Welcome... to the Coastal Zone!

Where we'd never bait-and-switch a change in format just because we screwed up... or would we? Welcome to the Coastal Zone! ADB never told anyone why he missed the show; we fined him and figured that would be the end of it for a while... well, until he complained about us jobbing the crap out of him. No, I'm not vindictive at all. Due to an accident in scheduling... it's a special Thursday show! February 2015, week 1, Thursday CZCW.COM Tour Ricardo Ballroom, Puerto Rico (1,421) Marc Speed is out and wants a rematch. Josh Jones tells him to step aside and let someone else have a rematch. A main event is made (D-) Xtreme Ladder Match Fearless Blue(c) def ADB in nineteen minutes (C-) Afterwards, Blue speaks about Donnie J (D-) Random Match Cal Sanders def. Antonio in ten minutes (D+) Hype for Blue vs J (D) Tag Match Backyarders def. Hot & Cold in ten minutes (D) We announce both men in the main event will get shots in a three-way match with FireFly at March Of Glory (D-) Main Event Marc Speed def. Josh Jones in twenty-two minutes (C+) Show rating: C-. Yeah, we don't know why we ordered the matches like that either. Annnnnn.... Puerto Rican Main Event, from Puerto Rican Power's Gym Alicia Strong def. ADB (C-) J-Ro challenges Nathan Black to put the RCAW Title on the line tonight RCAW Title: Nathan Black def. J-Ro (C) Show rating: C- Gah, not good enough. We'll have to work on that a bit more... Next time, on the Coastal Zone: We try again to hit at least a C/C+ in Puerto Rico and worry about burning out the place. In the meantime, the build to March Of Glory continues...

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sometimes, stuff happens. Welcome to the Coastal Zone Former Zoner Cameron Vessey has broken his neck in a match with Eagle Kawasawa for INSPIRE. He is expected to be out of action for at least a year, if not forced to retire outright. Vessey was last in the Zone in 2007, where he was part of the NextGen tag team, notable for their feud with Air Force One. We here at the Coastal Zone would like Vessey to know that, upon his return to the industry, he will have a place of employment if he wishes. February 2015, week 2, Wednesday CZCW.COM Tour Live from Tijuana (1,845) We open with Josh Jones and Antonio in the ring. Josh talks about how he'd love to be a two-title champ again, and challenged Alicia & Raku to a match tonight. The girls show up and accept. (D) RCAW Title Match Marc Speed def. Nathan Black(c) by DQ when Josh Jones does a run-in... but Pee-Wee makes a mistake and awards the title to Speedball anyway??? (D+) Joanne comes out and challenges Nathan to an RCAW title match. People get confused because Nathan just lost the title. "Well, you'll have to get it back then, won't you?" (D) Random Match ADB def. Matty Phatty in a squash (D) Backstage, Fearless Blue and Donnie J get into a war of words and have to be pulled apart (D) Tag Match Fearless Blue & Nicholas Randal def. Donnie J & Christian Price when Blue pins J (D+) Hype for March Of Glory's main event (D+) Main Event Tag Title Match Alicia Strong & Raku Makuda def. The Neew J-Neration of Josh Jones & Antonio in nineteen minutes when Marc Speed runs interference (D) Show rating: D. Not our best effort. Two days later... Puerto Rican Main Event! Alicia Strong makes an pen challenge for a Tidal Booking match. Josh Jones def. Alicia Strong (C+) Nathan Black cuts a promo on J-Ro CZCW Title: Amazing FireFly def. Nathan Black (B-) Show rating: C+! On the next Coastal Zone: Someone's getting too big for their britches. Can we look forward to them leaving us next?

