Official GDS 2006 Awards Ceremony (Results Inside!!)

[I]tap, tap, tap…[/I] [COLOR="Blue"]“Is this thing on? Excellent. Well, they may be late, but please welcome representatives of USPW to accept the award for Best Cornellverse Diary”[/COLOR] [I]The lights dim, smoke pours from… the smoke generators, and really bad electronic guitar rifts ring out around the auditorium.[/I] [COLOR="blue"]“Introducing the two time GCG World Champion, the two time DaVE Brass Kunckles Champion, and two time USPW World Champion – Jungle Jack!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“Ladies and gentleman – USPW was the… second place I was World Champion, but deep down I remember it for one reason – meeting Emma Chase! What a woman, I can personally call her a true friend now. Thanks guys! But haven’t worked there for two years, and I’m not missing it”[/COLOR] With that, Jack walks off. [COLOR="blue"]“Ladies and gentleman – Nemesis!”[/COLOR] Nemesis sprints out from the crowd, hitting Jungle Jack full on with a Nemesis Spear. Some people may say that there’s still history from USPW, but that’s a long time ago – they faced each other at the Extreme Double Header just last month. Both men brawl to the back, and the lines dim again. [COLOR="blue"]“Well, that’s Family Friendly for you. Now introducing the man to hold the USPW World Title for exactly a year – the Canadian Sensation, Marc DuBois!”[/COLOR] DuBois slowly strides from the crowd, shows off for the crowd, before waiting for them to calm down. [COLOR="red"]“The most dominant man in USPW. The three time PWMAX Heavyweight Champion. Anyone remember my CGC Canadian Title reign? The 2009 Young Wrestler of the Year. Full time at DaVE for the last six months. What have they let me do in 6 months? 11 matches! Just one measly win! Against Nathan Coleman!! He had a run in USPW, but does anyone remember that? No, and so they shouldn’t! Christ, they’ve even put Lead Belly over me! Young Wrestler of the Year! I…”[/COLOR] DuBois continues his rant, but the mic’s been cut. He yells out [COLOR="red"]“Scapino would’ve had me at SWF World Champion”[/COLOR], before security bundle him from the stage. [COLOR="blue"]“Ladies and Gentlemen, current USPW World Champion, Eisaku Hoshino!”[/COLOR] Hoshino has the belt around his waist, and is flanked by Sun Tzu and Kazuma Narato, and is booed resoundingly. [COLOR="red"]“Silence! All bow before the champion!”[/COLOR] No-one does. [COLOR="red"]“I truly represent USPW, and all that they stand for. Well, apart from bringing “Out Your Kids””[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Our Your Kids”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“Who said that!?!”[/COLOR] To surprisingly good response, Al and Pete, The Hillbillys stand up. They’ve obviously drunk quite about tonight, and are slapping one another, giggling childishly. Hoshino rolls his eyes, as they sit down. [COLOR="red"]“Enough! Some may say Scapino should have won this, but he needed help! You may not know, but we here at USPW booked a match for him many months ago.”[/COLOR] A small voice pipes up [COLOR="green"]“What match?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“Joel Kovach faced Chris Caulfield.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Ooooooooh…”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“In a hardcore match!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]"And what did that match achieve?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“Who am I speaking to!?!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Jonny. Aka JonnyV1”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“Scary name. So, I suppose you’ve achieved more?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Well, I booked a match for Scapino that allowed Marc DuBois to face Archangel the other night and win the SWF World Heavyweight Title six months later. Like I said, what did your match achieve?”[/COLOR] There was a moment silence, and a dark cloud settled over Hoshino’s face. [COLOR="red"]“Up here, now.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“What?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“You, me, a match now.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Uh, I’m not a wrestler, I’m just a booker. At least until 2007.”[/COLOR] The cloud over Hoshino’s face gets even darker. He starts to shake. [COLOR="red"]“I… hate… bookers”[/COLOR] By now Sun Tzu’s dragged JonnyV1 from his chair, and is dragging him to the ring. I realise that I’ve changed tense several times while typing this. Tzu forces his shoulders to the ring, and Hoshino makes the easy cover while Narato makes the three count. Team Japan celebrates together before heading out back. The crowd begin to mumble – is there anyone left to actually accept the award? A figure emerges from the crowd. [COLOR="blue"]“I give you Team Samoa!”[/COLOR] Kid Toma stands there behind the mic. [COLOR="red"]“Well, I’m all that’s left of Team Samoa. Akima’s been at DaVE for half the time of DuBois – and has three times the wins that he does! Samoan Machine is going to PGHW, so it’s just me. For now. But to be honest, DaVE have just offered me a contract, so I’m off there too.”[/COLOR] Ignoring the boos, Toma jumps down from the stage, to turn his back on USPW, like so many before. To try and rescue the situation, as it seems half the crowd has left, USPW owner Danny Jillefski takes the stage. [COLOR="Green"]“I’d like to introduce you all to the most dominant man over the past decade at USPW – Giant Redwood!”[/COLOR] Apathy. [COLOR="red"]“Rooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar! Arggggggggggggggggggggggh! Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurg!”[/COLOR] Thanks Redwood. And thanks for all who voted, read the diary, and commented. Looks like longevity got me this one.

