21st Century Wrestling - UK Sports Entertainment

I wasn't the most likely choice to be booking for 21CW. I wasn't from the UK, or even that continent. I was a Canadian. I had been trying to break into wrestling for awhile, I was decently talented as a manager or announcer, or colour commentator; hell I had even worked as a referee for awhile. But I had been doing some work as of late as a booker for a small Northern Ontario promotion. It ended up falling through, I would like to think business was just bad... but maybe I didn't cut it as a booker. I was out of work, debating career paths when I got an email. Dear Mr. Rach, My name is Jeff Nova. I own the promotion 21st Century Wrestling. I am contacting you to offer you a job as our head booker. I have seen some of the stuff you did in Canada, it wasn't the traditionalist Canadian style, it was good sports entertainment. I want you to come over to the UK and do the booking for my promotion. We want to lead it into the UK's breakthrough Sports Entertainment promotion. I'm not much for writing letters so I'll end things here but let me know if you're interested and we can talk about flying you up here for a trial period. -Jeff Nova 21CW I sat staring at the screen for awhile, not sure what to make of it. It had to be a joke, I had never been out of Canada; what did I know of the UK wrestling scene? Then again... what did I have to lose? I quickly had an email sent out to Nova and we began talking on contract, lodging, and getting me out to the Southern UK to start working.

First Week I didn't realize it at the time, but I arrived at the offices of 21CW with only two days before 2007 began. The turn of the new year and a new Head Booker. As soon as I got into the offices I noticed Jeff had set me up with a nice workspace. I already had a few notices left for me bu Jeff, as he was out of town doing some publicity events. "Hey Brad, as per our agreement you can start with Wednesday's show right?" Was what the note said. I laughed to myself, it wasn't a question it was a command. Nova seemed like a pretty straight forward guy. I looked over our roster list. [B]Staff[/B] Managers: [H]Kathleen Lee [F]Phoebe Plumridge Decent Talent on the mic and a good look to both of them, if we really want to move on a SE direction though I should look at getting more T&A Announcing Team: [F]Steve Smith [F]Jeff Nova [H]Brad Rach (me) Nova felt I had a good mouth on me and the presence of a North American would give some flair, if I could and I quote "Make sure that damn accent of mine isn't too distracting" Referee: Jacob Baily Road Agent: The Steamroller [B]Workers[/B] Enhancement Talent [F]Davey Celtic Openers [F]Philip Cooper [F]Trance [F]Rave Lower Midcard [F]Davey London [H]Suicide Agent [H]Genocide Agent Midcard [H]Ivan Ivanoff [H]Leo Price [F]Rolling Johnny Stones [H]Rod 'The God' Todd [F]Daniel Black Francis [H]Luke Cool Upper Midcard [F]Red Dragon [H]Igor Ivanoff [H]Nightmare [F]Adam Mattravers Main Event [H]Joss Thompson [H]DJ Reason [H]Pit bull Brown [H]Stevie Stoat Well after Reviewing the roster the lack of Faces in the main event is very clear. My first order of business is to turn DJ Reason as I think he could play a fan favourite fairly well. But my first show will see how well I implement my ideas.