Where even the medium-big names are threatening to leave... Welcome to the Coastal Zone! MHW had recently tried to renew the contract of Super Sonic, and he turned them down for not being big enough. Now, we were the same size as them... and Super Sonic's contract with us was up in two months. Could this be the end of The Backyarders in CZCW? We'd find out in two months... February 2015, week 3, Wednesday CZCW.COM Tour Tijuana (1,619) Opening Xtreme Title Match Josh Jones draws Fearless Blue(c) in twenty-one minutes after Donnie J runs in and attacks both of them. (C+) Afterwards, we get a long segment of everyone mad at everyone else, and Firefly comes out to mediate and aggravate. We wind up with a setting of the main event... for next week. J and FireFly will face Blue and Jones (D+) Random Match J-Ro def. Harry Wilson in twelve minutes (C) Hype for J-Ro vs Nathan Black (E+) Random Match #2 Nathan Black def. Alicia Strong in fourteen minutes (C) Intercut hype interviews for the March Of Glory Main Event from FireFly (D+), Speedball (C-), and Jones (D+) Main Event RCAW Title Match Marc Speed(c) def. Super Sonic in fifteen minutes (C+) Show rating: C ADB no-showed yet another show. I don't care how good he is in the ring... we're jobbing his arse out for the rest of his contract. Puerto Rican Main Event Raku Makuda def. ADB (D) ADB kvetches about not winning and not being treated like a star, until FireFly comes out and offers him a title match to shut him up. CZCW Title: Amazing FireFly def. ADB (C-) Show rating: D+. Whoops. We -had- had more popularity in Puerto Rico than in Northern Mexico... until this week. On the next Coastal Zone: Alicia Strong wants -how-much- to stay with us???

Sometimes, things just refuse to go our way.. other times, they don't. Welcome to the Coastal Zone! It as time to renew Alicia's contract, and we were... a little taken aback at how much she wanted. But she was worth it, even if she wasn't in the main event for a little while... twenty-seven hundred an appearance. It was probably the last time we'd be able to renew that before she decided we were too small for her... so that gave us a nine-month period of trying to hit Cult. Then again, Alicia wouldn't be the first person to outgrow us... we'd just keep going... the question is, would we keep going upwards? February 2015, week 4, Wednesday CZCW.COM Tour Tijauana Again (1,989) Opening Tag Match 5SSW def The Backyarders in sixteen minutes when Yuma pins Aero after a ref-distracted low blow (D+) Donnie J cuts a promo on Fearless Blue (D) Random Match Mercutio Sleep def. ADB in sixteen minutes (C) Hype for the March Of Glory main event (D+) Random Match #2 Hector Galindo def. Antonio and Matty Phatty in seventeen minutes of a stinker (E+) Hype for Nathan Black vs J-Ro (D-) Main Event Tag Josh Jones & Fearless Blue draw Donnie J and Amazing FireFly in twenty-two minutes when 'all hell breaks loose', Pee-Wee loses control, and is forced to DQ both teams for illegal double-teaming (C+) Show rating: C And that Friday's Puerto Rican Main Event: (Interspersed with the matches are a series of hype videos for Nathan Black vs Joanne Rodriguez, which is now an RCAW #1 Contenders Match) Josh Jones def. Alicia Strong (C+) CZCW Title: Amazing FireFly def. Harry Wilson (B-) Show rating: C+ Fearless Blue goes to MPWF... but only pay-per-appearance. Well, glad he'll get some more overness. We also have a spate of retirements announced for the next the month... Larry Wood, Grandmaster Phunk, Cherry Bomb, and Mary Beth Chase. Next time, on the Coastal Zone: It's CZCW March Of Glory 2015! CZCW Title: Amazing FireFly vs Josh Jones vs Marc Speed Xtreme Title: Fearless Blue vs Donnie J RCAW Contendership: Nathan Black vs J-Ro And most likely other stuff, too...