[QUOTE=eayragt;169451][COLOR="red"]“Enough! Some may say Scapino should have won this, but he needed help! You may not know, but we here at USPW booked a match for him many months ago.”[/COLOR] A small voice pipes up [COLOR="green"]“What match?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“Joel Kovach faced Chris Caulfield.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Ooooooooh…”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“In a hardcore match!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]"And what did that match achieve?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“Who am I speaking to!?!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Jonny. Aka JonnyV1”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“Scary name. So, I suppose you’ve achieved more?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Well, I booked a match for Scapino that allowed Marc DuBois to face Archangel the other night and win the SWF World Heavyweight Title six months later. Like I said, what did your match achieve?”[/COLOR] There was a moment silence, and a dark cloud settled over Hoshino’s face. [COLOR="red"]“Up here, now.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“What?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“You, me, a match now.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Uh, I’m not a wrestler, I’m just a booker. At least until 2007.”[/COLOR] The cloud over Hoshino’s face gets even darker. He starts to shake. [COLOR="red"]“I… hate… bookers”[/COLOR] By now Sun Tzu’s dragged JonnyV1 from his chair, and is dragging him to the ring. I realise that I’ve changed tense several times while typing this. Tzu forces his shoulders to the ring, and Hoshino makes the easy cover while Narato makes the three count. Team Japan celebrates together before heading out back.[/QUOTE] ROFLMAO!

