name to the Checkerdome, and when they sold the hockey team, the name was changed back to the Arena. There is nothing but an overgrown empty lot where the old barn used to stand.....many a tear were shed the day the old lady came down............:(

I remember when the arena was demolished. It closed it doors when I was pretty young so I don't remember too much about it. The only event I ever went to at it was the Harlem Globetrotters. I remember riding by it though and seeing it abandoned. Good luck with this, and hopefully you can keep the St. Louis Wrestling scene alive longer than it actually did. You're right when you say it needs to return as well, GCW just doesn't really cut it.

[QUOTE=snowy mcblow;163794]BTW------ Larry Matysik has a great web site on WATC at [url]www.stlwrestlingfromthechase.com/main.html[/url] Check it out!!![/QUOTE] That is where I got most of the roster info from. I just looked at some of the programs they had from that time period, and put some of the people on there.

Sorry, just a couple of things........Ted DiBiase should be a face, not a heel. This is when he first started out........I think he turned after Vince signed him. Also, Brody, Robertson, and Crews were face, and Raschke, Sweetan, Bob Brown, and Tyler were heels. Color commentator was Mickey Garagiola. His brother Joe was the original host of WATC, but was gone long before Mickey came on the scene. Sonny Myers rarely refereed in St. Louis. He mostly worked in KC. St. Louis refs were Charles Venater, Joe Schoenberger, Joe Tangaro, Chuck and Lee Warren, and Chuck Riley. And I told myself I wouldn't do this.........................(sigh)

[QUOTE=snowy mcblow;163802]Sorry, just one thing........Ted DiBiase should be a face, not a heel. This is when he first started out........I think he turned after Vince signed him.[/QUOTE] In a Pure format character alignment doesn't really matter, but thanks for the heads up.