Welcome to CZCW March To Glory 2015! March 2015, week 1, Wednesday Gorski Ballroom (2,892) Opening Match Mercutio Sleep def. Hector Gallindo and ADB in sixteen minutes with a quick roll-up on Hector (D+) Hype for Black v Rodriguez (D-) Ten-Man Battle Royal Daredevil Aero def. Antonio, Cal Sanders, Christian Price, Craig Prince, Extreme Deluxe, Harry Wilson, Matty Phatty, Nich Randal, and Super Sonic in sixteen minutes (D+) Marc Speed hypes up the main event, announcing he's putting the RCAW Title on the line as well to give FireFly an incentive to not pull any coward crap (C-) Tidal Tag Title Match Aliaic Strong & Raku Makuda(c) def. 5SSW and Hot & Cold in fifteen minutes (D) Josh Jones hypes up the main event, saying once again he'll hold two titles in the Zone. (C-) Backstage, Donnie J ambushes Extreme Deluxe and beats the crap out of him, telling him to deliver a message to Blue.. lie down, or his friends will be lying down (D-) RCAW Contendership Match Joanne Rodriguez def. Nathan Black in nineteen minutes via submission (C) Backstage, Fearless Blue is with the medics, checking on Deluxe, and Deluxe passes along the message. Blue grimaces and promises to get revenge (D-) Amazing FireFly hypes the main event, saying that Speedball is an idiot... he already had FireFly's full attention, but now, Fly will have something else... the RCAW belt. (C-) Xtreme Ladder Match Fearless Blue(c) def. Donnie J in fifteen minutes (B-) Hype video for the main event (C-) Main Event CZCW/RCAW Championship Title Triple Threat Match Marc Speed(c) def. Amazing FireFly(c) and Josh Jones in twenty-three minutes (C+) Show rating: C+ Show Importance: Up to Above Average. Which is... Above Average! Annnnnd we've cancelled Puerto Rican Main Event, deciding to run the Wednesday event through there every-other week. On the next Coastal Zone: With a lighter schedule, yes, Cult is farther away... but we should stop having to feel so dirty about throwing our main eventers at them.

New champ, same old Welcome to the Coastal Zone! Yeap. When I started this dynasty, I never would have thought it, but Marc 'Speedball' Speed is CZCW Champion. And RCAW Champion, although that bit's an accident. Hey, we'll work with it. Like nobody's ever lost a lesser title before. Antonio became the latest Zoner to pick up more work south of the border, going part-time with MHW. March 2015, week 2, Wednesday CZCW.COM Tour Ricardo Montenez Ballroom (1,821) Marc Speed is celebrating his title win when Joanne Rodirguez comes out, and she wants her RCAW Title Match tonight (D+) Opening Match Amazing FireFly def. Harry Wilson in fifteen minutes (C-) Josh Jones and Antonio come out and begin talking smack about Strong and Raku. The girls come out, and naturally, we get a match out of it (E+) Tidal Tag Title Match The Girls(c) def. The New J-Neration in fifteen minutes when Antonio is distracted by Raku and gets rolled up (D+) Backstage, FireFly cuts a promo on Speedball and wanting his title belt back (D+) Xtreme Ladder Punishment Match Fearless Blue(c) def. Super Sonic, Daredevil Aero, and Donnie J in fifteen minutes of punishment for Donnie as XDW gets revenge for his beating of Extreme Deluxe (D+) Hype for the main event (D) RCAW Title Match Joanne Rodriguez def. Marc Speed(c) in eighteen minutes when Amazing FireFly interferes and clobbers Speedball while J-Ro isn't looking (C) Show rating: C-. Whoops. Well, we'd have to work on that a bit. And since we're back to one show a week, we're doing two shows a post! MHW goes for another Zoner, this time Hector Gallindo. We could be in a problem if MHW decides they don't like us. The next show will be a little bad, because we've got four big names out... looks like someone decided to hold a show... March 2015, week 3, Wednesday CZCW.COM Tour Tijuana (1,704) We open with The New J-Neration is out complaining about last week's title match ended and want a rematch. The Girls come out and say that if it'll shut them up, fine (D-) Opening Match Mercutio Sleep def. Craig Green in twelve minutes (E+) Joanne issues an open challenge for the RCAW Title at Spring Break Bash (C) Random Match Nich Randal def. Christian Price in eleven minutes (D) Random Match Nathan Black def. Matty Phatty in fifteen minutes (D+) Backstage, Donnie J is heading to ringside. Extreme Deluxe is ready to ambush him for revenge, but misses and collides into a door. Donnie J shrugs and keeps walking (E+) Random Match Harry Wilson def. Hector Gallindo in thirteen minutes (D+) Donnie J comes out to accept J-ro's challenge. J-ro aargues that Donnie lost his last two Xtreme matches and desn't deserve a shot, and Donnie says he'll prove his worth next week. (D) Main Event Tidal Tag Title Match New J-Neration def. The Girls(c) in fifteen minutes via DQ and Jones groped Alicia and she kicked him in the nuts (D+) Show rating: D. Ufda. On the next Coastal Zone: The go-home show for Spring Break Bash, and what kind of show can we put on? Mediocre? Probably.