[QUOTE=eayragt;169451][I]tap, tap, tap…[/I] [COLOR="Blue"]“Is this thing on? Excellent. Well, they may be late, but please welcome representatives of USPW to accept the award for Best Cornellverse Diary”[/COLOR] [I]The lights dim, smoke pours from… the smoke generators, and really bad electronic guitar rifts ring out around the auditorium.[/I] [COLOR="blue"]“Introducing the two time GCG World Champion, the two time DaVE Brass Kunckles Champion, and two time USPW World Champion – Jungle Jack!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]“Ladies and gentleman – USPW was the… second place I was World Champion, but deep down I remember it for one reason – meeting Emma Chase! What a woman, I can personally call her a true friend now. Thanks guys! But haven’t worked there for two years, and I’m not missing it”[/COLOR] With that, Jack walks off. [COLOR="blue"]“Ladies and gentleman – Nemesis!”[/COLOR] Nemesis sprints out from the crowd, hitting Jungle Jack full on with a Nemesis Spear. Some people may say that there’s still history from USPW, but that’s a long time ago – they faced each other at the Extreme Double Header just last month. Both men brawl to the back, and the lines dim again. [COLOR="blue"]“Well, that’s Family Friendly for you. Now introducing the man to hold the USPW World Title for exactly a year – the Canadian Sensation, Marc DuBois!”[/COLOR] DuBois slowly strides from the crowd, shows off for the crowd, before waiting for them to calm down. [COLOR="red"]“The most dominant man in USPW. The three time PWMAX Heavyweight Champion. Anyone remember my CGC Canadian Title reign? The 2009 Young Wrestler of the Year. Full time at DaVE for the last six months. What have they let me do in 6 months? 11 matches! Just one measly win! Against Nathan Coleman!! He had a run in USPW, but does anyone remember that? No, and so they shouldn’t! Christ, they’ve even put Lead Belly over me! Young Wrestler of the Year! I…”[/COLOR] DuBois continues his rant, but the mic’s been cut. He yells out [COLOR="red"]“Scapino would’ve had me at SWF World Champion”[/COLOR], before security bundle him from the stage. [COLOR="blue"]“Ladies and Gentlemen, current USPW World Champion, Eisaku Hoshino!”[/COLOR] Hoshino has the belt around his waist, and is flanked by Sun Tzu and Kazuma Narato, and is booed resoundingly. [COLOR="red"]“Silence! All bow before the champion!”[/COLOR] No-one does. [COLOR="red"]“I truly represent USPW, and all that they stand for. Well, apart from bringing “Out Your Kids””[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Our Your Kids”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“Who said that!?!”[/COLOR] To surprisingly good response, Al and Pete, The Hillbillys stand up. They’ve obviously drunk quite about tonight, and are slapping one another, giggling childishly. Hoshino rolls his eyes, as they sit down. [COLOR="red"]“Enough! Some may say Scapino should have won this, but he needed help! You may not know, but we here at USPW booked a match for him many months ago.”[/COLOR] A small voice pipes up [COLOR="green"]“What match?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“Joel Kovach faced Chris Caulfield.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Ooooooooh…”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“In a hardcore match!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]"And what did that match achieve?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“Who am I speaking to!?!”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Jonny. Aka JonnyV1”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“Scary name. So, I suppose you’ve achieved more?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Well, I booked a match for Scapino that allowed Marc DuBois to face Archangel the other night and win the SWF World Heavyweight Title six months later. Like I said, what did your match achieve?”[/COLOR] There was a moment silence, and a dark cloud settled over Hoshino’s face. [COLOR="red"]“Up here, now.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“What?”[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]“You, me, a match now.”[/COLOR] [COLOR="green"]“Uh, I’m not a wrestler, I’m just a booker. At least until 2007.”[/COLOR] The cloud over Hoshino’s face gets even darker. He starts to shake. [COLOR="red"]“I… hate… bookers”[/COLOR] By now Sun Tzu’s dragged JonnyV1 from his chair, and is dragging him to the ring. I realise that I’ve changed tense several times while typing this. Tzu forces his shoulders to the ring, and Hoshino makes the easy cover while Narato makes the three count. Team Japan celebrates together before heading out back. The crowd begin to mumble – is there anyone left to actually accept the award? A figure emerges from the crowd. [COLOR="blue"]“I give you Team Samoa!”[/COLOR] Kid Toma stands there behind the mic. [COLOR="red"]“Well, I’m all that’s left of Team Samoa. Akima’s been at DaVE for half the time of DuBois – and has three times the wins that he does! Samoan Machine is going to PGHW, so it’s just me. For now. But to be honest, DaVE have just offered me a contract, so I’m off there too.”[/COLOR] Ignoring the boos, Toma jumps down from the stage, to turn his back on USPW, like so many before. To try and rescue the situation, as it seems half the crowd has left, USPW owner Danny Jillefski takes the stage. [COLOR="Green"]“I’d like to introduce you all to the most dominant man over the past decade at USPW – Giant Redwood!”[/COLOR] Apathy. [COLOR="red"]“Rooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar! Arggggggggggggggggggggggh! Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurg!”[/COLOR] Thanks Redwood. And thanks for all who voted, read the diary, and commented. Looks like longevity got me this one.[/QUOTE] Lmfao!!!! I think when the WWE tries DX and comedy, you should write for it! :D :p

[B][U]WWE: Three-for-all Response[/U][/B] [B]Vince:[/B] Hey Linda! Look at this GDS2006 Awards! And the WWE is in it! [B]Linda:[/B] But I don't recall us joining a GDS Award Show...what's GDS? [B]Vince:[/B] I don't know but we're up for an award for Most Compelling Character, with Edge! [B]Linda:[/B] Vince Edge has only been in one interview segment so far...are you feeling well? [B]Vince:[/B] Edge won! Edge won! Edge won! We're famous I tell you! Because I'm Vincent Kennedy McMahon and whenever I work towards something I get it! [B]Linda:[/B] You trusted Int. Champion 101 with the booking, this guy named G-Prime won it. [B]Vince:[/B] *Twitches.* [I]Shane walks into the room.[/I] [B]Shane:[/B] What's on? I want to watch Dancing with the Stars or So you Think you can Dance? [B]Linda:[/B] Your dad is upset that he didn't win an award at the GDS 2006 Awards. We didn't even enter. [B]Shane:[/B] Did we make the cut-off? [B]Linda:[/B] No. [B]Vince:[/B] Well the old WWF is on the list. [B]Shane:[/B] And apparently they didn't win... [B]Vince:[/B] And the SWF was closer then us, I haven't even heard of the SWF and Scapino1974! *Slams head on table* [I]Look forward to next year's episode at the GDS2007 Awards![/I]