[CENTER]Monday Show Results Tuesday, Week 1, January, 1983[/CENTER] [QUOTE][U]G.L.O.W. Results[/U] [B]The Cheerleaders[/B] def. Corporate Kelly and Attache to retain the [B]G.L.O.W. Tag Team Titles[/B] [B]Olympia[/B] def. Spyke [B]Matilda the Hun[/B] def. Mountai Fiji [B]California Doll[/B] def. Ashley Cartier [U]AJPW King's Road Results[/U] [B]Motoshi Okuma[/B] def. Shiro Koshinaka [B]Apollo Suguhara[/B] def. Mitsaharu Misawa [B]Ashura Hara and Rocky Hata[/B] def. The Great Kabuki and Umanosuke Ueda [B]Takashi Ishikawa and Akio Sato[/B] def. Chavo Guerrero Sr. and Magic Dragon [B]Mighty Inoue[/B] def. Hiromichi Fuyuki Goro Tsurumi drew with Genichiro Tenryu [B]Mil Mascaras[/B] def. Great Kojika [B]Atsushi Onita[/B] def. Mitsuo Momota to retain the [B]NWA International Junior Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Dory Funk Jr.[/B] def. Terry Funk [B]Giant Baba and Jumbo Tsuruta[/B] def. Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody to retain the [B]NWA International Tag Team Titles[/B] [U]IWA XxXPlosive Results [/U] [B]Doug Furnas[/B] def. Bob Della Serra [B]Le Bourreau[/B] def. Armand Rougeau [B]Tony Parisi and Dino Bravo[/B] def. Gilles Poisson and Sailor White [B]Raymond Rougeau[/B] def. Pierre Lefebvre [B]Gino Brito[/B] def. Michael Dubois [B]Rick Martel[/B] def. Jacques Rougeau [U]UWA Todas Las Estrellas En Viaje! Results[/U] [B]El Hijo del Diablo, Feddy Rodriguez, and Enrique Vera[/B] def. Ringo Mendoza, Super Kendo, and La Parka [B]Dos Caras[/B] def. Rey Misterio [B]Villano I, Doink the Clown, and Negro Casas[/B] def. Fantasma, Mascara Sagrada, Octagon [B]El Texano, Solar, and Villano III[/B] def. Villano IV, Lobo Rubio, Dr. Wagner Jr. [B]El Solitario[/B] def. Gran Apache for the [B]UWA World Middleweight Title [/B] El Matematico and Perro Aguayo drew with El Audaz and El Signo [U]ASW On Tour Results[/U] [B]Dean Ho[/B] def. Rick Davis and Wojo The B.C. Hulk [B]Bob Brown[/B] def. Randy Rich [B]Honky Tonk Man[/B] def. Jeff Costa [B]Timothy Flowers[/B] def. Rick Patterson [B]Oly Olsen[/B] def. Terry Adonis for the [B]All-Star Television Title[/B] [B]Buzz Tyler[/B] def. Moondog Morretti [B]Al Tomko[/B] def. Moose Morowski for the [B]Canadian Heavyweight Title[/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER]Tuesday Show Results Wednesday, Week 1, January, 1983[/CENTER] [QUOTE][U]WWF Championship Wrestling Results[/U] [B]The Strongbows[/B] def. Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee to retain the [B]WWF Tag Team Titles[/B] [B]The Iron Sheik[/B] def. S.D. Jones [B]Pedro Morales[/B] def. Big John Studd to retain the [B]WWF Intercontinental Title[/B] [B]Bob Backlund[/B] def. Ray Stevens to retain the [B]WWF World Heavyweight Title[/B] [U]AJPW Puroresu Chukei Results[/U] [B]Akio Sato[/B] def. Mitsuharu Misawa [B]Goro Tsurumi[/B] and Great Kojika def. Takashi Ishikawa and Ashura Hara Mighty Inoue drew with The Great Kabuki [B]Jumbo Tsuruta[/B] def. Bruiser Brody to retain the [B]NWA United National Heavyweight Title[/B] [U]CSW Results[/U] [B]Ben Bassarab[/B] def. Hiro Saito [B]Mr. Hito[/B] def. Owen Hart [B]Bruce Hart[/B] def. Bad News Allen to retain the British Commonwealth Heavyweight Title [B]The Karachi Vice Kingpins[/B] def. The Bulldogs [U]MACW In Your Town! Results[/U] [B]Wahoo McDaniel and Jay Youngblood[/B] def. King Kong Mosca and Don Kernodle [B]Greg Valentine[/B] def. Mark Youngblood [B]Assassin #1 and Sgt. Slaughter[/B] def. The Mulkey Brothers [B]Roddy Piper[/B] def. Jimmy Valiant [B]Rufus R. Jones and Bugsy McGraw[/B] def. Nikita Koloff and George South [B]Pvt. Jim Nelson[/B] def. Assassin #2 for the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title Jack Brisco drew with Harley Race [B]Ric Flair[/B] def. Ivan Koloff to retain the [B]NWA World Heavyweight Title[/B] [U]NJPW Strong Style Results[/U] [B]Tiger Mask[/B] def. The Cobra and Kuniaki Kobayashi to retain the [B]WWF Junior Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Antonio Inoki and Akira Maeda[/B] def. Masa Saito and Riki Choshu [B]Abdullah the Butcher and Yoshiaki Yatsu[/B] def. Seiji Sakaguchi and Dick Murdoch [B]Animal Hamaguchi and Killer Khan[/B] def. Yoshiaki Fujiwara and Osamu Kido [B]The Masked Superstar and Ryuma Go[/B] def. Super Strong Machine and Isamu Teranishi [B]Masnobu Kurisu[/B] def. Gran Hamada [B]Tatsumi Fujinami[/B] def. Hulk Hogan to retain the [B]WWF International Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Andre the Giant and Kengo Kimura[/B] def. Nobuhiko Takada and Kendo Nagasaki [U]CWF The Endless Beach Tour Results[/U] [B]Mike Davis[/B] def. B. Brian Blair [B]Ron Bass[/B] def. Jake Roberts [B]Kevin Sullivan[/B] and Mark Lewin def. Barry Windham and Scott McGhee [B]Mike Graham[/B] def. Black Bart [B]Pak Song[/B] def. Bob Roop for the [B]CWF Television Title[/B] [B]Dusty Rhodes[/B] def. Bob Orton Jr. [B]Jos Leduc[/B] def. Blackjack Mulligan to retain the [B]Florida Heavyweight Title[/B] [U]WWC Hot Action Night Results[/U] [B]The Invaders[/B] def. El Gran Apollo and Jose Luis Rivera [B]Migel Perez Jr.[/B] def. Medic #2 [B]TNT[/B] def. Hurricane Castillo Jr. [B]Bob Sweetan[/B] def. King Tonga to retain the [B]WWC Puerto Rican Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Invader #3[/B] def. Super Medic #1 [B]Super Medic #2[/B] def. Ron Starr [B]Carlos Colon[/B] def. Medic #1 to retain the [B]Universal Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Black Gordman and Los Inferno #1[/B] def. Hercules Ayala and Sweet Daddy Siki [/QUOTE]

