Need some tips from the experts

I bought my registration a little while ago. Been playing with the little free time I can find. Great game. I lost the first five matches but am on a 11 match winning streak. Still, i'm not sure if i'm really advancing. Can someone give me some tips about getting ahead? How do I become stronger and better? It seems my physical abilities are barely improving. How do I know its time to start looking for other federations? Should I just keep fighting until i get a title shot or is there a way to get things gonig faster? Am I just impatient or are things really going slow for me? Thanks!

Welcome! This is, as you said, a great game; one of my absolute favorites, heh. Physical/In-Ring skills take some time to improve upon - especially if you aren't facing off against opponents that can pass along their knowledge. Are you working a twerpy promotion at present? Regardless, once you start fighting that promotions Main Eventers (and still not seeing much improvement), it probably is time to start looking for work in a bigger promotion. The better workers you fight against, the better their 'quality' advice will be to your wrestler. I've seen everything from STR to SPEED improving just by having good matches with good workers. Also, adjusting your training regiment might help, though probably not as much as you are looking for. Slow advancement is really a relative thing. Some people take their rookies all the way to the top within months - some have taken years. It's hard to judge or compare, as people have their own play styles and expectations. One of our fellow posters started a [URL=http://www.troyperry.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/WreSpi/]visual 'diary'[/URL] that follows a Rookie-to-Legend in an earlier version of the DOTT scenario. As you can see, Troy 'The Stickman' Perry is heading for jobberdom after close to three full years in the business. The interesting thing about it, though, is that the gent running it, Socko, was/is having a lot of fun playing such a career. Again, it's all relative. You might want to start requesting feuds with those workers around your overness level; that may help. With your 11 match win streak going, I imagine it would be a good time to start looking for title shots - that will at least help your overness, which will in turn make it easier to get hired by other, more established promotions. Perhaps send along more info about your wrestler, Gileyal? It's kind of hard to give specific advice without knowing what type of worker your wrestler is, what promotion you are working, etc. As long as you are having fun, that's the important thing. :)

My best advice to you: Always aim for high rated matches of B- or better. Also make friends with Main Eventers, Main Bookers, and Owners if possible. All have imput in the kind of matches and level of opponents you get... if you are an opener and are friends with maineventers, owner, or booker of the fed, you will get matches against midcarders rather than other openers... this higher level of competition will help you get 2 or more point of overness after a B-rated win, rather than 1 or 0 overness gain. But I agree with Boon's main point... have fun... thats really all that matters in games.

Thanks guys! I'm now 25 and 7, but still am not getting any title shots. My USA overness is just 19 (is that a severe amount for 32 fights?). I'm fighting for rather small federations, and have started a fued or two with belt holders but for some reason they never place me against them. I guess I just need more time? Gil

I like to help people so I'll do my best... with the info you gave... 19 overness... forget overness when it comes to title shots... what position are you? For example, I am a midcarder in DAVE and maineventer in USPW. As a midcarder in DAVE, I compete for the Brass Knuckles title but I am not good enough for the United title... as a maineventer in USPW, I compete for the World title but I am too good for the National title. (I have 60 overness.) Another example is I had about 5 overness in Canada, I went to 4C (regional Canadian federation), I am now about 20 overness (midcarder) but 4C only has one single title... a maineventer title... so I can not compete for titles yet... Now there are exceptions (many exceptions!) to this but generally only maineventer compete for the first belt and only midcarders compete for the second belt - if there is a second belt. As a 19 overness in USA, competing for small federations (NYCW?) then the only single belt is the NYCW Empire belt... when you get to 25-30 overness, start a feud with the current champion (make sure you are of opposite disposition face vs heel) and you will get your title shot. And to answer your other question 19 overness for 32 fights is really bad! I moved from 5 to 20 of Canada overness in 11 fights... don't pin the guy if the match is a C or less... because you will have just waisted your time... you won't gain any overness with a C or less rated match.

[QUOTE=Goldberg]And to answer your other question 19 overness for 32 fights is really bad! I moved from 5 to 20 of Canada overness in 11 fights... don't pin the guy if the match is a C or less... because you will have just waisted your time... you won't gain any overness with a C or less rated match.[/QUOTE] I have to disagree with Goldberg somewhat here. I don't think 19 overness from 32 matches is "bad", it's "realistic" (or in reality, unbelievable! Stone Cold didn't become Stone Cold overnight). Depending on how many promotions you wrestle for, you probably wrestled those matches within a 2 or 3 month period, so 19 is pretty good in my opinion. I think what you need to remember is that the game can go on for years and years and I think if you become the best wrestler in the world in one year, you're going to be bored out of your skull for the rest of that career. My enjoyment comes from taking it slow and gradually building a legacy.

XofX, you did not disagree with me, you just talked about something completely different. He asked if it was good. no its not good. you answered if it was realistic and fun... no probably not (so we agree)... 19 overness in a few months is neither realistic nor fun... but is it GOOD? in the context of the game and the possibilities in it... no its not good. As an opener like he was, always fighting more over workers, 19 overness can be achieved in 10 to 20 matches of B- quality and better... but I agree with you, not always the most fun either...

Not to turn this into an argument on semantics, but how can 'not wasting your time on anything under a C', as was mentioned a couple of posts back, be fun [I]or[/I] good? If it's a fun match, I could care less if the match is a D or an A. Concerning myself with the stats and figures takes away from the fun, in my opinion. [QUOTE=Goldberg]19 overness in a few months is neither realistic nor fun... but is it GOOD? in the context of the game and the possibilities in it... no its not good. As an opener like he was, always fighting more over workers, 19 overness can be achieved in 10 to 20 matches of B- quality and better...[/QUOTE] I believe we must be playing different games. :) In the context of a career simulator, a 'walk off the street rookie' climbing 19 overness in months is really quite suspect. In the context of Original Data WreSpi, it's probably about average. At least in my playing of the game. Examine the advancement of the AI around you. Are the AI rookies becoming mega stars within months? How many wrestlers can say they have had 10 B matches in their lifetime, much less in three months (or whatever we are talking)? And yet your wrestler sneers at anything under a C? In the context of the game: Does the AI wrestlers have continual strings of B matches? Again, I never feel the need to perform a B match every time. To me, a rise of 19 overness is pretty darned good. To someone that wants to take over the wrestling world in a season, I can see how that 19 point climb would be considered hideous. The only person that can say for sure would be Gileyal. Are you having fun, Gil? If so, it doesn't matter. Only you can determine if you are advancing too slowly.

I will simply say these two points: A. what I meant by "waist your time" was if your goal is to rise and compete for titles as fast as possible (which is my understanding of the first post) then one would be waisting time by ending a match with a C or lower rating since you will not gain overness... again, not fun, not realistic, not compare to AI players, but to achieve a certain goal of quick rise to fame and fortune... also called answering the orignal post questions rather than what I personally find more fun... B. I agree completely that as long as Gileyal is having fun, that is ALL that really matters - realistic or not, good or bad - but again, not what my understanding of the original post was about... more on how to win a title as quick as possible and as many as possible than is 19 overness in 32 match fun or realistic.

Thanks for the advice guys. I finally got my first title shot (BTW, I forgot to metion I'm playing DOTT), against a seasoned veteran, and was able to defeat him in a long and scary match:). Finally, the ref ended the match when the other guy couldn't go any longer. Got a B+ rating! Still, no new federations are looking at me, and my dream of teaming up with the von erichs against those enemies that I hated with all my guts as a little kid is still a long way:) Thanks for the tips!

Archived