From a new owner

Guest Nukester

Guest Nukester
Lifelong wrestling fan from the mid 70's to the late 90's Short time lurker First time poster Just wanted to say hello to the wrestling community here, and say that I just purchased the game yesterday after giving the demo a few runs (and dying to see what happens after the first month), and am having an absolute blast. Along with the DOTT scenario, I couldnt have asked for a better wrestling simulator. Ive never really enjoyed the booking/owner games, but this game is EXACTLY what I was hoping and looking for. Nice job. Cant wait to see what comes next :)

Ah the first post... what an experience it is... I remember my first post... it was a sunday afternoon, the bird were singing, the dog was chasing the cat, and my wife was NOT yelling at me... it seemed like a perfect day... until the game crashed so I post to ask a technical question and got a quick and helpful answer from Adam... Ah memories... If only all posts could feel like the first one... but that feeling is gone... forever... As for Nukester's first post, I'll give it a B rating. Its a good post!

Guest Nukester
Well, I started up a "rookie to legend" career using the DOTT universe. My wrestler is a lighweight, a good technical wrestler, and very speedy. Pretty weak though. Think Tiger Mask, not Big John Studd. I was able to get a try-out for the SouthWest Wrestling Association (or something like that), but the CWA signed me right off the bat for opener work. Much to my surprise, I won 3 of my first 4 matches: Defeated Eikeem Alajuan (?) in a tables match for my first career win Defeated Randy Savage (with a GoodNight Irene Sleeperhold) Lost to some pretty boy blond guy that I never really heard of before (forgot his name), but after beating Savage, I was surprised that this guy wiped the mat with me Defeated a young Shawn Michaels for the Central Wrestling Association Television Title After looking at the ratings of these guys, I didnt think there was any way I could beat them. Being a newbie, my ratings are very low, but somehow I beat them. Is the game normally that easy, or was it my knowledge of wrestling moves which helped me put together good matches ? The game very much reminds me of ITP (Inside the Park Baseball), but a bit deeper. This is pretty much exactly what I expected it to be. Im having a blast so far, but I am a hardcore oldtime wrestling fanatic, so that may be fueling a bit of my like of the game so far. I dont think thats the case though. I really like the game.

It's good to hear you are enjoying the DOTT scenario. The next stat update to the scenario is soon to be released, so hopefully you'll stick around for it. I believe that the changes I have recently made has increased the difficulty quite a bit - especially for rookies. Between AI mindset and worker stat tweaks to the 'better' wrestlers, and the rescaling of the Finishing-type moves (both in stats required to pull them off, and the frequency levels), it makes it much tougher. As far as WreSpi itself... the game can be pretty easy if you have a knowledge of the moves and take a stat-based mindset into how you decide which moves are to be done. Especially if you are taking other people's Finishers! ;) Once I stopped looking at the numbers, and just went with the natural flow to the match (role-playing), the matches themselves started getting much harder. For example... instead of concerning myself with getting the best match possible (i.e., picking only those moves that get the most bang for the buck), I will concentrate on wearing my guy down first. Or specifically target the guy's legs. Whatever. Role-playing can really help improve the gameplay, I believe. It's one of the reasons I've thrown so many of those elements into the scenario, actually. Imagine the sequence of my grabbing your arm, busting an arm wringer, arm whipping the limb, pulling it into a hammerlock, then taunting the guy for even allowing the whole process while the hammerlock is applied. That's a 4 move logical chain in the context of the match; each move slowly building up the WOW ratings as you go; each move allowing the AI an opportunity to mount a comeback. The difficulty comes from the fact that I passed up the opportunity to pull off four much more wicked (and possibly easier) moves just to roleplay it. Anyway -- It's great that you are digging WreSpi. I honestly think it's one of the best games to come out in years - but then again, I'm a dinosaur. :)

Guest Nukester
Oops, turns out it was the Southwest Television title I won from Shawn Michaels...but still, he was pretty easy for a newbie rookie to beat. Oh, and the guy that beat me was Chick Donovan

Archived