Hall of Fame Issue

I noticed when you are reviewing the players in the history section for the hall of fame, if you have changed a players name it is not reflected there. This really stumps me as to why. I do have a tendency to change many of the names (just can't stand having a halfback named Butkis :) ) Any rate if I change ihis name to whatever, when he graduates and warranted good enough stats the hall of faem shows Butkis and not what I had changed. Go figure :confused:

After digging a bit deeper, I noticed there is some sort of missing link between some of the tables within the Database. I can go into the stats file and look at a specific year for the stats and the players name reflects the one changed to (where it added to the players name table.) But when you look in the specific teamid table, it still reflects the old name # and this does not change. So what happens is the game will reflect the changed name for viewing stats, etc... but once the player graduates, the hall of fame table reflects based on the teamid # table which shows the old name.

Archived