Baseball Mogul 2006 is out.

jbmagic

if you guys are looking for a baseball sim game, then check out Baseball Mogul 2006. [url]http://www.sportsmogul.com/[/url] Only cost $19.99 A lot of new features has been added: * NEW All-Time Leaders! Active and all-time career and single-season leaders tracked for over 75 stats. See if Barry Bonds can break Hank Aaron's record. * NEW Historical Rookies! Start in any historical season and Baseball Mogul will automatically include minor and major league players for every team. As you build your dynasty, real rookies from seasons past become available for the Amateur Draft. * NEW Player Personalities and Morale! Manage the individual personalities of your team to build the right team chemistry. * NEW Expanded Contract Negotiations! Arbitration. Free agency. Use player options and no-trade clauses to sweeten the deal and land the best players. * NEW Minor League System! Manage up to 100 players in your farm system. From draft day until retirement, you are in control of the entire organization. Track player development using new written scouting reports and stats for high school, college and every minor league level. * NEW Rosters! Detailed career stats through Opening Day 2005, including over 10,000 players.

Baseball Mogul has a deserved following, and it's good to see the level of competition has been raised a bit for Marcus, but my heart will always belong to OOTP. Mogul isn't really even close in my mind. Shaun's Puresim would actually be running second. As for those complaining about the confusing American sports, OOTP does at least have the distinction of being a part of the company that has published Championship Manager (aka "Football Manager"). That should at least mean something ;)

Guest takatch
Interesting, I have played Pure Sim and done well over 100 seasons and yet to have a hitter hit .400. Usually the batting title is won by a hitter at about .350 and I think the stats are realistic.

Shaun Sullivan's Puresim is an excellent game, and his level of customer service is fantastic. It's not quite where OOTP is in terms of the all-around game, but it's still a worthy contender for best baseball management sim. I've found the levels of realism to be acceptable, but everybody has their own personal tastes.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Beach23BoyP
[QUOTE=streetballer67]Puresim has a nice presentation but it produces unrealistic stats, guys hitting .470 in a season is commonplace.[/QUOTE] I sorry, but that is completely untrue. I can make PureSim produce just about any stats I want it to produce. The power of its "XML engine file" is exactly what all sports text sims need.

Archived