First Show [I]Sorry for the wait, Christmas kept things hectic I guess.[/I] It was finally the day for my first show, I hadn't been able to put out any kind of announcements and did the card the day of, it was very unorganized. [B]Davey Celtic VS Daniel Black Francis[/b] Francis had a squash match against Celtic, quite nicely done. The crowd was pretty harsh to Celtic, which I think might of actually Helped the Match [B]D[/B] After the match Francis is jumped by the Elimination Agents. The do their usual bout of screaming, and toss him around for awhile. Suicide Agent pours some power in the middle of the ring and does a nicely executed powerbomb onto the power, causing a flash explosion. Suicide Agent jumps on DBF and hits him with a flurry of punches, when DJ Reason burst into the ring and hit with the most devastating football tackle I think I’ve ever seen! I had the urge to scream out ‘POUNCE” for some reason but I’m not sure why. Reason picked up Genocide agent by the neck and tossed him over the top ropes and onto the arena floor. He sold it well. [I]This bored the crowd and brought down their mood, but I'm a big fan of everyone involved in that promo [/I][B]E[/B] DJ Reason called for the microphone as the startled crowd listened intently. “Listen up! This place has gone crazy lately with new people coming into the promotion left and right, doing whatever the hell they please! The wrestlers won’t stand for it, and soon the fans won’t stand for it either. Even the Elimination agents are attacking random people. Daniel Black Francis is a damn good performer and this sh** won’t be happening very long, I can damn well guarantee you that! As a matter of fact I’m bringing people in that are going to help me clean up this place!” I think at that moment my heart stopped. What was he doing? I had no plans to big in big talent, mostly just cannon fodder! I was doing commentary at the time and I think I did well with keeping my composure even if I was dying inside. My boss, Jeff Nova was sitting beside me, oblivious to the fact I had no intention on any big signings coming. What made things worse was DJ Reason hyped for another minute that he was started a team to take back 21CW for the fans. They loved it, they really did… but now I had some big promises to fill. [I]The crowd bought it nicely and seemed to like the announcement[/I] [B]D+[/B] For some filler the camera went to the Announce Team and we discussed what DJ Reason had just said, I tried to play down the chance that it could be anyone good, but given I’m the ‘heel’ announcer on the team, I think it made his claims sound more legit. [I]Jeff Nova did really well in this segment, but I think I was suffering some problems, probably distracted by the previous segment[/I]. [B]C-[/B] We aired a promo about a surprise match tonight, unannounced would be Rodd ‘The God’ Todd against Joss Thompson! [B]E+[/B] [B]Davey London VS Rolling Johnny Stones [/B]London had a bit of offense against Stones, which made the crowd detest him whenever he did, but it was mostly a squash. The crowd were really pissed off about London even being there, but seemed to pop nicely for Johhny. [B]D[/B] After the match Stones helped London up and the two shook hands. Then Stones began to rock out to his theme music and pumped up London along with him, I liked the mood of the segment and I think it helped calm me down. [I]The crowd wasn’t too keen for it and seemed to be getting bored [/I][B]D-[/B] [B]Luke Cool Vs Phillip Cooper[/B] Luke Cool had a fairly open match against Cooper, until he used brass knuckles to knock Cooper out. [I]Surprising to me the crowd were vocal about Cool’s in ring talent. Perhaps I should be pushing him aside if the crowd doesn’t like seeing him perform.[/I] [B]E+[/B] Cool celebrated his greatness, his looks, and his general arrogance after the match, riling the crowd against him. [B]E-[/B] [B] Elimination Agents VS The Party Animals[/B] I wanted a tag match and the Elimination Agents were the only available opponents for the Party Animals. I am having them feud with the Ivanoffs so overusing Agents in another angle seemed the only solution. The Party Animals dominated the match, but at one point the Ivanoff brothers snuck out of the crowd and when the Jacob Bailey was in the corner facing away from them, Ivan punched him in the back of the head. The two men jumped the party animals and dominated them nicely. After knocking out Rave and Trance, the Ivanoffs left the ring, Bailey regained consciousness, and Genocide Agent pinned Rave for the win. [I]Everyone was pretty tired at the end and the crowd worst of all [/I] [B]E+[/B] The Camera panned over to the announcers table again. I hyped how amazing the Elimination Agents and the Ivanoffs were, to my colleagues disgust. We killed some time in the program. [B]D+[/B] [B] Stevie Stoat VS Leo Price[/B] A nice open match. Nothing really to say, Stoat won via Pinfall. [B]C-[/B] Rod ‘The God’ Todd hyped that his match tonight against Joss Thompson, for the 21st Century World title, would be a ladder match! [B]D-[/B] [B] Joss Thompson VS Rodd “The God” Todd[/B] Our main event, a surprising Ladder Match for the 21CW World title. Thompson won in a nicely done match, solidly enjoyable. [B]C[/B] [B]Final rating: D+[/B] I Could hope for better, but it was my first show. I'm not sure what I'm going to do about bringing in talent for DJ Reason's group, and Nova will chew my ass out pretty soon for that remark.

Archived