[QUOTE][B]The Iron Sheik:[/B] [COLOR="Red"] [B]Tristram... JABRONI![/B] [B]Scapino...[/B] Big piece of cheap! [B]Nevermore... JABRONI![/B] I bend over and put hump on back like so much Camel! I humble them all![/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Ric Flair is most compelling. I laugh at this because he is funny little man with his [B]WHOOO![/B] He is pretty man but not compelling. I put him in dress and see what I can compel him to do. I clutch his camel good! Iron Sheik most compelling not Flair. Ask Mr. Gagne, I stretch Flair. In fact, I stretch'em all when I want! Stretch [B]Wildfire1324...[/B] [B]eayragt... D16NJD16...[/B] I stretch all those jabroni's! Give no award to [B]Daview Daview Heff'n Raw???[/B] Garbage! Is cheap American politricks! [B]DAVIEW DAVIEW HEFF[/B] is only place you can find Iron Sheik. Is only place you can hear Sheik promo. Give second place for promo???... Second place is first loser. [B]ismailite[/B] is loser! I stretch him too. [B]IRON SHEIK NUMBER VON![/B] Diary awards... [B]HUUAGGHH... PTUI![/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]First of all, great thread! Now then, thanks to everyone who nominated and or voted for my diary in any category! I didn't even expect to be nominated so thanks folks. Congrats to all of the winners as they deserved it! Congrats to me for even being in such great company! This entire "thingy" (for lack of better word at the moment) was very well done. BIG props to D16NJD16 for his effort, work, and willingness to see this through!

[QUOTE=the ismailite;169606]First of all, great thread! Now then, thanks to everyone who nominated and or voted for my diary in any category! I didn't even expect to be nominated so thanks folks. Congrats to all of the winners as they deserved it! Congrats to me for even being in such great company! This entire "thingy" (for lack of better word at the moment) was very well done. BIG props to D16NJD16 for his effort, work, and willingness to see this through![/QUOTE] Well that Iron Sheik greatness made it all worth it.

[QUOTE][B]The Iron Sheik:[/B] [COLOR="red"][B]BAH! [/B] Ric Flair... [B]EDGE![/B] Is same! Clone Jabroni's! Neither man is compelling in my opinion. I put Edge in Camel Clutch and ask if he thinks he knows [B]ME![/B] ... ... So I make mistake. I am olympic medalist. I protect Shah of Iran for many years. I can make mistake. My mistake is nothing like mistake made here. Edge is mistake! Diary Awards... Mistake! [B]D16NJD16,[/B] you are mistake! I fix you and I fix mistake. I make recount right now![/COLOR] [B]Best Real world diary:[/B] [COLOR="red"]The Iron Sheik![/COLOR] [B]Best Cornellverse Diary:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Cornellverse is Jabroniland. Is Disney![/COLOR] [B]Best Indi diary:[/B] [COLOR="red"][B]HUUAAGH... PTUUI![/B][/COLOR] [B]Best promos:[/B] [COLOR="red"]The Iron Sheik![/COLOR] [B]Most compelling character:[/B] [COLOR="red"]The Iron Sheik![/COLOR] [B]Best New Diary:[/B] [COLOR="red"]The Iron Sheik![/COLOR] [B]Best overall:[/B] [COLOR="Red"][B]IRON SHEIK NUMBER VON![/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]Yeah, In my rush to join in on all of the promo fun, I overlooked the fact that Edge had actually won in the most compelling category and ran with it. Sorry about that G-prime. Although, I'm sure The Iron Sheik can toss a Jabroni or two your way as consolation:p

• 5 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Oldschool;169387]Diaries come and go so often here..Not to mention some get better and some get worse... So I'd like to suggest that you do these awards on a quarterly basis... If thats not to much overkill[/QUOTE] I only just noticed this post after rereading this thread. That sounds like a great idea. And I was thinking, perhaps some extra categories too? Like Best Match Descriptions, and Best Segment.

[QUOTE=G-Prime;188475]I only just noticed this post after rereading this thread. That sounds like a great idea. And I was thinking, perhaps some extra categories too? Like Best Match Descriptions, and Best Segment.[/QUOTE] I'll definatly add more catagorys, but quarterly would be overkill IMO. I think if a diary comes and goes, then so be it, it probaby shouldn't win any diary awards unless it's just so above and beyond everyone remembers it. That's how I looked at it. I'd say it worked well as was.

Archived