45 members have voted

1. 1. What prestige level do you play?

• 80+
    • 70-80
    • 60-70
    • 50-60
    • 40-50
    • Less than 40

When starting a game which prestige level do you like to start out with? I am trying to find a level that will allow me to have plenty of solid players with a couple of stars and the occasional superstar. The team would probably have zero chance to win the BCS anytime in the near future but does have a chance to win plenty of games each year because of playing in a weaker conference. Any suggestions?

If I start a league with Playoffs, I start with a weaker team, specifically I usually start with FIU or FAU (being that I live in florida). Then I try 2 diff kinds of "careers". In 1, I try to build the crappy team into a power. In 2, I try to further my coach's career as far as possible... Like in the second scenario I've gone like this so far: FAU 3-9 FAU 6-6 FAU 10-2 FAU 11-2 (lost first round playoffs) FAU 12-1 (lost first round of playoffs) Got offered the Colorado head coaching job after an actually underrated Colorado team for whatever reason went 5-7 with a decent team... Col 17-0 (National Title) Col 13-1 (Lost 2nd round of Playoffs) Col 14-1 (Lost in 3rd round of playoffs) Col 15-2 (National Title) Col 9-3 (Why do redshirted players transfer when the starter ahead of them was a senior :( lol )

Well since I just started my first game in BBCF I can say that I started with an under 40 ranking at UNLV. Currently I'm at 3-2 and I enjoy the challenge of building a team up from the ground floor. Either that or building them up enough so that I can leave and go somewhere better.

[QUOTE=jdroche;166269]Well since I just started my first game in BBCF I can say that I started with an under 40 ranking at UNLV. Currently I'm at 3-2 and I enjoy the challenge of building a team up from the ground floor. Either that or building them up enough so that I can leave and go somewhere better.[/QUOTE] I just started playing with UNLV as well. We are currently 1-1 and it looks to be a tough season!

Guest Nukester
I usually start with Army, which is very low in the default league, and defaults to 45 in the 1989 mod Im currently using. Online in Gridiron Glory I use Syracuse which started at 65, and it has been very fun. Not high enough to dominate alot, but high enough to get into the top 25 with enough wins and to get some decent talent.

I started with ND(75). In my fifth year now at 83. I enjoy the challenge of having to manage the depth charts on a game by game basis to try and minimize transfers. I lose between 3-5 guys each year to the pros and transfers to other schools. It makes recruiting so very important to stay on top. Adds a lot of "uncertainty" at the end of the year. I set my non conference schedule such that my SOS usually ends up between 5-25 each year as in-house rule. Wish I could edit out Army, Navy, and Temple. Enjoy the likes of USC, Mich, MIST, Purdue, BC every year. Also, with the TO experienced, have had to run three different defensive schemes in five years...have learned a lot of the ins and outs of 4-3, 4-2-5, and 4-6 that keeps the game fresh and interesting.

I usually start with a very low team such as UCF or the others in C-USA. Then, I used the player editor to pump up the player stats into the 90s in order to thrash the teams that are scheduled to play me so in effect I just sort of bomb up the league or conference with very powerful stats. I do the same if I am offered by another team preferably the same position as I started with UCF. I know people will say, that's cheating, so what, what's the player editor for? To help you to become number one in NCAA 1A:D :D :D :D :D HEE HEE:D :cool: :p :) :D :D :D

[QUOTE=alex;166844]I usually start with a very low team such as UCF or the others in C-USA. Then, I used the player editor to pump up the player stats into the 90s in order to thrash the teams that are scheduled to play me so in effect I just sort of bomb up the league or conference with very powerful stats. I do the same if I am offered by another team preferably the same position as I started with UCF. I know people will say, that's cheating, so what, what's the player editor for? To help you to become number one in NCAA 1A:D :D :D :D :D HEE HEE:D :cool: :p :) :D :D :D[/QUOTE] I think that is fine as long as you are having fun. It is just a game and is meant to be enjoyed so have fun and good luck!

I went "Less Than 40" with the Tulsa Golden Hurricane at 35. I am 7-0 at this time with five victories being "come from behind" wins with under 4 minutes to go (one was an interception return for a TD). I do have weak schedule though. Little Skill + Lotsa Luck + Weak Schedule = 7-0. I have probably just jinxed myself.

I play a couple of different saves that I started with different prestige levels. I like coaching my alma matter Louisiana Tech in the WAC, and I think we started at a 35, and after about 10 seasons, we're at 47 last time I checked. I also have a save with Auburn, which started as a 75 and I'm now an 83 after 6 seasons. (2 national titles, 4 SEC titles) KennyWan

Archived