T-Zone 2007

Guest Stevie F'n Swing
[QUOTE=potty;193224]Yeah man, WSX has no one to beat the likes of 911 & The Pitbulls :confused: ECW gets looked on with far too rosey memories. It was nice stuff at the time, but man, it was not that amazing. And WSX does have good talent, especially for the product they are putting out there, which is a 30 minute spotfest show with lots of crazy over the top stupid stuff. Guys like Matt Sydal for instance.[/QUOTE] Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Dean Malenko, Eddie Guerrero, Shane Douglas, Taz, Rob Van Dam, Cactus Jack, Raven, Rey Mysterio Jr., Psicosis, Super Crazy, Tajiri, Too Cold Scorpio, Steve Austin, Brian Pillman...the list goes on. Yeah man, WSX can't compare to that. At all.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Stevie F'n Swing
[QUOTE=Tree;193090]and arguably on the biggest channel of any of them. i'm not gonna worry about it, just saying i'm surprised.[/QUOTE] Statistically speaking, USA Network is the biggest cable channel on TV, followed by the Disney Channel.

MTV's average rating for all programming is about half of what TNA Impact gets every week... so I don't see how the channel is all that spectacular.

I'm up to 22 New Promotions thus far. I'll be working on more until the weekend... just a pain to think of new concepts and names but I'm getting there. And before anyone says anything... forlan is working on the game data... forlan is the one releasing it... so no I do not know when it's coming out. :D

[QUOTE=forlan;193096]Exactly, thats why in the game, with a roster of mostly indy stars youd either need to put them much too over or the show would get canned in a couple of weeks[/QUOTE] That's exactly what happened in the game I'm playing now (an 05 mod I converted and modified to my liking) although it took about a month. But WSX never got above a 0.00 rating. Also Impact was cancelled by the end of the first month as well.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;192905]Not entirely accurate. They are paying people to be in the audience, but 'hip', 'attractive' MTV type youth to attend. Because if they were to sell tickets or something to that effect, we know the types of people that may show up.[/QUOTE] That's just how MTV does EVERYTHING. They're "reality" dating shows are stocked with aspiring actors and hired extras. I know people who have been on them. MTV is the fakest network out there. It can be argued that there's more real people on the cartoon network! :)

Actually, most if not all reality shows do that. They hire people who want to break into the entertainment business in hopes that they will churn out a new mega-star. Why bring some fat guy who watches TV all day when you can hire a professional model or n aspiring actor? Plus, a lot of reality shows will and have scripted things to bring in viewers... Big Brother has done it more than once. Others will just tell someone on the show to create a situation and stir up the controversy so people will want to watch it. Because let's face it... if you put half a dozen people who don't know each other in the same house and leave them completely alone... NOTHING is going to happen. Anyway, back on topic. Yes Fanku, in the test runs I've done for forlan the WWE still maintains a profit and sometimes they did get back to International... but they end up with the strangest Main Eventers I've ever seen... guys who will become bigger than HBK or Hulk Hogan. Danny Doring did in one run... had incredibly crappy skills but was the most over person in the world. Another time Dave Taylor made his way to the Main Event along with Paul London. Yes folks... the WWE was booking Paul London over Undertaker, Khali, HBK... you name it. I know the AI doesn't take size into consideration but I just found it funny to see.

[QUOTE=still71;193662]That's just how MTV does EVERYTHING. They're "reality" dating shows are stocked with aspiring actors and hired extras. I know people who have been on them. MTV is the fakest network out there. It can be argued that there's more real people on the cartoon network! :)[/QUOTE] i never thought such a nonsensical scenario could ever make so much sense. possibly the most true thing i've ever heard.

[QUOTE=Ransik;193695] Yes folks... the WWE was booking Paul London over Undertaker, Khali, HBK... you name it. I know the AI doesn't take size into consideration but I just found it funny to see.[/QUOTE] Is there no way to change an AI's booker's strategy like in TEW 2004? I see a way to change hiring preferences, but nothing about booking.

BCW has been done but the data is on my laptop which is dead, i have a backup at my parents and im going through there on saturday so il get it to you then. Edit: Should have added that I dont have any pics with the data as i Cant cut pics to save myself. I have made them a local promo, and the stats for all the wrestlers are from my opinion so if they can be adjusted accordingly.

[QUOTE=Ransik;193404]MTV's average rating for all programming is about half of what TNA Impact gets every week... so I don't see how the channel is all that spectacular.[/QUOTE] perhaps. but WSX's rating this week topped TNA's... not arguing it should be in the game, because it's strictly Forlan's decision. but the rating was fairly decent.

[QUOTE=Tree;193862]perhaps. but WSX's rating this week topped TNA's...[/QUOTE] ...Thanks to the fact that [i]Impact[/i] was on a different night and time, which was barely advertised or even mentioned. Also, keep in mind that this was WSX's first episode, and that [i]Impact[/i] in its normal time slot has been averaging a 1.2 for the past few weeks. Anyway... Question: How come HUSTLE never makes the real-life data? I'm not complaining, nor am I hinting that I want it in there. I'm just curious.

[QUOTE=dj_gir;193914]...Thanks to the fact that [i]Impact[/i] was on a different night and time, which was barely advertised or even mentioned. Also, keep in mind that this was WSX's first episode, and that [i]Impact[/i] in its normal time slot has been averaging a 1.2 for the past few weeks. Anyway...[/QUOTE] To be fair though, they received a 1.0 rating (WSX), which was much higher then what they thought they would get. Have no idea if this is going to be the norm or not, but they opened alot of "actual" promotions eye's, kind of makes one think a little.... WSX themselves say they are not a "real" wrestling promotion... Just to make that clear. However, they will tour, have PPV's, etc... so, I don't know. I say they are just a live version of "Celebrity Deathmatch"... myself. However, if their ratings become stable... your looking at this ranking.. WSX 1.0 TNA 1.2 ECW 1.4 Smackdown 2.4 Raw 4.2 So there could be reason to watch them, see what happens.

I don't expect WSX to hold ratings like that. Most of the viewers I would assume were from the IWC... being as close to TNA's ratings as they were. Unless they can actually find something to hold the interest of the fans I don't think they're gonna maintain that rating, cause after seeing it last night it's not impressing me one bit.

Archived