• 2 weeks later...
Attempting a new gimmick in Coastal Zone history: Welcome to the Drunken Coastal Zone! Okay, mebe not drunk. But tipsy, at least. I bought a good bottle of vodka to celebrate my new job, then wound up having bills and whatnot make me broke... so dammit, I'm gonna enjoy this vodka... since I got no money for lunch for at least a week... Lesse, where were we... oh, yeah, one more show before Spring Break Bash. Do we have a card yet? Lesse... Speedball/FireFly, irls/J-Neration, Donnie/J-Ro... hrm. Seems pretty good for us. No heat, but good for us. Huh. Cherry Bomb is retiring. Guess I'll never get to do that re-creation of... nah. Nevermind. Forgot. So... yeah, I gotta admit, I love Welcome to the Coastal Zone, but I think when TEW08 comes out, I'll pick someone else and do story-based diary, not game-based. I dunno. We'll see. I seem to be infamous for starying diaries and not finishing them (with, like, two exceptions), so we'll see. Y'know, BSC is odd. They're a T&A promotion, but they've got four actual wrestlers in the main event: Alicia Strong, J-Ro, Tracy Brendon, and Wanda Fish. We should hire Wanda Fi... HOW THE HELL DO YOU BREAK YOUR NECK IN BABES OF SIN FREAKIN' CITY??????? Title match? With Alicia? Wow... that must've been a seriously botched move. Just happened this week, too. Bummer. Well, she's 39. She'd be retiring soon anyway. She got a C match out of the thing, at least. March 2015, week 4, Wednesday CZCW.COM Tour Ricky Ricardo Ballroom, Puerto Rico (1,313) Side note: I'll be hitting San Jaun this Aapril for my brother's wedding, if I can afford to fly the family out. They went my son to be ring bearer. I, meanwhile, need to find two grand for airfare, hotel, and clothes that don't show sweat stains. We open with Speedball and J-Ro calling out FireFly and Donnie J to set up the traditional Champs vs Challengers match tonight (D+) Hype video for the Tidal Tag Match at SBB (E) 4-Way Elimination Match for some future contendership or something Nathan Black def. Harry Wilson, ADB, and Cal Sanders in twenty mintes; amazingly, ADB was the first one thrown out (D+) J-Ro and Donnie cut promos on each other (D+, D-) Xtreme Ladder Match Fearless Blue(c) def. Josh Jones in eighteen minutes when Neakbreaker Alicia Strong comes out to shove him off a ladder about sixteen minutes in to allow Blue ot retain (C) Promos from FireFly and Speedball (D+, D+) Champs v Challengers Main Event Tag Match Challengers (FireFly and Donnie J) def. Champs (Speedball and J-Ro) in twenty-three minutes, J lands a Death On Miami Beach on J-Ro (C) Show rating: C-. Just a C-. Dammit. We need Cs to get better in Puerto Rico... Eff it, I should just use the editor... nah, too easy... March ended, and April began. Don't look so shocked, it happens every year. What is shocking? Two deaths on the same night... Nissho Tausa, 34, BHOTWG Television Champion, and Apprenticia Jr, 36, OLLIE superstar, have both passed away from drug overdoses. Both men had just come off wins in the last week. We also have the retirements of Mary Beth Chase, Cherry Bomb, Larry Wood, and Grandmaster Phunk. ... Wow. That... has a bad night. Next time, on the Coastal Zone: Spring Break Bash 2015! Most of which we still need to book...