[CENTER]Wednesday Show Results Thursday, Week 1, January, 1983[/CENTER] [QUOTE][U]MACW Results[/U] [B]Pvt. Jim Nelson[/B] def. Angelo Mosca Jr. to retain the [B]Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Bugsy McGraw[/B] def. George South [B]Greg Valentine[/B] def. Ricky Steamboat to retain the [B]United States Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Ric Flair[/B] def. Ivan Koloff to retain the [B]NWA World Heavyweight Title[/B] [U]MSW Results[/U] [B]Krusher Khruschev[/B] def. George Weingeroff to retain the [B]Mid-South Television Title[/B] [B]Junkyard Dog and Mr. Wrestling II[/B] def. Lord Humongous and Lanny Poffo [B]Ted DiBiase and Matt Borne[/B] def. The Hacksaws [B]Nikolai Volkoff[/B] def. Steve Williams [U]UWA Todas Las Estrellas En Viaje! Results[/U] [B]Ringo Mendoza[/B] def. Octagon [B]Solar[/B] def. Perro Aguayo for the [B]UWA Junior Lightweight Title[/B] [B]Mascara Sagrada[/B] def. Rey Misterio [B]El Signo, El Audez, and Fantasma[/B] def. Dr. Wagner Jr., Negro Casas, and El Hijo del Diablo [B]Villano III[/B] def. Villano IV [B]El Solitario[/B] def. Villano I to retain the [B]UWA World Middleweight Ti[/B]tle [B]Enrique Vera, Canek, and Dos Caras[/B] def. El Matematico, Gran Apache, and Lobo Rubio[/QUOTE]

