Tommy's 2001 Scenario

Hi. I've been working on a 2001 Scenario for 07 for the past few weeks. It's not an epic thing, strictly North America only. Will have about 700 workers and, to replicate the industry-wide changes that happened in March, will come in two versions. One with WCW as a seperate entity, owned by Eric Bischoff (the original Fusient plan). And one where WCW has been absorbed by the WWF (what actually happened). Either guide WCW back to the top, or do the Invasion angle right. The following promotions are included. If anybody thinks I'm missing an important fed, give me a buzz. - WWF - WCW - OVW - HWA - NWA: Wildside - ECWA - APW - UPW - JAPW - XPW

Yay! Please use the PWI 2000 listings [url]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/pwi/pwi50000.htm[/url] and the 2001 listings [url]http://www.100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/pwi/pwi50001.htm[/url] to check up on if you have the top 500 wrestlers of that year in this scenario. I've seen to many 2000-2001 scenario's without guys like Donvan Morgan, who was a top prospect at the time.

Good lord, making title histories is boring. The mod is going quite well. 707 workers at the moment, that will probably increase but not by much. With 11 feds, that's a pretty good size. Just fleshing the mod out more with title lineages, alter egos and relations. Should be on target for a release in the few weeks after 07 is available.

Just a quick progress update. Up to 710 workers, complete title lineage for every title of every promotion (yes, even that damn WWF Hardcore title), and have 90% of the pics sourced. A few pics need to be 2001'ified, but that won't be too tricky. The promotion Product section is giving me grief at the moment, having to test every promotion to find the most realistic product, while also making it playable is very annoying. But, having said that, everything is going well. If there's enough interest I might run a closed beta just to iron out the mistakes, if not there should be a release in a fortnight.

Just a little progress update. Up to the third beta at the moment as we iron out the bugs. I've played a while as WCW, and aside from a few small errors, there's nothing very much wrong with the scenario. Even managed to get an A rated show. Who would have thought Jeff Jarrett and Bam Bam Bigelow would have such good chemistry? Once the 'Bischoff owns WCW' version is completely error-free, I'll get started on the 'Vince owns WCW' version, and we can all get started re-creating the rancid trash that was the Invasion. Hot.

Guest TAFKA cjt4ever
Looking forward to this mate. I used to play your old 2001 scenarios on past versions of the game. Always loved it. Can't wait for this!

As my tester-extraordinaire D1 just said, I need a bit of Japan help. I was originally only going to stick to the American scene only, but as the mod gets deeper and deeper, I feel it would be selling myself and you guys a little short. Yesterday, I added BCW and ECCW from Canada. Today, I'll chuck in AAA and CMLL from Mexico. I'd love to add Japan also, even if it's just two or three feds,even if it's just for realism when it comes to wrestlers such as Vader and Scott Norton touring. But, I really don't know enough about Japanese wrestling to give it a treatment on par with my killer American stats. Hehe. And the only mods with Japanese feds that I could steal from are set in 2006, so I'm in a bit of a pickle. Any puro fans want to help out?

And... I got some help. Well, I'd started adding the Japanese guys myself (god bless RaveX), when I received a PM from a mysterious stranger. I sent him the data, and he's hopefully going to add in a whole bunch of Puro stuff. On the progress side - Mexico is done. It's certainly not as detailed as in a modern-day mod, but it works well enough in-game. It's still going well, but I wouldn't expect release for another week or so.

Archived