Welcome to CZCW Spring Break Bash 2015! Spril 2015, Wednewday, week 1 Live Online from the Gorski Ballroom, Southwest USA (2,823) oPENING tAG mATCH 5ssy DEF. hOT & cOLD IN 10 MINutes, Assassin pins Ice (D+) Backstage, Aero and Sonic are getting into a shouting match about why they aren't getting title shots. Javier comes by to explain, when Sonic takes a swing at Aero. Javier tells them to settle this in the ring tonight so they can get back to work next week (E+) Random Four-Way Match Nathan Black def. Matty Phatty, Christian Price, and Hector Galindo in twelve seconds (D+) FireFly cuts a promo on Speedball (D+) Random Match Cal Sanders pins Harry Wilson in twelve minutes (D+) Hype for the tag title match (D) Lucha Match Daredevil Aero def. Super Sonic in fifteen minutes (D+). Afterwards, Sonic cheap-shots his partner and heads for the back, disgusted (E) Four-Way Xtreme Ladder Match Fearless Blue(c) ddef. ADB, Mercution Sleep, and Nich Randal in thirteen minutes of "What are those two doing in there with thsoe two?" action (C-) Speedball cuts a promo on FireFly (C-) Tidal Tag Title Match New J-Neration (Josh Jones & Antonio ) def. The Girls (Alicia Strong & Raku Makuda) (c) in thirteen minutes, Jones pins Raku (C-) Donnie J quick-hpyes his match with J-Ro (D+) RCAW Heavyweight Submission Match J-Ro (c) def. Donnie J in eighteen minutes of surprisingly good action (C+) Hype for the main even t(C) CZCW Championship Match Speedball Marc Speed (c) def. Amazing FireFly in eigghteen minutes (B!) Show rating: C+ Note to self: Character changes for Cal Sanders and Marc Speed, stat. On the next Coastal Zone: Crud. Forgot to change the date for CZCW.COM back to Wednesday. Emergency Thursday Show! And... who's leaving the Zone?

Due to my (completely sober, BTW) manages to mess up the difference between the 'load game' and 'delete game' buttons on the main menu... and the screen they lead to looking exactly the same... I have managed to delete Welcome to the Coastal Zone. I have managed to recover a backup. However, the backup is from July 2014. Over half a year of gameplay gone. It's dated sometime back in November. I hate to say it... especially since I was just getting into the concept of Speedball as champion... but I'm done.

This is a sad day in the history of TEW. I am a very distraught, destroyed, and disappointed man. I love Welcome to the Coastal Zone. It was a great ride ever since the days of 2004 when we both were doing CZCW dynasties and I couldn't make mine as good as yours. I've been with you every step of the way. Thank you for the good times. I just wish you could have hit Cult.

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;364266]Due to my (completely sober, BTW) manages to mess up the difference between the 'load game' and 'delete game' buttons on the main menu... and the screen they lead to looking exactly the same... I have managed to delete Welcome to the Coastal Zone. I have managed to recover a backup. However, the backup is from July 2014. Over half a year of gameplay gone. It's dated sometime back in November. I hate to say it... especially since I was just getting into the concept of Speedball as champion... but I'm done.[/QUOTE] I've done this too many times. Sucks that this run of the Coastal Zone is over, but on the brightside TEW 08 is only a few months away.

To quote everyone else [QUOTE]That sucks[/QUOTE] If anyone was having difficulty getting into the game, this diary would always help. Even without in depth write-ups, the matches were meaningful, and the directions you took were sure orginal. I'll miss this is you don't do another one for 2008. Saying that though, you've created a great storylined diary before, so the void may be filled!

Archived