[CENTER]Thursday Show Results Friday, Week 1, January, 1983[/CENTER] [QUOTE][U]NJPW World Pro Wrestling Results[/U] [B]Tiger Mask[/B] def. Kuniaki Kobayashi to retain the [B]WWF Junior Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Tiger Toguchi[/B] def. Kendo Nagasaki [B]Seiji Sakaguchi and Tatsumi Fujinami[/B] def. Antonio Inoki and Akira Maeda [B]Andre the Giant[/B] def. Hulk Hogan [U]CMLL Results[/U] [B]Blue Panther, Hurricane Castillo Jr., and Kung Fu[/B] def. Atlantis, El Dandy, and Chris Youngblood [B]La Fiera, Gran Markus Jr., and Fabulouso Blondy[/B] def. Rocky Santana, MS-1, Mando Guerrero [B]Ultraman[/B] def. Eddie Guerrero for the [B]NWA World Lightweight Title[/B] [B]El Satanico, Dr. Wagner, and Rayo de Jalisco Jr.[/B] def. Fishman, Lizmark, and Mil Mascaras [U]MLW Ringside Wrestling Results[/U] [B]Pvt. Jim Nelson[/B] def. Mark Youngblood [B]Iron Mike Sharpe and Angelo Mosca[/B] def. The Mighty Igor and Pampero Firpo [B]Rene Goulet[/B] def. Bobo Brazil for the [B]MLW National Title[/B] [B]Gino Brito and Tony Parisi[/B] def. The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers to retain the [B]Canadian Open Tag Team Titles[/B] [U]PNW Big Time Wrestling Results[/U] [B]Dr. Tom Pritchard[/B] def. Billy Two Eagles [B]Rip Rogers[/B] def. Don Running Bear for the [B]PNW Top Contenders Title[/B] [B]Dean Ho and Billy Jack[/B] def. Buddy Rose and Ed Wiskowski [B]Rip Oliver[/B] def. Jules Strongbow for the [B]PNW Heavyweight Title[/B] [U]UWA Todas Las Estrellas En Viaje! Results[/U] [B]Doink the Clown, El Hijo del Diablo, and Rey Misterio[/B] def. Super Kendo, Octagon, and Dr. Wagner Jr. [B]Lobo Rubio, Villano IV, and Negro Casas[/B] def. El Texano, Mascara Sagrada, and Fantasma [B]Dos Caras, Enrique Vera, and Canek[/B] def. Gran Apache, Perro Aguayo, and Villano I [B]El Solitario[/B] def. El Matematico to retain the [B]UWA World Middleweight Title[/B] [U]WWF In Your Neighborhood Results[/U] [B]Johnny Rodz and Mr. Fuji[/B] def. Tony Garea and S.D. Jones David Sammartino drew with Eddie Gilbert [B]The Wild Samoans[/B] def. The Soul Patrol [B]Tito Santana[/B] def. Ivan Putski [B]Bruno Sammartino[/B] def. Charlie Fulton [B]Pedro Morales[/B] def. Big John Studd to retain the [B]WWF Intercontinental Title[/B] [B]The Masked Superstar[/B] def. The Iron Sheik [B]Jimmy Snuka and Ray Stevens[/B] def. Don Muraco and George Steele [B]Bob Backlund[/B] def. Superstar Billy Graham to retain the [B]WWF World Heavyweight Title[/B] [U]ASWUK Brain Damage Results[/U] [B]Terry Jowett[/B] def. Mike Jordan to retain the [B]British Empire/Commonwealth Middleweight Title[/B] [B]Tony St. Clair[/B] def. Rick Wiseman [B]Mark Rocco and John Quinn[/B] def. Johnny Kidd and Johnny Smith [B]Fit Finlay and Skull Murphy[/B] def. Steven Regal and David Taylor for the [B]ASW International Tag Team Titles[/B] [B]Chic Cullen and Alan Kilby[/B] def. Steve Wright and Frank Manley [B]Mal Sanders[/B] def. Mike Bennett for the [B]ASWUK Global Title[/B][/QUOTE]

dunno if you guys have this, but I found a great site for results from the old Kiel and Arena cards, all the way back into the early 60's. [url]www.oldschool-wrestling.com/geeklog/index.php[/url] go down the left hand side of the page to the results links and click on St. Louis/Central States results. What memories this brings back!!! Also has results from many other territories also...............

[CENTER]Friday Show Results Saturday, Week 1, January, 1983[/CENTER] [QUOTE][U]AWA All-Star Wrestling Results[/U] [B]Jerry Blackwell and Baron Von Raschke[/B] def. Steve O and Brad Rheingans [B]Buck Zomhofe[/B] def. Steve Regal to retain the [B]AWA Light Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Rick Martel[/B] def. David Schultz for the [B]AWA Television Title[/B] [B]Nick Bockwinkel[/B] def. Dick the Bruiser to retain the [B]AWA World Heavyweight Title[/B] [U]WWC Results[/U] [B]Carlos Calon and Invader #1[/B] def. King Tonga and El Gran Apollo [B]Ron Starr[/B] def. Super Medic #1 [B]Abdullah the Butcher[/B] def. Super Medic #2 [B]Pedro Morales[/B] def. Medic #1 [U]SWCW Results [/U] [B]Eddie Mansfield[/B] def. Chick Donovan [B]Chavo Guerrero Sr.[/B] def. Grappler #2 [B]Luke Williams[/B] def. Eric Embry and Hector Guerrero [B]The Dynamic Duo[/B] def. Adrian Adonis and Dick Slater to retain the [B]Southwest Tag Team Titles[/B] [U]JPUK South Tour Results[/U] [B]The Caribbean Sunshine Boys[/B] def. Mark McCoy and Alan Kilby [B]Otto Wanz[/B] def. Mike Jordan [B]Peter Roberts[/B] def. Bearcat Wright [B]Marty Jones[/B] def. Jon Cortez [B]Ben McCoy[/B] def. The Amazing Kung Fu [B]King Kong Kirk[/B] def. Giant Haystacks [B]Clive Myers[/B] def. Steve Grey for the [B]Bristish Lightweight Title[/B] [B]Bobby Barnes[/B] def. Brian Maxine for the [B]World Mid-Heavyweight Title[/B] [B]Big Daddy[/B] def. Jim Breaks [B]Johnny Saint[/B] def. The Original Kendo Nagasaki to retain the [B]World Light Heavyweight Title[/B][/QUOTE]

[CENTER]Wrestling at the Chase Results Saturday, Week 1, January, 1983[/CENTER] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/WrestlingAtTheChase.png[/IMG] Wrestling at the Chase Results Saturday, Week 1, January, 1983 Location: The Chase Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri Attendance: 1,000 [U]Mike George vs. Jerry Brown[/U] [IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/MikeGeorge.jpg[/IMG]vs.[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/JerryBrown.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] This was a pretty average match between two average wrestlers. Mike George and Jerry Brown gave a pretty good performance for their skill level. The match didn't really affect the crowd much, and you can't take that as a good thing or a bad thing. The announce crew made this match come off better on television. Mike George got the victory over Jerry Brown at the, when Mike George hit a massive Body Slam on Jerry Brown. [B]Winner: Mike George Overall: C[/B] [CENTER][U]Bob Brown and Buzz Tyler vs. Dewey Robertson and Kim Duk[/U] [IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/BobBrown.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/BuzzTyler.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/DeweyRobertson.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/KimDuk.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] A fairly good match for the beginning of the show. This tag match was a nice change of pace to the match before it. This match showcased some powerful talent in Kim Duk and Buzz Tyler. These two teams matched up pretty well, but Bob Brown and Buzz Tyler were obvioulsy the favorites in this one. The announce team worked very well in this match, also. The team of Bob Brown and Buzz Tyler got the win at, after Buzz Tyler hit Dewey Robertson with an Avalanche. [B]Winners: Bob Brown and Buzz Tyler Overall: C+[/B] [CENTER][U]Butch Reed and Roger Kirby vs. Rufus R. Jones and Manny Fernandez[/U] [IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/ButchReed.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/RogerKirby.jpg[/IMG] vs. [IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/RufusRJones.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/MannyFernandez.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] This was another above average tag team match, but it had a faster paced feel to it. Both teams displayed power and flying skills. The team of Butch Reed and Roger Kirby showed power, but Rufus R. Jones and Manny Fernandez showed aerial skills. This match, much like the others, was helped by the announce work of Larry Matysik and Joe Garagiola. Rufus R. Jones and Manny Fernandez picked up a win over Butch Reed and Roger Kirby at , when Manny Fernandez hit a thundering Flying Cross Chop on Butch Reed. [B]Winners: Rufus R. Jones and Manny Fernandez Overall: C+[/B] [CENTER][U]Crusher Blackwell vs. Bob Sweetan[/U] [IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/CrusherBlackwell.jpg[/IMG]vs.[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/BobSweetan.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] A great match between two big men. Crusher Blackwell and Bob Sweetan performed at a high performance, and it really came off well on the television. This match was full of power moves, and it gave the fans something to cheer about. This match didn't rely on announcing for it's rating, it was all about the wrestling. Crusher Blackwell pulled a win on Bob Sweetan, when Crusher Blackwell hit a Big Splash on Bob Sweetan for the three count. [B]Winner: Crusher Blackwell Overall: B[/B] [CENTER][U]Kerry Von Erich vs. Bob Orton Jr.[/U] [IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/KerryVonErich.jpg[/IMG]vs.[IMG]http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/TEWPurposes/Return%20to%20the%20Glory%20Days/BobOrtonJr.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] A great match between two young, up and coming, talent. Both of these men showed off some offense, and it made for a better match. This match was kind of dissappointing, because the match before was much better. This match was a quality main event, but not the best that the St. Louis Wrestling Club could offer. Kerry Von Erich got an impressive match over Bob Orton Jr., when Kerry Von Erich hit a monsterous Tornado Punch for the pinfall. [B]Winner: Kerry Von Erich Overall: B-[/B] [B][SIZE="3"]Overall Rating: B-[/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

Archived